It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question abut real Id and states that use it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I've done some searching but can't seem to come up with what I'm looking for.
my question is can someone post a list of the states that have took on the real id and the state who haven't
sorry if this is already posted

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreNothingWithoutGOD

Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and Washington have joined Maine and Utah in passing legislation opposing Real ID.[51][52][53][54][55][56] Similar resolutions are pending in Alaska, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, D.C., West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.[57]

On April 16, 2009 the Missouri House of Representatives passed the anti REAL ID bill HB 361 to repeal section 302.171, RSMo, and to enact in lieu thereof two new sections relating to noncompliance with the federal REAL ID Act of 2005 sponsored by Representative Jim Guest by a vote of 83 Ayes 69 Noes and 3 Present. On May 13, 2009 the Missouri Senate unanimously passed HB 361, 43 Ayes 0 Noes. Missouri Governor Jay Nixon signed this bill into law on July 13, 2009.[63] For the 2012 Florida Legislative Session, an anti-REAL ID bill, HB 109 [64] and Senate companion S 220 [65] will be heard. Named the Florida Driver's License Citizen Protection Act[66], it would require discontinuation of several of the federally-mandated provisions of REAL ID and destruction of citizen's documents that had been scanned into the government database. New Jersey will begin issuing REAL ID compliant drivers' licenses and non-driver ID cards beginning May 7, 2012[67]

en.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Wiki

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I've found this site with color coded maps of the changes in opposition and acceptance of the states to the Real ID act over the course of 3 years , but I'm not sure it's current. The maps end at 2009

HERE
edit on 3-5-2012 by Inquisitive1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I currently reside in Arkansas (on the list) and although I've heard rumors of the Real ID being implemented over the years, I have yet to see any changes to the current standard issue ID and drivers licenses.

I'm up for renewal at the end of the year, so I guess there's nothing to do but wait and see.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

According to those maps from the link I posted; Arkansas has denounced the Real ID act.. At least in resolution. Seems it hasn't changed that stance for those three years either. Again, not sure how accurate or up-to-date those maps are. Though the site itself does claim it will update whenever there is any new information, it still bothers me that the maps end at 2009. It's all I could find, though.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Inquisitive1

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Thanks for that update on the situation.

I've always been torn on the idea of the Real ID card.

On one hand, it would be wonderful to have all information accessible in one identification card, as I personally see benefits to such a thing (medical considerations not covered in current formats), but every conversation I've had about it's possible merits has usually been shot down by opponents to the concept.

I know of more people ready to hack those types of cards than I can count....it just doesn't seem enough people are open to and receptive to such an idea....probably why we haven't heard anything since 2009.

Maybe one day....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
hey thanks alot everyone for your input and links, just wish they updated past 2009
I don't see anything good coming out of those cards the little gold star reminds me to much of Hitler and the biometrics and to top it off in the obama care bill it requires you to have one

edit on 3-5-2012 by WeAreNothingWithoutGOD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join