It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Caught Drugging Occupy Protesters: Don't Believe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
found this video on before it's news but I found it extremely disturbing that they are giving drugs to youth and it seems teenagers.

Police Caught Drugging Occupy Protesters

Local independent media activists and members of Communities United Against Police Brutality began investigating police conduct around the Plaza after witnessing police dropping off impaired people at the plaza and hearing rumors that they were offering people drugs. We videotaped police conduct and interviewed participants, learning some very disturbing information about the DRE program.

Officers stated on record the DRE program, run by the Minnesota State Patrol, has no Institutional Review Board or independent oversight. They agreed no ambulances or EMTs were on site at the Richfield MnDOT facility near the airport where most subjects were taken. Multiple times, participants left Peavey Plaza sober, returned intoxicated, and said they'd been given free drugs by law enforcement. We documented on more than one occasion, someone being told they were sober by one officer, and then picked up by a different officer, and returning intoxicated.

This also raises question exactly to the purpose of the program the police are conducting

edit on 5/3/2012 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
deadlinelive.info...

They police were involved in some sort of DRE training where the junkie test subjects were expected to report in a drug-impaired state. apparently those who were not, were taken to state-owned facilities and much to their hearts content, found themselves a 'kid in a candy store' being furnished free drugs by police who went on to perform their "training" on the "test subjects"

who knows what went on behind closed doors

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Oh seems totally legit. Groups that dislike police on a site that isn't legit. Totally buying it. Why are the cameras blurred? Caught drugging Occupy folks? Even if the vid is legit they aren't drugging the unwilling. Why must ATS members love occupy so?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This isn't about occupy anything...

Our tax dollars are going to these officers to get people high? It raises very disturbing questions?

Why are law enforcement doing this? Especially since it's out of their jurisdiction.

Why is this being done? What purpose does it serve? especially on a local level? it doesn't make sense.

*guys watch the video, one of the participants said that they knew they were from occupy wall street, and were looking for those type of people*
edit on 5/3/2012 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
No one is drugging Occupy..... I personally printed out a "Manual" with anecdotes and tips last October for Occupy STL that detailed this same tactic being used in London and around Greece among other places. I know in the fall, I'd seen reports at Occupy of this happening at our location, Denver and reports of various others.

The cops could care less who's getting drugs from who....It's the over all criminal element they are dropping onto Occupy and know Occupy won't turn away. It gives them an internal problem they can't survive as the element they drop off for Occupy to adopt, eat them from the inside out. I watched it personally in St Louis and fought against it as best I could....My side lost that debate.

This is tame tactics though, and they've been going on for years. I thought someone might have seen or found cannisters like the Russians used for the Theater Siege years ago. That wouldn't shock me to see deployed with how nasty I fully expect to see this become. Kettle Occupy into a closed space, pop the night-night grenades, and cart out the knocked out for a rude awakening in a jail cell. Yeah, I can see it.... This wasn't drugging tho.

Added: Here is that link: How to make a Successful Occupation

It's actually one of the first threads I ever posted for ATS and is still there to show where I'd been as a 100% supporter to Occupy. Actually, I'd wrote that thread while home, filling my truck with food to head back to Occupy STL with. Occupy COULD have worked..
edit on 3-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

This is the next scandal. The people of that state should be up in arms over this.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
One thing I can make of this is that they collect information on people who do what kind of drugs. Maybe even track these people around town by (facial recognition software) with security cams? Or even some bug they don't know they are carrying. Did you see them put dudes back pack in their trunk?

"We'll hang onto that for you. You can get that back later."

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Strange. Maybe they're just trying to learn, but not sure. Hopefully we can research this more.
edit on 3-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

This is the next scandal. The people of that state should be up in arms over this.

meh... the people weren't forced, the war on drugs is a joke, let them be who they want to be...

The government is not there to protect ourselves from ourselves, the constitution is there to protect us from our governments...

drugs being illegal is a joke, if these officers want to act in accordinance with this.. so be it, unless they forced them to take drugs.

I live in MN, this happened in my backyard... will not be up in arms. it's all disgusting, let the lesser of two evils prevail. Getting high verse police brutality.... drugs.

BTW, I drink about once a month, maybe 2 days in a row on weekends every once in a while. I do not use anything other than tobacco and liquor. So don't go thinking I'm some hippie stoner saying this.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

*guys watch the video, one of the participants said that they knew they were from occupy wall street, and were looking for those type of people*

Uhm...what's surprising about that?

If I was looking for some druggies the first place I'd go is Occupy. They are the largest gathering of druggies in every town they enter. 

Seems legit.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Oh seems totally legit. Groups that dislike police on a site that isn't legit. Totally buying it. Why are the cameras blurred? Caught drugging Occupy folks? Even if the vid is legit they aren't drugging the unwilling. Why must ATS members love occupy so?
No you're right, the police would never do such a dastardly thing, as they are just shining examples of how we all should be and not absolute filthy scum.

And why support occupy? Seems like a good idea to me, get rid of the rot in goverment and rebuild. Unless of course, you're a supporter of corruption and illegal dealings which influence us on a daily basis. Unless you think that the rich should be allowed to do what ever they please, just because they have money. Unless you believe that people don't deserve a goverment who work for them, instead of rule over them. Unless you believe that the polcie should be able to batter and kill who ever they like, for what ever reason they like.

Or, if you're on the side of the people, who are just trying to get by. Just trying to live, under draconian rule. Enforced by backward thinking scum cops who get off on violence and murder. I know whose side I'm on, and it ain't the side of those who want us to bend over and give away all of our freedoms to those who enslave us.

Long live occupy.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Uhm...what's surprising about that?

If I was looking for some druggies the first place I'd go is Occupy. They are the largest gathering of druggies in every town they enter. 

Seems legit.

The largest gathering of druggies are the people being medicated by big pharma, which is almost everyone.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Seems fun, I'd go allong just for sh!ts and giggles. It's not every day that one can get goofed with the help of local authorities... Might have some interesting conversations.

Some may not appreciate my lack of seriousness on the matter but I KNOW that the people of the glorious US of A wont do jack sh!t about it. They just bend over and take it.

Go Team America Go!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

-Why are the cop so worried?

-Why were the people randomely approching the cars even while they were in the traffic and seemingly being able to stop the car and hop in like nothing just happened? AT OCCUPY? Where the cops are armed to the teeth and nervous like chickens in a wolf den??? You think you could get close to a cop cruiser and band in the window just like that multiple times without ending up licking the asphalt???

-If your doing "tobacco" on camera and you know it has the potential of getting on the net or the news and be seen by someone you don't want to... Wouldn't you ask to be watermarked too??? I wouldn't mind smoking "tobacco" on camera... but with the only condition my face is blurred... I smoke "tobacco" because I like it and for stress/sleep not because I'm trying to show off infront of a camera to get attention so does most people that "responsibily" smoke "tobacco"

-Why is one of the cop denying being part of "such activity" yet not denying knowledge about said "activity" since 30 seconds later when they are asked about if there's medical support he answers "Some of the officers on site are EMT trained".

-Why are multiple jurisdiction cops into the same city with different cruisers and cops seemingly operating in the same fashion and been worried when the camera gets close instead of overwheelmingly buff of their chest and gets "the attitude" like pretty much all other videos on the net...

-Why is the officer apparently not knowing # about the program he's into? And what kind of study use a rental "big garage" or "hangar" in the middle of nowhere close to an airport??? Wouldn't it be much safer to bring the test subject at the station where he can be under surveillance along with a safer environment to prevent him to got bat# insane and jump in the first jet turbine he see if he start badtripping?

-Why is the drug provided from evidence bags, for such experience to be approve on a scientifical level or even to be used with plausibility under any circumstances with governmental approval such drug would need to be tested and lab approved as fit and with controled strenght to ensure its not tinted.

-Why your .... so far up you .....
edit on 3-5-2012 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
One thing I can make of this is that they collect information on people who do what kind of drugs. Maybe even track these people around town by (facial recognition software) with security cams? Or even some bug they don't know they are carrying. Did you see them put dudes back pack in their trunk?

"We'll hang onto that for you. You can get that back later."

They didn't ask for names... a couple of the people confirm they didn't ask their information or nothing they were only there to ask some questions about the effects.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I post with extreme skepticism here regarding this; mainly cause anyone can make a video with a few friends and produce results to what they want people to think. It doesn't mean I discount it, just seeing this with healthy discernment -- a quality that is lacking for those that already are so willing to accept anything against the cops and anything against the "occupy" movement.

Those that are in support of the movement will take this video without even bothering applying any type of questioning towards it. So be it and more power to you. Those who see "occupy" as a fad will see it as the opposite -- again, more power to you.

But to proclaim here that this is absolute truth because one has video -- video that could easily be setup, is failing to apply any critical thought and no attempt to deny ignorance.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The guy at the end looked like he had been given more than just pot. I can't believe things like this happen, it is totally unethical on the police's behalf and I imagine it is also dangerous. Can't believe some people defend this crap.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join