It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina pastor retracts statment urging parents to beat the gay and butch out of children

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This thread got stupid real fast...why not focus on the actual topic than attacking other members beliefs (not aimed at anyone in particlar).

BACK TO THE TOPIC ON HAND. I can't blieve people look up to this guy and support him. I say fire him and find someone worthy of doing the job right.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
im surprised hes baptist wasp perception in american christianity is more evangelical from my perspective. what a weird church and whoever hes leading hes leading them into his perversions: outright.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by AQuestion

Dear AQuestion. It is irrelevant what I donate or even whether or not I do - please stop using charity as an argument or excuse for anything, especially in the context of this thread.

I have never stated that I was perfect in any way.

This thread and this discussion is about yet another stupid religious fool who has called for physical violence and hatred and had to back track.

Dear Garfee,

It is quite relevant what you do with your life. If you wish to complain about others, justify yourself. You cannot complain about others if you are the same as them. Call them hypocrites but the bigger question is what should they be doing and that applies to you also. If I do not respect them because they do not help others, how can I respect you if you do not help others? I do not respect "christians" who are self-righteous, how can I respect anyone who is so even if they are non-believers. I don't care if someone is gay, I do care if they are selfish and self-promoting yet do nothing for others. It is not about charity, it is about concern for one for one another. I already called the man a fool, prove to me that you are not. Prove to me that you care about anyone other than yourself before you correct them. Show me that you are better rather than they are worse. Prove to yourself that you are doing right and let us all see so that we can see a better way to be rather than showing us all the excuses for being worse.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

Dear toochaos4u,

Great, what percentage do you give to others, not what total amount, what percentage. Show us that you give at all rather than complain about others. What the heck are you doing?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I don't have to justify myself - I'm not the one telling people to beat their children.

Please stop trying to make this about me.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yeah, it's funny, if this were an atheist telling it's okay to beat Christians for their idiocy, Christians would be whining about how they're victimized by all atheists everywhere. And this thread would reach fifty pages at least.

So where are the Christians attacking this pastor for doing the exact same thing, albeit to non Christians? All I hear is the cheering crowd egging him on. Or silence. Or any attempt to criticize him being deflected as personal tactic in order to try to turn the argument against another person in order to win. These people think they're doing good, but all they're doing is looking like hypocritical fools.

Why is it okay for one group to bully one other group?

It shouldn't be.

Morality should be evenly applied. If it's wrong for one group to bully another, it's wrong for another group to do the same thing.

But of course, it's always different for the larger group. They're always right no matter what, and it's never the same thing because they're always right and fully justified in what they do.

The sad truth is the popular opinion will always attempt to drown out the unpopular opinion, no matter what group.

I really wish that there was no such bullying period and all bullying was frowned upon across the board.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

It is ok. Gays are the new witch in the US for the most part. This is why
I am still working towards moving to another country permanently. The arguments
are tired to me now for the most part. and it seems time to move to a more forward
thinking area. Too many children are victimized these days for nothing more than
being themselves.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

“I apologize to anyone I have unintentionally offended,”

I wonder does this mean he's not apologizing to those he has "intentionally " offended ? After all we know how slippery those fish people get when it comes to manipulating words in debate.

At the end of the day how many actually agree with the loon but keep it to themselves until there is enough in the gang to bolster their confidence enough to go on the attack?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The arguments are tired to me now for the most part. and it seems time to move to a more forward thinking area. Too many children are victimized these days for nothing more than being themselves.

Then more reason for you to stay and help bring about an age of reason freeing the young from the god delusion ?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I put this guy in the same category as Fred Phelps, Harold Camping, and now the idiot in FL saying that the world will end on June 30, 2012. They belong in the category of fanatics, just like the Islamic fanatics, the Jewish fanatics, and all of the other fanatics in the world. It is a small group, but extremely vocal, sometimes I truly do believe that the world would be a better place if all of the fanatics were silenced, and those with some common sense could be heard.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
so... 2 pages in, is the Title accurate?

did he really retract his statement urging parents to beat the gay/butch out of children?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

No, he said that if the gay community is offended he is sorry. He never urged people
not to snap their limp wrist son's hand back and give him a good punch or to reign
in their butch daughters.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Right. He meant what he said. He just reined it in a little because he got called out on it.
I welcome him to put the smack down on me anytime instead of getting children beaten.
It would be an interesting duel between the gay guy and preacher. Who do you think would
win?

I'm leaving because what I want from life is not available in the US and never seemed to
me that I was a legit citizen of this country. I'm raising my niece and would like for us to be
able to jointly take care of her and such and hospital rights, benefits etc. that is not available
here. I'm nearly 40 now and I'm just not going to wait anymore for this country to play catch
up. I was ready for these things when I was 18 and that seems a lifetime ago. Plus I will get
to experience the home of my ancestors. Life is too short you know?

edit on 3/5/12 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I wouldn't mind bumping into this dickhead and seeing if he can beat the gay out of me.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Isnt god the one that murdered all those babies in the old testament?

So... when is it ok to kill infants and children again?... o yeah!, when God says that theres to much skin on their penis's. Thats a real "good book" you got there.

Try not to kill yourself when your idiotic faith crumbles like the childs sandcastle it is.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Isnt god the one that murdered all those babies in the old testament?

So... when is it ok to kill infants and children again?... o yeah!, when God says that theres to much skin on their penis's. Thats a real "good book" you got there.

Try not to kill yourself when your idiotic faith crumbles like the childs sandcastle it is.

Dear Wertdag,

And isn't it great that you add to the idea of love and forgiveness. Isn't it nice that you are hear to bring healing to people? If only loving people like you had been in charge, no, wait, we would have had the same result. Bigots and totalitarians are all the same, restrictive. As for my faith, it will not and cannot crumble. Consider the options. Either we die and it is all over and we never even remember that we were or we die to this world and continue being us (pick a religion for this answer). You will never know if you have won the bet. If you have lost the bet, you will only know that you are alone.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Who says im not already?

Ill be waiting for your magic genie riding a horse ......

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I understand your frustrations, I have posted some lengthy responses regaarding these issues, and issues I went through in my life. Rather than trying to squash my words down I'll provide you with some links to them

My struggles with the changing messages * there is one shocking revelation in this :

Some info regarding the depth of my studies and some of my personal thoughs/questions PT1

Some info regarding the depth of my studies and some of my personal thoughs/questions PT3

The Savage speach and incurred outrage - Points he made that I do agree with, but also issues that Christians guilty of what I agreed with in the first part should be MUCH MORE concerned about PT1

The Savage speach and incurred outrage - Points he made that I do agree with, but also issues that Christians guilty of what I agreed with in the first part should be MUCH MORE concerned about PT2

I do speak out about things that are wrong, but I do so respectfully. That is one thing that is in the bible, Jesus tells his disciples that if one of his brothers (or sisters) slips from the path to help guide them back. This is the best way I know how to do this.

And I feel It is critical to remind them that Christ warned them to beware false prophets who will say they are him returned or speak in his name, and as far as I can see the only way to protect oneself fomr falling under the sway of a false prophet is to read and study for themselves. The bible is not really that hard to understand.

Hope this helps some

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I was going to respectfully respond to his statements and teaching.....which is denying Christ's teaching but they have removed the "contact" link from their site.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

He's a sick, stupid SOB. And other idiots listen to this guy?
Kinda reminds me of what it says in the bible about the blind leading the blind.
I wouldn't let him near my child. Not for a minute.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join