It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku: "If you are against world government you are a terrorist"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outofcontrol
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Ok... and was he referring to new age gaians or to gaian greens?

Seriously, read my above post to try and understand what I mean...

Why didnt he use "radical environmentalist" for instance? That would have done the trick... since hes so good at "being understood by everyone" still you want to believe that he said "terrists"
No, I BELIEVE he said, and meant terrorist. I was just pointing out that "terrists" exist and it is a real word. It was apparently in dispute. IMO, he knew exactly what he was saying with all of it's implications.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

No, of course I didnt correct to "terrorist". I just didnt search for "terra-ist" and google or the dictionary dont correct "terrist" to "terra-ist", but to "terrorist".

So anyone that would have heard the word, would have linked it automatically to "terrorist" and would never get to "terra-ist" as a reasonable explanation.

When you have to think about that many "alternatives" to what he says, even making you think outside the box to come up with something like "terra-ist", thats just not Kaku's style.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Outofcontrol

look, i really don't want to pick a fight, there's enough misery already
if i said something that offended you, accept my apology (i am a lover of irony but this is sincere)

"terrist" is a word that has been in use for quite a while by transhumanists who use it more or less in the way Kaku used it (as far as I can see).

My judgement of Kaku saying "terrist" is not based on the video in the OP only, I heard him using this word on other occasions as well, since this pretty story of him (some other poster raised valid questions about this "classification") is one of the horses Kaku likes to jump.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Michio Kaku only talks about the official version of events. But since he seems to know so much, could that mean that he is a professional debunker? It seems that way, doesn’t it?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

No, I think he meant and said "terrorists" but youre entitled to your opinion.
I believe that if he said "terrists" that he wouldve made sure to make it clear what he said and what it means, at least to him anyway. That way he would avoid confusion.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Ok I've heard enough of this BS .. Michio Kaku is a shill of the Powers That BE ..

Not of Freedom Not of the possible Utopia we can achieve Now !

He is regurgitating the S>O>S that is designed to make us all feel we should just go along with the tyranny .

If Michio Kaku was a great man he would tell the truth .

And his concepts of how a civilization matures are ludicrous .

The fact will come to light in time ..

We have the ability to produce limitless power because it is Everywhere as part of the fabric of the universe .

The tech to do this Has been Suppressed .

Why ? .. To keep you Inline .

I hope We do Liberate Ourselves from this Wretched System .

I hope We Do achieve a World United under One Law for All .

One World Government ... Yes

Just Not The Tyranny They Are Planning for Us .

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
We have a United States of America, why not a United States of the World?

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Have you looked at the US government lately? No thanks.

The United States is still one of the least corrupt Governments in the world!

Originally posted by abeverage Christian's want a One World Government

Originally posted by DarthMuerteOnly with Christ running it.

Where does that leave 3-4 Billion peoples of other faiths? Join or die?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

The United States is still one of the least corrupt Governments in the world!
That is actually pretty sad when you think about it. Our government rapes us daily, but it is one of the "better" governments in the world atm. When you think about that fact, why on earth would you want a one world government?

Originally posted by abeverage Where does that leave 3-4 Billion peoples of other faiths? Join or die?
Actually no. There will be unbelievers alive during the millennium. They will not stand condemned until the final judgement iirc. Though, eventually, yes.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MNnativeamer
It's so funny to hear people talk about one world government on this planet when there has pretty much been constant war. Even a smart guy like this should realize we can never have a one world government if we haven't even achieved world peace. What r they going to do? Force it on us?
One world government, right now, is a bad bad bad idea, especially since the criminals still have control.

I have to agree. Right now each country has ONE government and look at what a mess they are. I wouldn't choose any of them as a template for a one-world government.

If it were to happen we would need a whopper of a Bill of Rights to protect us.

My first thought is, the military's top priority would not be to protect the government from its citizens, but to protect the citizens from a corrupt goverment. I wouldn't know how it would work without it being abused by maniacal military leaders, but we would need SOME kind of protection from the government.

Can anybody think of anything else we'd need?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

This is not a fight mate... its a debate of ideas. If I sounded a bit too harsh I apologize.

Nevertheless the "terrist" concept is a bit... I dont know, looking at the way Kaku usually puts stuff on the table, "terrist" just seems a bit far fetched for him, something off the science and into the conspiracy theory... which by what I've seen of him, he seems a pretty down to earth guy therefore the need to explain complex things in a simple way so people dont think that physicists are the only "species" to speak that weird language.

I dont know... maybe you're right. And if you are, whats the point in using the word "terrist". Whats the hidden agenda behind the use of that particular word, or what does that word actually mean to him?

I still dont get that "kaku is a shill" that people say about him also...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I think he has a point. As of right now we've just got Earth, we don't have sprawling cities on any other planet and our world is split up by countries, with their own governing bodies. Now let's say we can begin to colonise other worlds with relative ease, if we have hundreds of other countries all with their own separate governments all trying to go into space, colonise planets alongside everyone else without pissing someone off, it's gonna be almost impossible. So what do we do? Creating a world government to unify all of us is probably the only logical step. It may no longer be governments per country but governments per world. Perhaps they all report back to a certain organisation back on Earth, like the ... federation if you will
but this is how it might go down. We'd probably have a type of United Nations in space as well. So yeah, I think it's probably the only way to go about things, but it's still a long ways off. Kaku says we're ~100 years away from being Type 1 anyway.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Then I'm a terrorist. As long as there is greed and pride in the world and there is an Oligarchy, I will always be against a one world government.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by imherejusttoread

Originally posted by Panic2k11
The problem is not a world government but on the type of world government.

Why does there have to be a world government? Would you spontaneously combust or something if the state abruptly disappeared from the face of the Earth?

Anyone who thinks that scientific or technological progress like space exploration is impossible without a government needs to read Terence Kealey's book The Economic Laws of Scientific Research.

The dealio is, that in order for the Cubs™ to actually make it to the world series, they must first have a WORLD CLASS stadium....

(I think the cubbies know what's going on. They are positively breaking IN their new bossman.)

As above, so below. Before we leave this world, we MUST HAVE a WORLD GOVERNMENT!

Yeah, more state. I just can't get enough of those open pit chinese executions.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I think that terrorist is the wrong word to use, but I completely agree with what he is saying.

Kaku knows that we eventually will have to form a "one world government" in order to step out into the stars......but some people will be against it even if it is for the best of mankind.

Every nation is free to petition to join the Union, I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is giving up my constitutionally protected rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join