It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wolves need your help

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+95 more 
posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The wolves need your help!!!
Raise awareness by flagging this thread.

When it comes to putting down the BBC I'll always be first in line, but, through gritted teeth I have to say - Thank you BBC for showing this.
You can watch the program by visiting the BBC website. Its in HD too.

It tells the story of a small pack of wolves they have named The Scout Pack because they are bravely making their way back to their homeland, some have already been shot.
It really is a Must Watch program. Its in two parts so make sure you find both of them.

All the pics were taken from the program, I've adjusted some for the purpose of this thread.

Oh joy!!! I've just found them on youtube. Embeded at the bottom of this post.
Also on the BBC site HERE

The red area shows where wolves used to roam...

then the Europeans arrived and millions of wolves were exterminated...

Now the wolves are returning to the land that is rightfully theirs (red = wolf sightings)

However!! People like the man below want to exterminate them again. I'll quote what he said.
"If the devil had an animal its the Canadian wolf"
"We're out to get rid of Canadian wolves"
"We'll take them with dynamite, AR15's, ANYTHING goes when your hunting wolves"

This guy says..
"We'll hunt them"
"We'll Trap them"
"We'll Poison them"

This is what happened the last time people like those two above roamed loose on the land.

I'm sorry for including this image, normally we don't need stuff like this in our heads, but this IS what we'll see again if people like those above get their way.

Why are people like those above so afraid of wolves?
Could it have anything to do with all those childhood stories that feature the BIG BAD WOLF?

The Wolf is an essential part of the environment. Without wolves Deer populations get out of control.
Without wolves the Deer have nothing to fear and do not move about so much. This leads to serious overgrazing until only bare rock is left, only then will they move to another area.
The overgrazing destroys the environment that would normally support many other creatures who nolonger have shelter and food.

A few more clips from the program.
I love the black ones, Isn't he beautiful.

The fantastic Husky team. During the program the camera crew tried howling in an attempt to get the wolves to howl back, they did, but the thing that made me smile was watching the Huskies who also started howling along with the camera crew. You really must watch the program.

One of the wolves howling back at the film crew.

The program is full of fantastic shots like this one. And its all in HD too.

Six months old and very very close to California.

This is the lady behind the research of the wolves. She's five months pregnant and still out there tracking them. If you know her give her a great big hug and a thankyou.

Incase anyone feels inclined to say "but we have to protect our live stock" I say the following.

1. Your correct, you should protect your stock. Use some of the profits you gained from your sales and put up some fences.

2. I fear for the health of the wolves should they eat the meat you have pickled in Monsanto chemicals so please keep your livestock in a secured area so they cannot harm the wolves.

3. Grow crops not live stock. A field of wheat uses ALL the carbon within a meter of the ground in just FIVE MINUTES.

4. Grow crops not live stock and we can FEED THE WORLD.

5. The wolves were here long before you were even born.

To our total shame we don't have a single wolf left in the UK, but you guys have a chance to have these magnificent creatures back on your land. For the sake of the wolves flag this thread. The more people that are aware the less chance those above have of getting their wish to exterminate them.

Several years ago the very cruel SPORT of fox hunting was banned in the uk. As the new laws that prevented fox hunting were making their way through the legal system the MSM suddenly and very loudly filled our lives with an absurd story of a child being attacked while it slept at home in its bedroom by two evil vicious fox's. I say absurd because thats exactly what it was. But it showed just how powerful the hunting brigade are.
Not only did the MSM run this absurd story, they KEPT on running it.
Don't let them get away with it in your country.

To those two ....holes pictured above. I hope you'll wake some night to find this guy standing over you.

Episode 1

Episode 2

edit on 5/2/2012 by maria_stardust because: Changed thread title to reflect content.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

My friend loves wolves...I haven't seen her in forever, and this thread just reminded me of her.

Heartache. >.<

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
As a personal rule I usually don't flag stuff that demands it in the title, BUT I'll make an exception for this. Well done and informative. Certainly something that needs more attention. S&F

ETA: I see you changed the thread title. Now I feel better about breaking my personal rule.

edit on 2-5-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: I've got a lov-e-ly bunch of coconuts, deed-a-lee-dee

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
wow! you put a lot into this post! i live in canada and we don't have a wolf problem were i live.
maybe america can make the canandian wolf extinct like the re d wolf!
people are stupid. next they will kill all the black bears that hang around the dump sites cause stupid human tourists are feeding them doritos! people are stupid! hope the wolves eat them on their way back home!!!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
"Please Flag This Thread" isn't a good title.

Can you change it to something like ... "Save the ... (type of wolf) ... Wolves"? or simply "Save the wolves"?

Grey wolves were completely exterminated in Texas, and now, they import some from Mexico to breed and turn them loose in rural areas (where they get killed again usually).

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I considered that but some people dont care about animals. I hoped with this title most would at least have a look.

I dont care about flags. Mods can take them from my account if they wish. I just want to raise awareness

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Looks like the title was changed anyway. Would have been nice if you could have at least consulted me as I did have my reasons for the title I used.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Next: The Land of the Lost Dinosaurs!

Help bring back the dinos! I've always wanted a pet brontosaurus...and maybe a velociraptor to take care of that barking dog.

Kidding.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Nice thread

I can't add much except to say that yes it is true, without Wolves Deer populations destroy the land.

Wolves are the keystone to a balanced natural state in the areas they roam.

These people shooting Wolves do so because it's cheaper than building a fence, they are doing it out of greed and ignorance.

It has become clear to most scientists that nature is better at managing the land than we are, indeed that nature prefers a balanced symbiotic relationship between species.

I am glad to see Wolves being re-introduced into reserves so they can do their job of limiting Deer numbers as well as other mammals.

While we're at it i would like to see more Bison and Bears.

The American Indians saw it all coming, no wonder they wept for the land.

Cosmic..

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Sorry but after you lose a few big pet dog to them you may not think the same
and I don't let my grand kid play alone either live and let live but
when there on my land they cross the line.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Well said, wish I was more articulate

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wow, great thread OP! Thank you! I am a huge lover of wolves, and glad to see them returning to Oregon. In fact, I have a tat on my arm with "my pack" of wolves representing my family members. I haven't heard of this show, but I will be watching it in depth. Thanks again for the great thread and wonderful pictures!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Hawk,
I'm barely keeping the wolves at bay and now and I'm supposed to help them ? Oh wait, wrong wolves. Ok let me go back over this.

I know there in trouble but aren't we all sport ? I fear that very soon we will have far more to contend with than the wolves do. Just say'in.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
People like that have something wrong inside their heads. They seem to think they are entitled to the deer and elk that the wolves need to survive, and they have survived upon for thousands of years. But do they need them to survive, probably not.....Mostly sport I reckon. Or the fun of killing things. Such ignorance by some people to conclude that they and their profits are more important then the wildlife that they live with on this planet. Wildlife that was there long before us humans came along.

I think people like that are more of a problem then wolves will ever be. EVER!

edit on 2-5-2012 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I like wolves as much as the next wolf liker.

I think a natural animal should be brought back to its natural habitat so it will promote the natural prey (deer) pop. to explode as well (its science when the predatory pop. grows so does the food source) BUT

yes a BUT

I think a season should be allowed on them just like any big game animal like deer. As well as the same predatory rules on them like the coyote. If they are posing a threat to you family or live stock kill em!

I think they should be here and back and I know farmers dont like it but with a season and proper rules it would work just fine!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChachiArcola
Wow, great thread OP! Thank you! I am a huge lover of wolves, and glad to see them returning to Oregon. In fact, I have a tat on my arm with "my pack" of wolves representing my family members. I haven't heard of this show, but I will be watching it in depth. Thanks again for the great thread and wonderful pictures!

The most fascinating program I've seen for ages. Definately worth watching.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

You don't need to be articulate when you have great pics and vids of a good documentary, a picture is worth a thousand words.

That being said i'm sure you are plenty articulate.

Not so hot at starring posts you agree with though.

Cosmic..

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

To embed raw emotion into a thread is no easy task. Every single day I consider the unnecessary suffering inflicted upon animals, plants, earth, humans on the other side of the world, mankind, and ourselves. Your opening post moves me greatly.

I am glad you mentioned livestock, because as I was reading... in the back of my mind that was bubbling too. Great points! And you know what? If wolves lived near my livestock, it would be my responsibility to watch them and protect them. And also, if you KNOW the wolves will kill your livestock and it's nearly unavoidable... why not safely leave the wolves an offering of slaughter trimmings, put on the furthest area of your property? This concept keeps the deer, raccoons, rabbits, birds, and squirrels out of my garden. Maybe some of you see ruthless killers... I see intelligent beings who hunt for food, just as we humans kill for our food.

Your op is so wonderful that I will definitely watch this documentary when I have time. There are so many beings whose survival depends upon us finding balance with ourselves. Balance... such a simplistic concept with such a great impact.

Peace.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

WOW!! we need more people like you.

Peace.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Originally posted by VoidHawk

You don't need to be articulate when you have great pics and vids of a good documentary, a picture is worth a thousand words.

That being said i'm sure you are plenty articulate.

Not so hot at starring posts you agree with though.

Cosmic..

Ok you get a star. Now you flag the thread. Its not for me its for the wolves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join