It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan Soldier Attacks On American, Foreign Troops Underreported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Afghanistan Soldier Attacks On American, Foreign Troops Underreported

www.huffingtonpost.com

The U.S.-led military coalition in Afghanistan is under-reporting the number of times that Afghan soldiers and police open fire on American and other foreign troops.

Officials acknowledge the attacks are a worrisome problem for the U.S. and its military partners ... .

Last week, two U.S. soldiers were wounded when Afghan policemen opened fire on them. The Afghans were quickly killed, and the incident was not reported by the international coalition.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
hosted2.ap.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
AP Breaks Rank; Says US Not Reporting Afghan Attacks on US and NATO Troops

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The MSM is making a concerted effort to keep the facts of the disastrous Obama policy in Afghanistan a secret hidden from the people. At the same time we are negotiating with Taliban troops who kill our soldiers, our "allies" are abetting the insurgents with their own secret attack on our troops.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S.-led military coalition in Afghanistan is under-reporting the number of times that Afghan soldiers and police open fire on American and other foreign troops.

The coalition ... does not report the instances in which an Afghan wounds U.S. or NATO troops or misses his target.

Officials acknowledge the attacks ... as they work increasingly closely with Afghan troops in preparation for handing off security responsibility.

The Associated Press has learned that just last week, two U.S. soldiers were wounded when Afghan policemen opened fire on them. The Afghans were quickly killed, and the incident was not reported by the international coalition.

AP Breaks Rank; Says US Not Reporting Afghan Attacks on US and NATO Troops

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I read about that even in our poorly published local paper, It really comes as no surprise to me and most of us i'm sure, however... It has been obvious within a month of our invasion that despite any intentions we may have or have had for the people of Afghanistan, they have no desire for us to maintain our presence there, especially in light of the slaughter of civilians and the widespread destruction of their cities... The fact that the attacks are underreported can only indicate that the military is trying to send skewed data back home in order to maintain their presence despite overwhelming opposition both at home and in Afghanistan!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Australian soldiers have succumbed to such attacks, with the most recent being 2 (3...? can't remember) soldiers killed and 9 wounded. While there may be instances where they are reported, i believe what this article is stating as it would damage the war effort and the public opinion.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Funny how unpopular yet prevalent war is among "civilized" societies... Its to bad that as the people of the country we have no say in the declaration of new wars, I really believe in a system that allows us as citizens to research and determine when wars ought to be fought to protect our freedom... I really dont think we would be doing much fighting if we really had our own safety in mind!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

At the same time we are negotiating with Taliban troops who kill our soldiers, our "allies" are abetting the insurgents with their own secret attack on our troops.

It all started with Bush, and Obama wanted to go along for the ride. I remember Bush saying this

The meat and potatoes is @ 2:40...Seriously, Pakistan was harboring these terrorist, and we went into Afghanistan? I honestly think these soldiers are from Pakistan not Afghanistan...We are in the wrong country, but it doesn't matter we never declared war anyways, so we might as well just get the hell out...It is obvious we are in Afghanistan for resources, and not the Taliban...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
I honestly think these soldiers are from Pakistan not Afghanistan...We are in the wrong country

The majority of people the coalition is fighting and getting shot by are foreign fighters from the surrounding countries, like Pakistan as you mentioned. This is how the Taliban has been able to keep the fight going this long, the war would've been over long ago if the Tali were just native Afgans. All they have to do is retreat back to the tribal regions of Pakistan, regroup and head back into Afghanistan to cause more trouble.

new topics

top topics

join