It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No-Fly Zone To Be Enforced By Shoot-To-Kill Order During NATO Summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
No-Fly Zone To Be Enforced By Shoot-To-Kill Order During NATO Summit
UPDATED 05/02/12 11:19 a.m. -- CBS Chicago

A no-fly zone with a shoot to kill order will be enforced from May 19 thru May 21.

Don't fly inside a 10 mile radius of downtown below 18,000 feet or else !!

CHICAGO (CBS) — Plans to keep residents and dignitaries safe during the NATO Summit include a no-fly zone, with a shoot-to-kill warning for those who break the ban.

As CBS 2’s Susanna Song reports, the government is informing small plane pilots that if they enter the no-fly zone during the summit, they may be shot down.

FAA Document Warning .. FLIGHT ADVISORY
National Special Security Event
NATO Summit
Chicago, Illinois
May 19-21, 2012

This is no joke. It will be enforced for May 19 to May 21.

The flight advisory was issued by the Federal Aviation Administration. The advisory bans non-commercial aircraft from flying within 10 nautical miles of downtown Chicago and below 18,000 feet.

A nautical mile is about one minute of arc of latitude along any meridian. It amounts to 1,852 meters, or about 1.15078 standard miles.

“The United States Government may use deadly force against the airborne aircraft, if it is determined that the aircraft poses an imminent security threat,” the advisory says. “Be advised that noncompliance with the published (notice to airmen) may result in the use of force.”

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
is this a display by our government to show control over " its " people to the governments of the world. The location this is taking place, the history of our president and this town. it all just screams side show attraction to me.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Never be the one to shoot first in an offensive manner.

There is the line you dont ever cross and dumb#s are crossing it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I;m confused I guess...what is going to happen with all of the business that rely on distributing and receiving goods by air?

And to think they are going to shut down the entire city for I don't even know how long to be honest ATS Thread, but it just seems a little overboard and irrational...

top topics

join