It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man doomed to returning karma, refuses to change

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

I can agree with you there.

However understanding and reaching a new level of mutual ability to work together requires looking past the surface (the words) to see the heart (the intent)... and find where the common ground is. Then smooth out the edges caused by the problems that our inherently limited languages cause. Between different languages and even within the same language but different assumptions, cultural perceptions, etc.

Modern Science and "New Age" philosophy and ancient mythology are just a paper width apart... and that paper is made up of language and cultural assumptions. Nothing more. Remove that barrier and their unification becomes blindingly clear. However both sides are so afraid of admitting the other side wasn't as wrong/different as they originally accused them of being.

Thanks!

edit on 2012/5/2 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12
God created the universe in which he lives. He created us so we could share the universe. Man is supposed to a manifestation of god in the becoming.

Religion is simple different paths to understand God.

Originally posted by prophetboy12
There should not be a difference in religion and spirituality. They should go hand in hand. One should use their religion to reach a point of understanding their spirituality. True or False

Religion that is dogmatized and tries to restrict expression or experience is denying the hand of spirituality. Spirituality which doesn't acknowledge the effectiveness of group ritual is cutting off the hand of religion.

I agree they can go hand in hand, but when they do... they will just be "life" and won't need any additional words to describe them. Much like we don't have a special name for the "rules" and "spirit" of Family Life... it's just your Family Life (dysfunctional or not, heh).

Right now we have the religions of politics, economics, science, and faith... and then we have a re-emerging spirituality that is integrating current experiences of politics, economics, science, and faith (faith being the awareness you don't know everything, but still keep walking forward into the unknown).
edit on 2012/5/2 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Amen Brother. In Many places in the Bible it states that if we will fast, pray, and repent that God will heal our land. I think one place is in the book of Joel.

The point is Cant we forget our differences and agree that we have the solutions to all things and if we don't God does, and we need his help.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

Ergo, I believe that we need both. In my understanding one is in the material plane and the other is the spiritual plane or the etheric plane. We must work them together. We need to manifest the spiritual plane into the material plane and vise a verse. The only way to infuse more spirit is to direct into the material which includes religion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join