It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man doomed to returning karma, refuses to change

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
All of the good books throughout time have stated one simple truth. It has been stated in many ways and examples.

The truth is that our world is falling apart and we will sit on fat ---ess and watch our world disintegrate while we watch some kind of sport. Our country is being taken over and it seems that it is more important to fill a stadium with thousands of people than get off the couches and vote.

Sports is totally distracting us from the important things happening to ourselves and our country.

The entertainment industry is driving our values into the depths of hell and nobody cares. Sit down in the evening and watch any number of shows showing dead bodies laying in the street, or lying opened up on a table. Why do people think that all this stuff is out in full view?

Our economy is not going to come back because of an ignorant and rebellious people. If we don't return to God's laws our economy, our nation, and our world, will disintegrate.

The time is very short. By the time that June gets here the world will be in so much turmoil, it will be almost impossible to stop it.

We have and know the solutions, we just refuse to do what is right. If we did the right thing we wouldn't have to have all the regulations for everything. Just like if your kids obey they get more freedom and if they disobey then they have that freedom taken away from us.

If we change our ways, fast, repent, and pray we can change the world. Try it. If you see something wrong on TV that is happening in the world, right then, get down on your knees and pray to God to change it. A world full of believing praying people can change the world. Either we bend the knee and accept God's Commandments or he will force us to our knees through loss that we created.

Either we Trust in God or we don't.

The last quadrant of the year, God takes his hand away and lets the full force of karma descend.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
That will never happen. Religion is on the way out friend.

Evolve with the rest of us.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Wow so you are saying that we should get on our knees and pray to God to change it all? well haven't you lot been doing that for at least a few hundred years already? and God hasn't done much eh?

Heck fella why the doom and gloom? Yes there are problems on our planet but give humanity some credit why don't you, we are amazing, wonderful intelligent creature's and Iam sure if God exists he/she/it would be proud of what we have achieved.

How about instead of getting on our knees and asking him/she/it to help we do it ourselves?
Trust in God? nah he/she/it hasn't done much so far why not change it to In Humanity we trust? I bet the world would be a better place if we did that

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
All of the things you describe are done by men.
The economy.
The media.
Government.
War, Famine, Death, Destruction.

Follow the money and you find the men responsible (hint: central banks)
Praying to god won't solve our issues,
We have to do it ourselves, and that is happening all over the world. There are over 1 million activist groups in the world. People are saying NO to GMO. And free energy is being suppressed by the 'men responsible'.

We have the innovation, the technology, and the spirituality to fling us into the next age, and MEN keep holding us back. While i respect your beliefs and all of that, action is what is required. not praying.

That is why i am of the stance that humans are god. We can create life. We can create everything we need. We can create change. All it takes is one person to begin change.
edit on 2/5/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Jefferton, We will see who's in charge. Your arrogance will be your undoing.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Azure, That is what I am trying to do.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12
reply to post by AzureSky

Azure, That is what I am trying to do.

So falling to your knees and praying is going to help you do it? If I were you I would get off your knees and use your brain/body to help sort out the bad things on the planet, heck even talk to people about it because Iam 100% sure that that will be more productive than just praying.
(Just don't mention to folk that you also think that falling to your knees and praying will make everything alright with the world)

If your God is real I'am sure he would want US to sort ourselves out and not to relie on him to sort out everything.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm not to sure what God has to do with the economy, whats God got to do with money? Mind you, I do see many a preacher on the TV claiming God will reward the faithful by awarding vast monetary wealth and personal/business success and a direct ticket to heaven to anyone who follows said preachers mission. Seems many a fool and their money are easily parted. Sounds like selling your soul to the devil to me.

For the record I don't really give a hoot about any sport. I accept it as a small but necessary diversion to all the doom and gloom, karma or not I don't expect anyone to eat the worlds woes, for breakfast, lunch and dinner nor reflect, pain or feel guilt constantly for the ills of the world.

A prophet indeed....It sounds like you ate a Catholic and a Buddhist and regurgitated some putrid mix of the two.

There has and shall always be doers who go out of their way en-mass to fight against what is wrong with their world, then as now we must accept it's not realistic for everyone to get out there and get stuck in. People have their children to raise, mothers and fathers are struggling to keep a roof over their heads. Whilst some will and have made the History books by daring to poke their heads above the parapet, others are mindful that in doing so, it's usually shot off. What seem's to be occurring and should is another Peasants revolt, but still even Wat Tyler got run through for it. Did Boadicea pray to your God when she and others sprang into action?. Did she worry about Karma? She didn't drag the whole of the Britannia with her either. No god or Karma should get in the way of giving someone who needs it a good old kick in the balls.

edit on 2-5-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It amazes me that Christians seem to relish the end of the world, they are always going on about it followed by threats like "Repent and accept Jesus or we are all doomed" I guess its because of the book of Revelations and what it says in there.
But what scares me is that some of the people in power are big believers in it too, and they may actively seek the end of days because it will prove to everyone that they are right.

Imagine a few hours before the end of the world (If we all knew it was coming) the Internet would be full of Christians happy that they were right..

But it will not happen I believe in Mankind and I believe things may change for the worse but we as humans will make changes for the better.

Viva la Humans

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12

Nah I'll be just fine. Thanks.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Can you tie God, good,country, gold, prosperity,freedom, creation, and freewill together?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

God has a lot more power than we do. Because of freewill he needs our witness. We are at the end of an age and the karma for 25,800 years is coming due. Just because we are the potential to be god, doesn't mean that we have become the fullness of God. That is why we have angels to help us.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Why?, I can tie my own shoe laces, scratch my arse, string a bow and rejoice in what humans are capable of when they aren't on their knee's in servitude to some God, or worrying themselves to death over being served the weight of humanities worth of karma.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
That will never happen. Religion is on the way out friend.

Religion is on the way out... Spirituality is on the way back in friend.

Regardless of whether you want to call spirit "consciousness" instead doesn't matter, they are just words to describe the same "thing". The primacy of Consciousness... beyond our narrow band of it... is re-emerging in our neck of the woods.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

I agree with you, maybe thats why he is falling to his knees to pray this doesn't happen, Religion Vs Spirituality maybe time to pick sides because I know one of those will actively fight the other (guess which)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Why?, I can tie my own shoe laces, scratch my arse, string a bow and rejoice in what humans are capable of when they aren't on their knee's in servitude to some God, or worrying themselves to death over being served the weight of humanities worth of karma.

Change the word "God" to "The Universe" and then ask yourself if you can rejoice in what humans are capable of without giving credit to that which "created" you. You've been hoodwinked by language trickery to prevent people from remembering from whence they came. You do nothing without utilizing The Universe's inherent power and "gifts" it has "given" you.

Servitude doesn't mean slavery unless you choose to make yourself a slave. I serve myself, I serve my friends, I serve my lover, I serve my family. I serve The Universe because I love The Universe and everything it has given me.

I generate "karma"... aka "momentum" through my actions with the people I serve ("enemy" and "friend" alike). If I hurt a family member, I create momentum for myself that will have to be dealt with later. The same holds true in every facet of our experiences. Our experiences, feelings, thoughts, etc create a momentum. Karma is just another word swap for momentum. True Karma teachings tell you that you can cease your Karma in an instant just with a change of your mind/perspective/attitude.

Stop letting people control you with arbitrary words and get to the *heart* of their meanings that exist beyond whatever word people choose to use.

Do you honestly believe you are more intelligent and conscious than the Universe?

Namaste.
edit on 2012/5/2 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Ergo, karma is not the same as momentum. A momentum in the wrong direction is a negative momentum. A momentum heading towards a cliff is not the same as going over the cliff. Not seeing the cliff coming is karma. Or I should say ignorance, ignoring the cliff.

God created the universe in which he lives. He created us so we could share the universe. Man is supposed to a manifestation of god in the becoming.

Religion is simple different paths to understand God.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

There should not be a difference in religion and spirituality. They should go hand in hand. One should use their religion to reach a point of understanding their spirituality. True or False

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I might say the same thing to you.
Why should I give credit to the obvious here or to anyone when I have breathed my own personal quiet reverence since I was born, until I die and quietly after when my shell goes back to where it belongs to bring new life or simply as the whispering of the wind. I have no fear of karma just simple respect and thought for those around me, I may at times fail, but I am human. Every action has a reaction it's simple enough without giving it some mystical tag or bigging it up.

I really can't disagree with you, we are on the same page in many respects. My quibble with the OP is that we should all fall to our knee's in praise of someone else's idea of God or that we should all be punished for all of humanities bad Karma. I'm not having any of it, nor am I concerned about vibrating or transcending to higher frequencies or anything other than concentrating on the here, now and making the most of what part of the Universe I was born to be and shall die as.

I don't ask people to bend to my ways, why should I be told by some self proclaimed prophet or likewise adhere to someone else's "enlightened" ideas of a New Age, Neo Pagan, Pantheist mish mash claptrap, I already have my own.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

From Ephesians 6
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things:

Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.

Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join