It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana State Represenative Doesn't Want Veterans Because They Are Sick, And Screwed Up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Found this video posted today and it just makes me sick that people vote in people like this. I can not find a google/youtube video so I can not imbed it here. I really hope that you will visit the link and watch it. It is only a two minute clip so it is a short watch. Please watch it. I hope it will sicken some of you as it has done to me.

Link To Video

I will keep checking youtube tonight to see if I can find it and post it here.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Now let's hope the good people of Louisiana vote this stupid punk out of office. This kind of thinking is counterproductive to helping our veterans.

Does he even realize the hole he is digging for his reputation by openly saying stuff like this?

Not only is he morally bankrupt, he is stupid as hell.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

What the - is this one of those highschool kids that went door to door and somehow pulled off an amazing defeat to win a seat? He sounds like he has the mental capacity of child. What a twerp.

CJ

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Actually, I took this to mean, unless you can provide for Louisiana veterans' needs, don't invite more veterans to the state. There are already 5o,ooo post-9/11 vets in LA, and while employment is good, homelessness is a problem.

Carson admits it will be difficult to get the returning veterans — about 51,000 veterans in Louisiana served in Iraq or Afghanistan — all their benefits.

“It’s not a perfect system by any means,” Carson said, noting that Louisiana has more than 300,000 veterans. “That’s a big service area. But we’ve come a long, long way,” he said.

He noted that veterans have been alerting the Baton Rouge Vet Center about former unit members committing suicide.

Louisiana veterans face challenges readjusting to life after combat

Even the LDVA recently spoke about the lack ofservices:

“As Secretary of the Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs, I am extremely disappointed to learn of delays to the Lafayette and Lake Charles VA health care clinics. I will be speaking with U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki very soon to convey to him the importance of these clinics to my fellow Louisiana Veterans with the hope of instilling in him a sense of urgency in continuing to move these projects forward rather than backwards.”

source

I can think of a veteran who could take advantage of studying in LA with in-state tuition, but could he expect the same level of care for his medical problems as he has here? That would be a major consideration for a move.

top topics

join