It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an Area 51 type facility near you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It has just recently been brought to my attention that Smith island, just west of Whidbey Island, in the Puget Sound near Seattle, is heavily guarded by armed military in zodiacs. Why would a tiny island that is supposedly used as a lighthouse and salmon recovery need armed guards to keep people away? Does anyone have any insight into this facility or have one like this near you?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
n/a but I do like mountains
soppys

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I don't personally know but I will tell you a little story..

A few miles from my home is a "wild life refuge"..now you have to have a sticker to enter the refuge or they WILL ticket you...so needless to say, I hardly ever go in because I don't have a sticker. (I have been in through there many times when they have "open" to the public day..trying to get people to buy their stickers)..

My cousin an avid hunter and fisher does have a sticker and goes there quite often to fish. There are nice trails and what not but parts of this forested area is blocked off with large chainlinked fencing with razor blade wire at the top. My cousin said one time when he was out there fishing he spied a rabbit walking past and sat and watched this rabbit go through a tiny gap in the fence..within minutes he said a large black SUV pulled up along with a green rangers truck. My cousin said he was just enough in the brush that the trucks didn't see him or question him but he wonders to this day what they have going on behind that fence that even a rabbit is detected..he said after they left he took a good look at the fence and didn't see any kinds of cameras or lines that would have triggered the rabbit entering the fence???

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ilikestarz

Smith Island looks very small. Looks like a couple houses, an antenna, and some sort of odd 16-panel array.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Thanks Neopan100, What is the name of the refuge? Have you ever done any research on this site?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

From what i understand, there is more to it than what is shown on the map. This wouldn't surprise me, seeing as how google maps has been know to alter sky photos of other facilities. Whether or not the photos are altered, why would it be so heavily guarded?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

crab orchard wildlife refuge...and no I have never looked into it...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
www.fws.gov...

Crab Orchard National Refuge---Apparently there were bases used in the production of explosives for the military during WW2 and they are still in use today Also it says that some of the buildings are leased to private companies to store "many types of products"

Seems a little odd to me but it looks like part of the refuge is used for military weapons production and private company storage...
edit on 1-5-2012 by Shagga because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2012 by Shagga because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
That Crab Orchard place sounds kinda cool. I looked into it and all I really see is wooded land. Probably not hard to hide a secret alien base in such a woods.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Growing up near Aberdeen Proving Grounds and EPG, an extension of APG (known for mustard gas.) I got to see the Ordnance Museum and even fish with my Grandfather; even catching huge catfish. Always there was another fence.

When I joined the military it was referred to as 'behind the gate.' I was doing a force protection exercise at APG although not stationed there we went behind the gate, within 150' there is another gate, but it struck me odd that there was an inflatable dome on the North Side of APG. Just struck me odd. And I have been to EPG, everyone knows you can't even stick a fork in the ground without EOD clearing it first.

29INFDIV

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The only thing close to me is a Joint Reserve base and Lockheed's test facility where they are testing the joint strike fighter. They fly over my house every day with regards to that.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Quit bein so nosey

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Not that I know of. Just Barksdale Air Force Base.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The nearest one is actually about a 5-6 hour drive. (An airforce base) Rumour has it there is an underground Reptilian base there

edit on 2-6-2012 by smilesmcgee because: (no reason given)

top topics

join