It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonardo Da Vincis SECRET drawings revealed, PURE GENIUS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Some of Leonardo's unseen drawings have been revealed and it shows how much of a genius this man was. He has been likened to a universal genius, and is credited with the highest IQ ever.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I have taken anatomy and physiology classes and this man is just amazing, he did these all on his own with no internet to look up things. I do not understand why the queen kept these genius drawings hidden.
Click link for more Images, absolutely stunning and marvelous!
edit on 103131p://5America/ChicagoTue, 01 May 2012 10:11:40 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

edit on 103131p://5America/ChicagoTue, 01 May 2012 10:11:57 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
really cool post!!! been a fan of davinci since i was 10!
i think i read somewhere he would pay for cadavers so he could study them (or was that Nostradamus?)
he was truly ahead of his time!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Wow, those are amazing. Too bad the Royal Trust felt the need to keep these locked up all these centuries, imagine how many potential anatomists might have been inspired by DaVinci to delve even deeper into the workings of the human body? It's a shame there was no society or school to carry on DaVinci's work after his death, instead his work was a singular achievement for the elites and church to lock away.

S+F

+3 more 
posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I believe his works were hidden because the only way to get the knowledge he had of the muscles and tissues and bones was to actually do autopsies and I believe that was illegal. So he was basically a grave robber or connected to someone who was to get the bodies to work with. That being too taboo, the results there-of were "buried" so to speak. Thanks op.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

But to be hidden, still do this day? That is unacceptable.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

He didn't rob graves and it was not illegal to perform dissections or anatomical studies in his day. He used cadavers of convicted criminals. Da Vinci had a lot of company in his day, Andreas Vesalius also dissected human cadavers and published a book of his anatomical drawings, De Humani Corporis Fabrica, which is considered the start of modern anatomy. So it doesn't make a lot of sense the Da Vinci's drawings were kept in secret.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Wow, those are amazing. Too bad the Royal Trust felt the need to keep these locked up all these centuries, imagine how many potential anatomists might have been inspired by DaVinci to delve even deeper into the workings of the human body? It's a shame there was no society or school to carry on DaVinci's work after his death, instead his work was a singular achievement for the elites and church to lock away.

S+F

You hide things like this because back then didn't they burn people at the stake for doing basically anything scientific? And the pope in some ways was more powerful than the royals back then because everyone feared God.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I loved his mirrored writing.

I also like the secrets revealed in his paintings when mirroring the images. He was a very cool man trying to impart universal knowledge onto us all.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think on Ancient Aliens they discussed Leonardo Da Vinci and said he was asked by the Vatican Of Rome to dissect and draw the human anatomy drawings in their church basement. They supplied the bodies. He wrote comments backwards to hide his personal thoughts from the preists. The writing is revealed with a mirror. They also claimed on their show he was abducted by aliens for a few years he was missing from the planet... It was a facinating program this past 4th season of Ancient Aliens.
edit on 1-5-2012 by frugal because: spelling error

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

If any one is interested in checking out some of his paintings through mirrors, check out this link;

Da Vinci's World - Through Mirrors

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
ugh i always hear mixed stories, from my understanding autopsies were taboo and you could get blown up by the church hence all the secrecy.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuturePeace
ugh i always hear mixed stories, from my understanding autopsies were taboo and you could get blown up by the church hence all the secrecy.

In all matters regarding the church there is the "approved" and all the rest. Their agenda is the hidden agenda, so what is seen and unseen is related to their long term agenda - VERY long term. According to Zorgon's diligent research (and others it is just he's posted here extensively on the topic) the Church/Vatican owns all the space related information and vetts it all before it is released. Some is released, much is not, but to understand why some is and some is not from our limited pov is impossible. Leonardo no doubt walked a very fine line in his life, a member of various societies he no doubt experienced conflicting agendas and survived in a time when "art" required patronage and social skill.

They're plans are not for the betterment of society, to expand the lives and consciousness of all on earth, to open up the real truth for everyone to experience: their lord and savior has been an excuse for killing billions over the church's lifetime, so their agenda is clearly not the same as ours.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

But to be hidden, still do this day? That is unacceptable.

If your on ATS then you have a idea on how the world works...
Their is information I would much rather have then this. But I agree its unacceptable, selfish to hide such amazing knowledge from the masses.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I thought he chopped up dead bodies and that's how he knew of the anatomy. He was a strange fellow obsessed with the human body. I went to his exhibit tour and most of his work was the human body and his sketches of body parts. It was a bit creepy. It made me wonder if he was a serial killer. The experience was disturbing to me.

edit on 1-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
They weren't secret.. at least not in modern time.. they were secret in HIS time absolutely .. because he was performing autopsies in the crypts below the vatican .. which was expressly forbidden..

He used letter writing to try to obfuscate his writings.. but these have been known for a very long time.

I saw a documentary on these years ago.. very good stuff

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

He didn't rob graves and it was not illegal to perform dissections or anatomical studies in his day. He used cadavers of convicted criminals. Da Vinci had a lot of company in his day, Andreas Vesalius also dissected human cadavers and published a book of his anatomical drawings, De Humani Corporis Fabrica, which is considered the start of modern anatomy. So it doesn't make a lot of sense the Da Vinci's drawings were kept in secret.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

It was not "illegal" .. but it was forbidden by the church and he did his dissections ON church grounds ( below the vatican ) .. so yes, that was a big no no .. He was at the Vatican because he was commissioned to do work for the church.. he had to hide his work as a result.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
He was way ahead of his time. Fascinating when you learn he was more than a painter and so much more.

I have just been on a trrip to paris where I got to see the mona lisa. I have a couple of interesting pics I could upload if someone could tell me how?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I don't think it was so much an obsession with body parts themselves. I think that he looked at the underlying detail in absolutely everything, that's why his paintings are so good.

Also, from what I've read about DaVinci and art in general, it seems that if an artist can see what's underneath the skin and see which muscle pulls which body part etc and how the body actually works, it somehow enhances the painting and makes it more realistic. An expert artist ( which I'm not ) would make a much better job of explaining the ins and outs of that aspect of his work.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Leonardo Da Vinci was a bastard - Yes you heard that right - a real bastard
Born out of wedlock and so received no formal education

Religion creates bastards of those who do not abide by their rules of having a sex licence from the Church
Yes Leonardo Da Vinci was a bastard

He said - He was grateful to have not received a formal education because it meant he had to "Think for himself"
What a genius bastard he was

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

probobly because the guys spent cutting up dead bodies.....

When everyone in your kingdom depends on god for everything they need... what good is knowledge or discovery?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join