It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

42 years later... [MAD]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
”Tell us what happened next grandpa!”, said the little girl. ”Did you open your window and scream too? ”. The old man sighed with a blank and lifeless stare to the floor. He replied, ”Yes. I don’t know what got into me, I don’t know what got into everyone... It was the day it all changed, the day society thought their voice mattered.”

”I really shouldn’t continue talking, it’s dangerous for both you and me, but I think you deserve to know. But do not under any circumstances speak of this to anyone! Including your supervisors, they can’t be trusted!”

The two children nodded, obviously aware that their grandfather was serious.

”You know children, what started that day is the reason we only get to see you once every three years. Things were different, very different before GovCorp took over. You could’ve lived at home with your mom and dad, gone to school and played outside with your friends on sunny days.”

The look on the two childrens faces were that of disbelief, almost unable to understand the concept of what he was talking about. The concept of freedom.

”I don’t expect you to understand, I hope to god one day you will! It’s just important that you hear this. Oh dear.. I almost forgot! I managed to sneak something past security, your mother wanted you to see it.”

The old man got up from his chair and slowly walked toward his jacket that was hanging beside the door. The two children looked at each other, and the boy whispered to the little girl ever so gently, ”He’s lying, I’m gonna tell”. The girl replied ”No don’t! They’ll make him disappear! One of the older kids said his uncle...”

The boy got up and ran towards the door and pushed the emergency button on the panel. The old man didn’t get a chance to react before a group of people rushed in and grabbed him. One of the men said ”Don’t think for a second that we didn’t know what you were up to, we’ve been listening to what you’ve been saying to our kids. You know what this means, don’t you?” The old man trembled in fear knowing the consequences of what he had done.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Very Nice.

A Draconian feel.....

S&F

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It has indeed! Thank you very much

edit on 1/5/12 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

I like it .

S+F my friend and good luck.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Thank you, good sir. Same to you, if you elect to participate.

top topics

join