It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian banks got $114B 'bailout' during recession

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

A reporter on CBC at noon reported from Bay Street that the banks have as of today requested a second bailout. Sorry, am feeling too ill tonight to be able to look up the reference.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I'd like to see the source for that claim sick or not (I couldn't find it anywhere)

You guys ever stop and wonder why this report came out on Monday....The day before May Day?

Another article on the initial report here;

Bank bailout claim pure propaganda

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
And to be clear, I'm not emotional. I'm merely saying I am looking at the numbers, including the numbers which show US Bailout money going to Canadian banks, and I see that totally contradicts the government's claims that Canadian banks were solid.

So when i dont take the word of Flaherty as gospel, you can understand why.

Unless you have the banks internal documents that prove otherwise, I wouldn't be worried.

Our banks in Canada are no longer banks as much as umbrella companies that own, and retain, the banks and their names.

These corporations were well within their rights to accept bailout funds in the US for their US holdings. This doesn't mean that any Canadian bank is in trouble, but one of their other subsidiaries may be.

This right here is what is clouding the situation. We have numbers that may or may not be accurate and may or may not be attributed to the correct subsidiary.

All in all, someone is blowing smoke up the collective public behinds to push an agenda, and that someone's name makes me think of rat burgers.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
while you all were bitching about the average citizen being on govt dole, the banks were quietly breaking records of the highest paid welfare checks in the history of our planet.

abolish money. start from scratch.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie

I'd like to see the source for that claim sick or not (I couldn't find it anywhere)

Hey, thanks for the compassion and tact dude.

Feeling ok today, I did a search but was unable to find it. Sorry.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Relax...you obviously had the energy initially to be on your computer and make posts on ATS...why not provide a source for your claim while you were at it...just saying.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
This doesn't mean that any Canadian bank is in trouble, but one of their other subsidiaries may be.

No, what it means is Flaherty and Harper and several others have been lying for years when they said that Canadian Banks received no bailouts and were sound.

I get that there are people like you who will deny this report and it's actual data because Flaherty says it's 'conspiracy theory', but until he discloses his own numbers to prove the report wrong, Im going to stick with the actual data available.

But feel free to repeat the Harper line verbatim. It just exposes your own agenda.

<< 1   >>

join