It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Olympics: Missiles on rooftops and secret underground bunkers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hey all, I found some information stating that some people in london received letters from the defense ministry informing them that Missiles will be placed ontop their roof. Likewise, a small group of about 10 soldiers would be present as well. One article states that it is: Residents in the private, gated flats in Bow, east London
Residents are being told that these would be fired as a last resort.

The reason they are told that it/these will be in place is to prevent terrorism at the upcomming olympics.

Recently, various 'terrorism' related news has been springing up and new discoveries are being made
www.independent.co.uk...

Thus far I have not found anything that stands out that would require these sorts of measures to be taken. Has anyone else heard of this?

Here are my sources:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

rt.com...

uk.reuters.com...

www.usatoday.com...

Among that, I found some rumors of an underground base of operations for this as well and was interested in that. I did some research and found some denied claims and some confirmed ones. In searching that, I also found that Scotland Yard’s CO19 wing will be present armed with pistols and night vision.
www.london24.com...

That article also confirms the bunker.

www.wyndhamgrandlondon.co.uk...
It appears that this will be handled on the Thames River, where they may be deployed from this bunker to respond to any terror.

www.telegraph.co.uk... is stating that they may respond both via land and air, and will be observing via air for any threats in addition to ground troops that will be present.

I was interested in what kind of training has been taking place. I could not find much on evacuation plans as of yet.

travel.usatoday.com... Discusses that london hotels are training their staff in identifying terrorists / suspects to prevent any events. Likely they will be able to report this so that a terrorist suspect may be investigated / detained.

presstv.com...
States that " 23,000 guards will be watching the games venues as the world sports spotlight turns to London between July 27 and August 12, while another 13,000 soldiers will hit the streets."

www.washingtonpost.com...
Is stating that local food vendors will also be trained in detecting and reporting terrorist suspects. In the next article of the same topic, it is confirmed to be held by the Metropolitan Police and Westminister Council.

www.guardian.co.uk...

There has been a £600 million budget put into place to 'keep the games safe'. I feel a lot of this is unnessicary and a waste of the locals money. I do not know what I would do if someone set up missiles ontop my residence. I am researching now what kind of detainment plans are in place. They even have the local food vendors keeping an eye out.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I think time is running out for all of us and the S is about to HTF.

Something big is going to happen either at the NATO summit the G8 summit or at the summer games.

If you can I would stay away from any of those events!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
When underground bunkers start getting constructed for a base of operations, i think millitary action and not terrorist prevention. It seems unreal when I hear about it.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Im pretty sure that London is already littered with military bunkers anyhow, however im sure the Olympics have given the army enough reason to repair/build more. As for weapons being placed on top of buildings i am slightly surprised. I dont think they'll use the olympics for a 2nd terrorist attack. And by they i mean TPTB.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Im pretty sure that London is already littered with military bunkers anyhow, however im sure the Olympics have given the army enough reason to repair/build more. As for weapons being placed on top of buildings i am slightly surprised. I dont think they'll use the olympics for a 2nd terrorist attack. And by they i mean TPTB.
I don't expect any false flags at this event. Since it is such a public event, I feel like they are trying to normalize great millitary presence and with so many viewers this is a great oppertunity.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
fired as a last resort from what....hmmmm only 4 more days

join