It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supporters ARE voting for Romney... bet you can guess why

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
So i was talking to my parents the other day about voting on the 8th of May here in Indiana. I told them that I was voting for Ron Paul, and they said this to me.

"Well you should do what we are doing, and vote for Romney since it assures an Obama victory in November."

Sadly they are right about that, because if Romney wins the Election and Ron Paul goes independent, then the media will once again completely ignore the Ron Paul and only pay attention to Romney and Obama as they did in the last election.

This will cause many people who would normally vote for a candidate like Ron Paul to vote for Obama just to keep Romney out of office.

My parents also admitted that Ron Paul is the only candidate they feel could even come close to beating Obama and that scares them.

any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If Ron Paul switches to an Independent ticket his GOP delegates will follow him. Romney doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of beating Obama.

This thing still isn't over. Talk some sense into your parents so they don't throw their votes away on one of these establishment clowns. =]

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Voting is kinda stupid, my only thought on the issue is that maybe Ron Paul will get over himself and come to Canada. Then we can also not vote him into office here!

Okay, seriously if you're worried about the election just remember that Americans don't like to switch Presidents in times of war, the War on Drugs is probably enough to keep Ron Paul out of office; the War on Terror just confirms that the American populous is unlikely to switch the tracks of their two party system due to the idea of not looking soft against criminal activities.

Obamas second term is basically assured since two-term presidents have been kinda 'Normal' lately, with the exception of G HW Bush who was riding the coat tails of Reagen it seems. The American populous probably will not flip back to Republican after only one term by Obama.

I don't know if Ron Paul can wait till 2016 to have a chance to beat Hillary. :p

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
LOL, I have tried this many times.

They believe all of the propaganda heard on the news.

lets see, I've heard:
"I don't like Ron Paul's war policies, Iran is evil"
"It has nothing to do with losing freedom, it is for our safety"
"Obama is trying, it's the GOP that keep him from doing what he wants"
"don't believe those conspiracies"
"Obama is the only chance we have"
blah blah blah..........

The funniest thing is, I will tell them something I have learned here on ATS, and they will argue with me until they turn blue, then 3 to 6 months later, they will tell me the exact same thing because they read it in some book or heard it on the news or whatever. And then they will try and teach me what they learned.

They are blind in their political views, as they can not see past the smooth talking guy type.

The only comfort I have is that they lost a little respect for Obama after he first opposed NDAA and then renigged on that promise.

but I still heard "we don't like it, but maybe he know's something we don't. I trust him".

edit on 30-4-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is just my opinion, but if ron paul does as I think he will and go independent even though he said clearly here that he won't at the 3:50 mark ( www.liveleak.com... ) then to me that's a sign that he's in the obama camp, because he knows as well as anybody else that a third party will draw votes away from Mr. Romney and asure a victory for obama.
Do we need a third party? H yeah, but not now, our main goal now should be to get obama out of office while we can still salvage this country, then we can bring in a third party.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I will also add that the media's lies have gotten to my father inlaw as well.

See he's a retired Vet and is disabled. He seems to think that "Ron Paul" is against the military.

What he doesn't understand is that Ron Paul is for the Military and safety of this country more than any other candidate. He just thinks it's safer for our country to have the military defend our country's land instead of pre-emptive unconstitutional attacks on other countries that lead them to get pissed and send "terrorists" over here and bomb us while all our troops are abroad.

why? because the media doesn't mention it.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

I beg to differ on that one.

Just as many, if not more Democratic voters will be voting for Ron Paul.

These Ron Paul supporters are the same type people that were so enthusiastic about Obama in the last election.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Obama is losing the swing voters that threw him a bone in 2008 and he is also alienating voter groups with the hope that he will actually gain enough of another group to offset the loss.

That being said, Obama launches a new slogan called "Forward". Hmmm. From failed hope and no change to "Forward" Forward with his Agenda???

The video tries to make the case for Obama's re-election by saying there is still more work to do going forward.

So, never mind his failed first term.... You must move forward because Obama has more work to do... When he has not done any work up until now. Just 3 years of Campaigning and stumping and populist rants...

cnsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Obama's Fails. Promised us allot. Did none of it. No he can't.
These are his fails, our fails, we all failed. He doesnt deserve the dirt from my shoes. Dont vote for a liar.

www.politifact.com...

Direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to conduct a comprehensive study of federal cancer initiatives

Double federal funding for cancer research

Appoint federal-level coordinator to oversee all federal autism efforts

Allow Medicare to negotiate for cheaper drug prices

Prevent drug companies from blocking generic drugs

Allow imported prescription drugs

Allow workers to claim more in unpaid wages and benefits in bankruptcy court

Forbid companies in bankruptcy from giving executives bonuses

Sign the Employee Free Choice Act, making it easier for workers to unionize

Phase out exemptions and deductions for higher earners

Repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes

End no-bid contracts above $25,000

End income tax for seniors making less than $50,000

Require automatic enrollment in IRA plans

Require automatic enrollment in 401(k) plans

Create a mortgage interest tax credit for non-itemizers

Provide option for a pre-filled-out tax form

Create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners

Expand the child and dependent care credit

Increase the capital gains and dividends taxes for higher-income taxpayers

Provide the CDC $50 million in new funding to determine the most effective approaches for cancer patient care

Fully fund the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)

Create a National Commission on People with Disabilities, Employment, and Social Security

Change federal rules so small businesses owned by people with disabilities can get preferential treatment for federal contracts.

Reduce the threshhold for the Family and Medical Leave Act from companies with 50 employees to companies with 25 employees

Provide a $1.5 billion fund to help states launch programs for paid family and medical leave

Require employers to provide seven paid sick days per year

Expand the Family Medical Leave Act to include leave for domestic violence or sexual assault

Form international group to help Iraq refugees

Work with Russia to move nuclear weapons off hair-trigger alert

Close the Guantanamo Bay Detention Center

Develop an alternative to President Bush's Military Commissions Act on handling detainees

Secure ratification of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT)

Seek to negotiate a political agreement on Cyprus

Reinstate special envoy for the Americas

Double the Peace Corps

Create a public "Contracts and Influence" database

Allow five days of public comment before signing bills

Tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists and former officials

Double funding for afterschool programs

Expand the Employment Non-Discrimination Act to include sexual orientation and gender identity

Urge states to treat same-sex couples with full equality in their family and adoption laws

Allow bankruptcy judges to modify terms of a home mortgage

Increase the minimum wage to $9.50 an hour

Restore Superfund program so that polluters pay for clean-ups

Re-establish the National Aeronautics and Space Council

Support human mission to moon by 2020

Pay for the national service plan without increasing the deficit

Reduce the number of middle managers in the federal workforce

Strengthen the Age Discrimination in Employment Act

Limit term of director of national intelligence

Give annual "State of the World" address

Reduce earmarks to 1994 levels

Enact windfall profits tax for oil companies

Create cap and trade system with interim goals to reduce global warming

Use revenue from cap and trade to support clean energy and environmental restoration

Require plug-in fleet at the White House

Require more flex-fuel cars for the federal government

Mandate flexible fuel vehicles by 2012

Provide an annual report on "state of our energy future"

Allow penalty-free hardship withdrawals from retirement accounts in 2008 and 2009

Recognize the Armenian genocide

No family making less than $250,000 will see "any form of tax increase."

Negotiate health care reform in public sessions televised on C-SPAN

Create a public option health plan for a new National Health Insurance Exchange.

Introduce a comprehensive immigration bill in the first year

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
LOL, I have tried this many times.

They believe all of the propaganda heard on the news.

lets see, I've heard:
"I don't like Ron Paul's war policies, Iran is evil"
"It has nothing to do with losing freedom, it is for our safety"
"Obama is trying, it's the GOP that keep him from doing what he wants"
"don't believe those conspiracies"
"Obama is the only chance we have"
blah blah blah..........

The funniest thing is, I will tell them something I have learned here on ATS, and they will argue with me until they turn blue, then 3 to 6 months later, they will tell me the exact same thing because they read it in some book or heard it on the news or whatever. And then they will try and teach me what they learned.

They are blind in their political views, as they can not see past the smooth talking guy type.

The only comfort I have is that they lost a little respect for Obama after he first opposed NDAA and then renigged on that promise.

but I still heard "we don't like it, but maybe he know's something we don't. I trust him".

romney have 17 of 24 members of bush's staff working for him...we tried the GOP way, cut taxes for the rich, went to war, cut spending for the middle class and poor...guess what?...it didn't work...now you want to go back to the same thing?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Obama will get re-elected with a low 40% of the vote while conservatives and independents will split votes between Romney and Paul. Same thing happened in 1992 for Bill Clinton with Ross Perot and George Bush Sr. Clinton got 43%, Bush Sr 38%, Ross Perot 18%. 38+18 = 56. Without Perot Bush Sr would have cruised to victory. Ron Paul may even get more than 18%!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

No I do not

Which is why I am voting for Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
So, never mind his failed first term.... You must move forward because Obama has more work to do... When he has not done any work up until now. Just 3 years of Campaigning and stumping and populist rants...

I feel the need to share this link.

www.thepeoplesview.net...

Please review it and then explain to me how he "has not done any work up until now." Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Once again, Not true.

www.democratsforronpaul.com...
Natural News
Democrats Crossover for Ron Paul

I'll bet you could find thousands of these sites and Articles written by Democrats.

Stop listening to the propaganda that voting for Ron Paul as the GOP leader will assure an Obama win.

Fact is the opposite is more true, as ZERO democrats would be caught dead voting for Romney in the general election.

As mentioned, actually they are voting for Romney in the primaries to Obama faces him in the general election to assure an Obama victory.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Let me put it this way, I voted for Obama in 2008 (twice, primary and general), and I will now be voting for Ron Paul.

If I'm not mistaken, that takes a vote away from Obama for President not Romney, because I would sure never even consider Romney (or any other war mongering, GOP candidate for presidency) as President. Wow that would be stupid. So if I had to choose between Romney or Obama, I'd choose Obama, but the good news is as of now, I do have another choice.

Either many Republicans are just blinded by the mass media propaganda as to why you shouldn't vote for Ron Paul because it will break up the GOP assuring an Obama Victory (which is far from true) or you are a Troll from the GOP to persuade anti-obama voters to vote for Romney instead of Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

No I do not

Which is why I am voting for Ron Paul.

what policies do you support that ron paul advocates?
he wants to "end the FED"...a "mational bank" has already been tried many times in the 19th century with disasterous results, causing extreme swings in the nations credit and monetary policies, resulting in booms and busts that hurt commerce and individuals as a whole. explain how it would be better now?.
he wants to turn over many federal functions and laws to individual states, creating completely different labor laws, tax laws, heathcare laws, privacy laws, corporate laws. in a national and global economy, a country needs a cohesive set of national policies. do you NOT see the problems this would create?
these are just two of the top of my head that i remember after reading pauls' website "points"
edit on 30-4-2012 by jimmyx because: punctuation and context

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Please note, If you are a troll just looking for a fight, know this.

I know your game, I know you are trying to place the seed of doubt in the minds of many here on ATS.

I know you have legit posts only to make you seem legit.

I see many of the topics you start or post you make just to start a controversy and cause people to ignore the issue.

You are alone propaganda and you do not deserve a reply therefore I will ignore your questions. I will not be sucked in to the bickering. I made my point, and if you want to know something (like why I support Ron Paul) look up why most do and you will get your answer. There is no need to repeat what I have written and others have over and over again.

To ATS

Ignore the TROLLS

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Im not voting for Ron Paul, since I want to get Obama out... thats my primary focus on this election...

Also, I'll NEVER vote for Ron Paul due to the crazies that follow him... Seriously, the fans are way over the top and it alienates people from voting for him... like myself... Crazy RP fans scare me

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
Im not voting for Ron Paul, since I want to get Obama out... thats my primary focus on this election...

Also, I'll NEVER vote for Ron Paul due to the crazies that follow him... Seriously, the fans are way over the top and it alienates people from voting for him... like myself... Crazy RP fans scare me

An example of my previous post.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Please note, If you are a troll just looking for a fight, know this.

I know your game, I know you are trying to place the seed of doubt in the minds of many here on ATS.

I know you have legit posts only to make you seem legit.

I see many of the topics you start or post you make just to start a controversy and cause people to ignore the issue.

You are alone propaganda and you do not deserve a reply therefore I will ignore your questions. I will not be sucked in to the bickering. I made my point, and if you want to know something (like why I support Ron Paul) look up why most do and you will get your answer. There is no need to repeat what I have written and others have over and over again.

To ATS

Ignore the TROLLS

my point exactly...

if you dont agree with someone about Ron Paul you are automatically a troll... When trying to point out simple criticism you shut your ears and put your head in the sand...

good luck getting more than 2% of the vote with this ideology...

Ron Paul will lose, and thats that.

Vote for Romney if you want to defeat Obama in 2012

top topics

<<   2 >>

join