It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya ex-Minister Shukri Ghanem dead in Danube River

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

This is not shocking or surprising news but highly suspect indeed.

The body of Libya's former Oil Minister Shukri Ghanem has been found in the Danube River, Austrian police say. A spokesman said there were no signs of violence to Mr Ghanem's body, which was in the river that flows through Vienna. The former prime minister, 69, worked as a consultant for a Vienna-based company. He apparently left his home early on Sunday, police said. Mr Ghanem defected from Libya as the country was engulfed in the uprising against Col Muammar Gaddafi last year. At the time, he criticised the bloodshed in Libya, saying that the situation had become "unbearable", making his position untenable. He served as Libyan prime minister from 2003 to 2006 and then as oil minister until 2011.

When this guy left office in Libya he did so in high profile circumstances.

Did he know things that should be brought to light?

Was he possibly silenced?

There will be an autopsy conducted soon, how much we will be told of what they find. Apparently there were no signs of violence on the body.

So who knows?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by faceofcydonia

I wonder if this could have anything to do with the very recent allegation that
Kadhafi funded Sorkozy's campaign back in 07? Sarkozy just denied it yesterday.

France24

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by faceofcydonia

I'm not surprised either and I also believe that it is downright suspicious, I would also go out on a limb and say that he probably had information that some Governments did not want to get out, so he was killed.
Seems like these "accidents" are getting more and more frequent, just ask former Polish President Lech Kaczynski. Oh, wait, you cant.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

join