It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Radio Shoutcast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Can you all create a low bandwidth and maybe mid bw stream, the 256 is little much and while like the quality, it lags out, so either update your server and/or consider optional bw for users who are unable to listen to the 256 currently

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I can listen to the radio on my computer, I can watch a video, with some buffering, but I cannot listen to any of your broadcasts. After a short time, the buffering gets to be mega annoying and the whole thing not worth it. I live in a small rural town, internet service is poor. I agree with the OP, why does it have to be so difficult?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Back in the early days we ran a low bandwidth P2P stream as well as the main one.

The listening figures we got for it were poor, and the tech was unreliable.

If you guys think there is a demand (be interested to hear more opinions) then I'll take it up with Springer and SO and see what we can do.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It seems like it would be advantageous, to least have a 128,,can't listen to the 256 and have 1.5 mb connection and if the most popular stream was in the shoutcast up top and the lower stream was not on same page as other shows to choose from, that would explain why more people chose the hi bw stream, as they did not see a low bw one to choose from, is a guess, as not sure if you all want to reach larger audience or smaller, that is the question I guess, in reality.

edit on 29-4-2012 by earthinhabitant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well I am sad now! There are only two of us, so this means I will not get to hear the broadcasts. *sighs* In congress a single letter is counted as 25 people with the same views, so going by that we got 100 people here
Bah, still not enough.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Sometimes, just sometimes someone may go out to bat for the underdog

Just sayin'

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

*grins* a tough and thankless job, if ever there was one. Still, some would be grateful, perhaps effusive even

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by Iamschist

Sometimes, just sometimes someone may go out to bat for the underdog

Just sayin'

I listen to Jeff Rense, alex Jones and Republic Broadcast and others on shoutcast, including , Ed whatever the name is that treat women like trash when nothing else is on, so only suggested really for all of ATS and not myself, as I enjoy this site and like listening to call ins and hot topics and look at rense's bit rate, like 24 and 16 and Jones has decent 32 bit and 10 servers streams offered, as it not music, and the quality is not required the same imho as, I could write post after post to justify a 32 bit stream and convince ATS staff and listeners, to be and not to be, as not going on and on about it, as it is clear what is the best move and choice for ATS staff to do and no need to thank me, for bringing it to your attention here, as will make one more point and say that shoutcast has Alex Jones as the #1 listened too everyday, by volume of listeners, and guess is lot of people find the stream via shoutcast index listening, as Alex tops all the music channels when he is on, so clearly, something is being said that attracts listeners in his programming and not to mention he has the servers to deliver the content, something that ats does not, as I can listen to other 256 streams with out buffering issues... and in closing, ATS is maybe the only one offering 256 talk stream..that anyone cares about listening too..

Top Talk Internet Radio Stations
station
listeners
bitrate
type
WINK.IN.TH - [AUTO JEDI]
Recently played: B.o.B - Airplanes (Partt. 2) (Feat. Eminem & Hayley Wil...
MP3
Alex Jones - Infowars.com
Recently played: Sunday Show Replay - Hr 1 (PrisonPlanet.com)
MP3
AM 1710 Antioch OTR, Scheduled Old-time radi...
Recently played: ABN OTR - Red Skelton: Apr 30, 1946: The Dentist
MP3
89.3 KPCC - Southern California Public Radio
Recently played:
MP3
2GB Sydney Talk Radio
Recently played: Live
MP3
Newstalk
Recently played: BLONDIE - HEART OF GLASS
MP3
Fine Art: The Essential Art Bell (www.finear...
Recently played: Art Bell - apr 21 2007 - (www.fineartstream.com)
MP3
The Very Best Of Art Bell (U7Radio.org)
Recently played: Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell - Time Traveler Line
MP3
WLRN
Recently played:
MP3
KUOW High Bandwidth
Recently played:
MP3
Tom Leykis Show
Recently played: The Tom Leykis Show - April 23, 2012 Hour 3
MP3
Newstalk Live From Ireland
Recently played:
MP3
Power 106 FM Jamaica on Go-Jamaica (Justice,...
Recently played:
MP3
Comedy104 - The Internet's #1 Rated Comedy S...
Recently played: Harland Williams - Animals and Corn
MP3
Republic Broadcasting Network
Recently played: RBN Overnite
MP3
Power 106 FM Jamaica on Go-Jamaica (Justice,...
Recently played:
MP3
hrbuchFM
Recently played: Abgehoert - Schnick Schnack Schnuck - Christoph Schulze...
MP3
107.8 Radio Jackie - The Sound of South West...
Recently played:
MP3
Social Crime Radio: We're what's wrong with ...
Recently played: Server time again, pleasse help and paypal to pedge@soc...
MP3
CrystalOne [Talk]: 'DJ One'
Recently played: Howard Stern Mastertape Theater - 09-28-2008-cf (MTT 06...
MP3
show more

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
okay, still not seeing low bandwidth or in the case, normal bit rate ATS stream on shoutcast...

Who is the one who is in charge of making the call, as this is bogus and in considerate and I am taking it personally now..as either someone is trying to keep ATS down on shoutcast here, by not providing a normal BW stream or someone just don\t give a flip about it..

It should only take a few hours to set up and if your tech is that in apt or ignorant to not understand why it is important and you all cannot figure it out, or choose not too, then that is your prerogative.

Just don't expect me to be understanding, when trying to do you a favor and get this type of response, so here is a cookie and cup of milk, please enjoy and take care of the problem and situation, no need for 256 stream if you are not able to serve those who need 128 or less, as more like 64 is better for everyone, you can serve more people...so either your tech is blowing smoke and someone bought it, or you all need help with consultation on what is best for ATS, and well that is what this thread is for, free lessons and free advice consultation, just don\t take advantage of it...please.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Good news everyone, that a 32 bit shoutcast stream is planned and in the works hopefully, if the person is making it a priority or not, is yet to be seen, and only time will tell!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If you follow this link here...

www.shoutcast.com...

You will now find the 256kbps stream AND... a 32kbps low bandwidth one.

We'll be coding this into the sites we use for the show soon, but right now its out there on beta test

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

www.shoutcast.com...

We'll be coding this into the sites we use for the show soon, but right now its out there on beta test

thanks, on the second or 3rd repeat of the Infowars Alex Jones show now, good news is, he was out and had a wonderful host taking his place in the command center, and he just called in on skype and had poor connection, sounded like crap...so was just about to look for another station to hit, as Rense Show is great, for those that enjoy talk radio shows, as Alex is good don't get me wrong, however sometimes like a chiller kind of show...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
I can listen to the radio on my computer, I can watch a video, with some buffering, but I cannot listen to any of your broadcasts. After a short time, the buffering gets to be mega annoying and the whole thing not worth it. I live in a small rural town, internet service is poor. I agree with the OP, why does it have to be so difficult?

Ditto what Iamscgist said.....

Des

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
thanks again, Links to both stations here..

Shoutcast Talk Radio Show 32 BIt Low Bandwidth

Shoutcast Talk Radio Show 256 bit High Bandwidth

edit on 11-5-2012 by earthinhabitant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

www.shoutcast.com...

Where's the damn *like* button when I need it....

Des

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

www.shoutcast.com...

Where's the damn *like* button when I need it....

Des

yup, good show on Infowars today, when you get in repeat mode loop on any station today, and also the republic broadcasting network is sweet and Bob Tuskin, not to sure about the Ed show, little to degrading to women, and don't care to hear anyone disrespect anyone in such a way, and Rense always seems to have some great stuff too...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
damn this show is good and streaming like butter, thanks again, me very happy now and please forgive my distasteful demeanor and comments, as this shows topic on ATS is just what I enjoy... thanks again...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthinhabitant
thanks again, Links to both stations here..

Shoutcast Talk Radio Show 32 BIt Low Bandwidth

Shoutcast Talk Radio Show 256 bit High Bandwidth

edit on 11-5-2012 by earthinhabitant because: (no reason given)

YAY...sounds great......Thanks....

Des

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
YAY!!! Listening now! *dances around* Thank you, Thank you! It works great at 32bit for me. Can't wait till you add it as a button, until then have bookmarked this thread.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Okay it sounds like there is some distortion and that the amp is up to loud and causing it, too much gain, and if lowered would resolve it, as I don't notice this on other streams of same bitrate and noticed it does not happen constantly on the ATS 32 stream, as seems to be programming sound board issue and all mics and sound levels are not set the same, as now it is a little clearer than some of the other programming previously, if anyone else notices, maybe can post comments on it, other than that it is great, not one hop or skip and good stuff

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join