It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State officials shut down shrimping in Gulf amid scientists finding deformities and ‘horrifying cr

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I can't help but think that Reptilians have something to do with this. Maybe they are fueling their ships in our oceans and leaving radiation in their wake. Or maybe they are slowly poisioning us so that only the shape shifters among us will be left. Keep your eyes open people, the lizards walkers are among us and they are plentiful. Just yesterday I saw a Reptilian at McDonalds who was shedding his scales in public, and quickly left when he noticed I was watching

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

It's Capitalism WITHOUT a Conscience that's the matter. Same goes for the bankers and Wall Street.... is there such a thing as enough profit? How can ANYONE justify getting 50-100 million a year in pay, especially when the Corporations can do something like BP did in the gulf, then get fined or sued, and then PASS THE COST ON TO THE CONSUMER! This means WE pay for their mistakes, in More Ways Than One!!!! We can't eat the food, we pay their fines, and they Still get paid such exorbitant amounts of money that they can't even spend it all, despite owning 10 or more homes (like Romney, btw), yachts, numerous cars..... Just Plain Greed is killing us all! Including our Ecosystem!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Stay away from Gulf seafood? I live on Mobile bay and recently purchased 100 lbs of gulf shrimp right off of the boat in Bayou La Batre. Guess what? They were FINE.

This weekend they are holding a big "mullet toss" (yes throwing fish is a sport down here LOL) and seafood festival at the Flora/Bama Club (on the Florida, Alabama line)...everyone is reporting good fresh food and a good time. (www.al.com)

No deformities or problems (I read ATS)...I am puzzled, to say the least.

Can you spell c-o-n-s-p-i-r-a-c-y, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Now WHY would "they" post disinformation? Who are "they" and what do "they" have to gain?

Answers or theories, please.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

perhaps, but actually it's only paper declaration: cleaning gonna be too expensive. however, gov can use superfund as pretext to isolate affected region, & to try a chance to take survivors down.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DitGraveline

Here are a few links that might interest y'all

blog.al.com...

blog.al.com...

THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT THE GULF OR MOBILE BAY BEING SHUT DOWN

www.al.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Nah, that's what happens when you have a Democrat with an Agenda as POTUS. Capitalism be darned.

reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Wishing ill upon people isn't advised because you're not going to hurt the oil companies (they have enough money without the Gulf producing). Who you hurt by this is actually still just the Fishermen, as the oil guys can pack and move. Fisherman can be broke like farmers--too poor to quit.

~~~~~~~~~~
While I very much dislike BP's handling out here in the Gulf, nor do I like all those mutations, at all, for perspective:

Eyeless Shrimp: Pre BP

There were eyeless shrimp long before the Oil Spill. I think it's more alarming that the frequency of the mutation has increased, rather than it exists at all.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
When the EPA told BP to stop dumping the corexit, BP told them no and kept right on doing it.

So the government bowed out and let BP do what it wanted. Yet if you or I were to dump a quart of motor oil in a storm drain, we would be fined big money and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

The whole time this disaster was happening, my husband had the live cam showing the blown well on his computer, and he stated that they were handling it all wrong from the beginning, and the way they kept playing with different caps and such was an obvious failure. My husband's family has been dealing with oil since the 1940s when his family drilled some successful wells in west Texas, so he understands oil and wells.

He feels it was done on purpose, to sabotage the Gulf, and I have to agree with him. By allowing the oil to flow unchecked, and then dumping a crap-ton of corexit into the waters, BP effectively killed the shrimping and seafood industry in the area.

Once it is deemed unfit for human consumption, the oil companies can drill, baby, drill, without any more worries about some pesky family shrimping business suing. It will be a dead zone, so the government cannot deny permits for deep-water drilling for fear of damaging the environment, because it's already destroyed.

Diabolical, evil, and totally on purpose.

This is so evil it's beyond stunning.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Ain't Capitalism Great?

USA USA USA

This is NOT Capitalism. It's a monstrous mutation without the restraints of common sense & decency.

This is what happens when morally-bankrupt corporations own the government.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RawkMan
reply to post by Alien Abduct

You're right. You are absolutely right. How do you know? OK, let me put it this way, you're in a bar and a guy comes and sits next to you. He starts chatting and then offers you a drink. Not from behind the bar where you can see the liquids in the bottles that people have been supping from all evening. No, he produces it from inside his coat and places it in front of you, free of charge. Are you going to drink it? Maybe you take a sip, maybe it tastes exactly like bourbon from behind the bar.

Tell me that you're not going to think, even for a moment, "Is their anything in this that could be harmful to me?"

This guy may be innocent, he might not be. Think of that that guy with the plaster cast on his hand who is asking you to help him load his furniture into the back of his van. He may well be totally innocent and looking for help, but, once you're inside and being battered over the head it is a bit late to consider whether you have just put yourself into a dangerous situation. "It puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!"

OK, they are extreme examples, but the point is, we don't know whether genetically modified foods will cause us or the environment any harm. It could be harm that manifests in 25 years. Are you aware that smoking was once considered as a 'healthy' thing to do? Yeah, it seems way out there, but it was. GM needs time and not just research.

I agree with you, it is sad that the FDA and other government entities that were created to protect the public can pretty much be paid off by powerful corporations like Monsanto. And it is frightening to think that such corporations can control such a vital amount of our food.

You're right there needs to be more research over a very long period of time before that food is considered safe for human consumption.

-Alien

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
I agree with the above poster that there is an entity with a larger objective in mind.

As I see it, that objective is the complete and utter destruction of the United States.

The monster is so big that it can no longer be controlled.

Yes, and when the NWO PTB are finished, the US will no longer exist as a sovereign nation. The US Dollar will probably no longer exist.

The US will be just another Third World country where there's a handful of obscenely rich people at the top who own & control everything, and masses of dirt poor who own nothing. The middle class will have shrunk into a small group of powerless servants to the rich.

In less than 40 years there will be no one left who has any memory of what the US was like in the 1950's when the US was at the height of its power.

In 80 years, there will be no one left who has any memory of what the US was like before 9/11.
edit on 29-4-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pistolerooo

Here are some local news outlets with the story.
WERC-Local News-Alabama

WEAR ABC-Fla.
Hope that helps

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
gee, i guess this kind of puts a crimp in all of those BP sponsored "ya'll come down to louisiana for a fine vacation" commercials on TV...yeah...right,... you can swim in chemical soup we call our ocean, and you can eat all the contaminated seafood you can stuff into your yankee mouth. yehaw!! ...cajun cookin' at it's best!!
by the way, i live in california, and now you know why we "hippies" out here are so anal about our enviorment, even with that said, we still have a hell of a hard time stopping the bastards from contaminating everything in sight, it's an ongoing struggle.
edit on 29-4-2012 by jimmyx because: context

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

I appreciate your concerns and you make valid points. Believe me, I hate BP for what they did and I didn't eat shrimp or oysters for almost a year after it happened. However, most threads related to the spill on here will not allow the voice of someone who actually lived through it. In some ways, we still are.
But when I try to add some balance, I usually get called a disinfo agent or get called "naive", as if someone sitting on a computer in Peoria can speak on the matter more authoritatively than someone who's been out in the Gulf and the marshes many many times in the last year. Thanks for the well reasoned answer.

The shrimping industry is made up mostly of small family businesses all across the coast. The likelihood of a collaborative industry wide cover-up is very small. This "shut down", if not completely made up, is likely more a routine action, as portions of the Gulf have been closed here and there temporarily since the spill and that happens for other non BP related reasons too.

In either case, nothing near the scale that the article implies has happened, I assure you. It would have resulted in skyrocketing seafood costs, which hasn't happened. Even oyster prices are going down (although never recovered and may be a while before they are cheap again).

While Al Jazeera (which ran the "deformity" article) and other outlets may be an alternate source to MSM, they are not necessarily more trustworthy. One thing I've learned from Katrina, The BP Spill, and 2011's river flooding is that alternate outlets frequently get it wrong, whether through pushing their own agenda or through lack of professional journalistic standards. Remember - they live on target marketing just like the big boys. If you don't have something sensational to "break", what self respecting conspiracy theorist is going to read your stuff? Since MSM push an agenda and have no standards anymore either, it spells an information landscape that must be tread very carefully.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DitGraveline
Stay away from Gulf seafood? I live on Mobile bay and recently purchased 100 lbs of gulf shrimp right off of the boat in Bayou La Batre. Guess what? They were FINE.

This weekend they are holding a big "mullet toss" (yes throwing fish is a sport down here LOL) and seafood festival at the Flora/Bama Club (on the Florida, Alabama line)...everyone is reporting good fresh food and a good time. (www.al.com)

No deformities or problems (I read ATS)...I am puzzled, to say the least.

Can you spell c-o-n-s-p-i-r-a-c-y, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Now WHY would "they" post disinformation? Who are "they" and what do "they" have to gain?

Answers or theories, please.

Similar to MSM ditto -heads, the "AM"- Alternative Media ditto heads will often believe what they want to. Why believe people who have first hand experience when you can believe some blogger or a sensational news source that will cater to your emotional/ideological needs (similar to MSM)?
The reality of the GUlf after the spill is still a very relevant and important topic, but the reality gets lost in sensationalism like this. I don't doubt that some waters were closed, which isn't all that unusual. What you WILL NOT see on ATS is when they open those waters next week and fishing resumes without much of a problem or a dent. The slant of the story is the issue. It is fear mongering at its best.

I think it has more to do with web hit related advertising revenue than any large issue conspiracy. In the meantime, I'm eating a fried shrimp poboy and am healthier than ever.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

It will be declared a Superfund site so the Govt can have eminent domain over the whole region, and they wont have to pay anyone for their property.
edit on 28-4-2012 by lordpiney because: (no reason given)

And the corporations will move in on it for next to nothing. It will look like Baku Oil Field. If you work in that place you will have a pretty short life. Have fun.
edit on 29-4-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

FrankenShrimp make you glow in the dark. Without batteries. I would say that's green energy

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

While it is somewhat old news (April 5 or so) I just read the thread on ATS today about the Navy sinking a radioactive Japanese ghost ship that floated over after the tsunami. Many people asked "Why?" Why, when they could have come up with a better disposal method, did sinking a radioactive ship seem like a good idea?

I had your post in my mind from last night (which made sense to me) when I read the story and remembered, "hey, haven't we been discussing drilling in Alaska for several years now, but it has yet to be approved due to environmental concerns?"

While I understanding the prospect (and opposing views) for drilling in Alaska have been going on since the 70's, it's been a topic of debate even more so with sky rocketing fuel prices the past few years. And while Obama hasn't endorsed, and has instead said he doesn't approve of drilling, it certainly made me wonder.

Granted it's on the opposite side of Alaska, but some experts and opponents to drilling state that one cause of concern is that the oil operation, while only slated to take up about 2,000 acres, would quickly turn into 1.5 MILLION acres due to where the wells would need to be located.

Just a thought I had. I know I may be way off, but I figured this is the best place to post a conspiracy concern.

Well, second edit - I checked that thread when it was still fairly new, and hadn't been back on it til after I posted this - It appears that maybe there wasn't any radioactive material on the ship in the first place. So I guess I'm wrong.
edit on 29-4-2012 by jacktorrance because: ETA second edit.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
pierregustavetoutant,
Bravo! you know the truth

For the OTHERS......Information not rumors

I hope this will provide a "reality check" for those who don't know the color of the flag they've waving.

I have lived most of my life between Houston and Louisiana, less that 60 miles from the coast. I have fished, crabbed, Floundered, hunted, shrimped and swam in the gulf. I know the gulf better that a lot of people, who post here. I ate Gulf Shrimp and Louisiana Oysters this past weekend and I'm doing fine.
The oil industry has been drilling for oil in Texas for over 100 years and there have been accidents, leaks, and spills both, on land and in the Gulf. Although this is not a "good thing" Man and Mother Nature took care of these accidents and time marched on.
Now there are a lot of Young people out there that want to "Save The Earth" and that's very noble BUT, you need to be realistic. Our Society is driven by OIL and those Electric or battery powered cars will not be perfected within my lifetime and maybe not yours. We as a nation CANNOT survive without Oil and unless you're working and making some big bucks $10 a gallon will hurt. It's kinda like the Power Industry, you don't want Coal fired Plants, Oil fired Plants, Gas Fired Plants or Nuclear Plants But you want the lights to come on when you flip the switch. Do a little research and find out how much electricity is generated in the U.S. Vs how much we get from Solar and Wind.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacktorrance
reply to post by FissionSurplus

While it is somewhat old news (April 5 or so) I just read the thread on ATS today about the Navy sinking a radioactive Japanese ghost ship that floated over after the tsunami.

Well, second edit - I checked that thread when it was still fairly new, and hadn't been back on it til after I posted this - It appears that maybe there wasn't any radioactive material on the ship in the first place. So I guess I'm wrong.
edit on 29-4-2012 by jacktorrance because: ETA second edit.

That is one hell of a short half-life ;-) The case of the disappearing radioactive material. The trouble is, governments are so corrupt nowadays that we can't be sure whether the first story or the second story is based on fact. It is easy to imagine that you would want to hide depth charging the ocean floor with radioactive material. What can you believe any more.

I just trust my instincts...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join