It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will be attending my first Rock Concert this summer. What should I expect?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Seen literally hundreds of bands live, without a doubt the best times of my life have been at concerts.
Been to large venues and seen some household names play live, been to really grubby and sleazy venues, seen some of the most obscure acts you could imagine, seen some really famous bands literally years before they made it big, done both large and small festivals, blah blah blah....and the one thing in common has been that I've had a great time at all of them.

If you like music you'll love the live experience.
The communal feeling can be an almost spritual experience at times, can't beat it.

The advice about water and comfortable footwear is sensible.
Personally I like a few pints before, during and after if possible, not everyone's the same though.

Don't worry about the mosh pits etc, they aren't that bad, especially at venues and concerts like the one where you are going.

Try to take the time to meet and talk to other people, it's amazing because you can meet all sorts of people from so many varied walks of life etc, but you all have one thing in common - the music.

Relax and enjoy it, make sure you have a great time and report back.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Flowmaster05

You are in for a treat! I am 58, my first concert was Steppenwolf on their final tour. I have seen Bob Dylan, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, ZZ Top, Bob Segar, Blackfoot, REO Speedwagon, CSNY. Some things we used to always see, hear, and smell, it has been awhile for me, but here is what I remember. Someone pukes. At least one fistfight. Bare breasts are exposed. The smell when the lights are turned off. The vibrations of the music, and the energy of the crowd. Ear Bleed seats. Loved every second of it. Have fun, and be aware. You will be patted down before entry.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I appreciate the comments and advice, I'm more excited than ever now.

I will definitely report back on my experience after the show. The show's not until September, so a bit of a ways off.

Thanks again

new topics

<< 1   >>

join