It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why An In-Thread Search Box Is Crucial To ATS Discussions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Often times there are tens or even hundreds of pages to sift through!

A search box on each individual thread page would allow members to find content relative to their own views, or see if members have already posted information that they were thinking of submitting.

This would increase the quality of thread content by a considerable amount!

If you agree, don't forget to flag this thread!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Are you saying you would like to see a search box that's limited to posts on the current thread?

If so, then I'm not sure that is actually possible. Also, while it might reduce the amount of duplicate information posted, I think it would open up a whole new can of "why didn't you search?" troll-worms.
edit on 27-4-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

If you have chrome (and maybe other browsers do this too) you can click on the wrench to the right of the text box and click Find...

Type in what you want to look for on a page.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Unfortunately I think this only works with a single web page. You would have to repeat that for every page of the thread that you enter. Therefore, if a thread contains, say 56 pages, you'll be there for a while with that method.
Cheers.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
We can't even get many members to search before posting a thread. Somehow I doubt they'll search before making a post too. But I do find the notion of an intra-thread search box interesting. I'm just not sure how useful it would really be, unless you were looking for a given post you had already read.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
We can't even get many members to search before posting a thread. Somehow I doubt they'll search before making a post too. But I do find the notion of an intra-thread search box interesting. I'm just not sure how useful it would really be, unless you were looking for a given post you had already read.

It's because the search box isn't RIGHT THERE in their faces.

If it were, they would use it!

new topics

top topics

join