It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking (SOHO Satellite Catches Possible Real U.F.O. ) April 24th, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
As a skeptic I have to say this really makes me say "Wait just a damn minute" I mean this is not a lens problem, a scratch or any of the obvious. Folks this is a real object. I have looked at it using all that I personally know to look at videos like this with. It's a real object out by the sun. See the video.

So Is this the smoking gun? The one video that we all can say ..UH HOUSTON, WE MAY HAVE FOUND SOMETHING HERE? You tell me, I am still skeptic lol.
edit on 4/27/2012 by dbates because: Caps lock title edit

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I just saw this on another thread about an hour ago, please don't flame me for saying that, other people will be here soon to say the same thing.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I searched for it lol...Sorry if it is. I couldn't find anything else here about this. Mod if it's true you know what to do..No Problem.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Someone posted this the day it happened, about 3 days ago. I will say it is an interesting object but it never seems to move, not even a little bit... sigh, who knows

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Think it was debunked as a cosmic ray and is in no way "breaking".
Dailymail calling it "mothership" in their article alone was pretty strange...
sorry, maybe "they" will arrive later this year

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by easy12
Think it was debunked as a cosmic ray and is in no way "breaking".
Dailymail calling it "mothership" in their article alone was pretty strange...
sorry, maybe "they" will arrive later this year

I dont believe for a second that its a cosmic ray, I would go for lens artifact way before a cosmic ray.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

It's in only one frame on Lasco C2, and it doesn't appear on any other camera. It could either be a ridiculously fast ship that only Lasco C2 can see, a lens artifact that mysterious appears and disappears over the course of a few minutes, or a cosmic ray.

It's a cosmic ray.
edit on 27-4-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
lol "UFO"

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You don't see the cosmic ray on the picture itself, you see the effects of it on the camera in the telescope
here is the explanation stolen from the other thread

Cosmic Rays: Cosmic rays are noise (white dots, blobs and streaks) created in the images by energetic particles striking the cameras in the telescopes. Cosmic rays get reported as comets more often than real comets do! So it essential to learn how to distinguish them from something that is real. Cosmic rays are completely random -- they can, and do, appear absolutely anywhere in the images and they only appear once. They are most commonly just dots, but they are also occasionally blobs or streaks. Some are very faint, but most are quite bright. Some even saturate the camera and cause the large horizontal spikes we often see on planets and bright stars.

top topics

join