It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Pecking On My Window

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yesterday at about 7:30pm, I was sitting at my desk in my bedroom and I was hearing this banging/pecking sound. I thought it was my daughter or wife doing something in another room. After hearing it for about ten minutes I went to investigate what it was. At the very same moment, My wife hollered and asked my daughter if it was her and she said no, but, she said it sounded like it was coming from her room. Then my wife asked me if I was doing something and I said no, that is why I came out.

So I go outside and look around thinking that maybe it was my neighbor or something but there was no one outside and then I walked around my place, but nothing. I return back to my desk and the pecking started again. This time I zoned in on it and IT WAS ON MY BEDROOM WINDOW! My bedroom windows are about twenty feet off the ground so I stayed calm and checked to see if it was a woodpecker or something. My blinds and curtains were open and I looked, but nothing.

I asked my wife to come in the room and sit on the bed---I told her where it sounded like it came from, so she did. Nothing happens so she walks out to go back into the dining room. As soon as she closed the bedroom door, it pecked loud and fast on the window again! I couldn't believe it. It's been a while since anything strange has happened so it kinda caught me off gaurd. I tried to debunk it but I came up with notta. Has anybody ever had this happen or have any theories on it?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

When I was a new Christian, I started reading my Bible every night. Shortly after, there was always a knocking sound on my window as I would start reading. We lived way back in the woods and it was night, of course. I would go outside and look around and no one was there. I finally accepted that it was an evil entity trying to distract and scare me and I put extra effort into studying the Bible and it stopped.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Trust me to read this title before bed!

There's nothing that creeps me out more other than imagining a face there!

Ever since I watched a scene in movie (as a kid), where a famous poem was being read and there was a crow(?) that kept tapping on the window.....and tapping on the window....and tapping on the window.

Creepy man, anyone know what I'm talking about? The Simpsons done a sketch of it too...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This sounds like the shadow mans doing,
next time you hear the knocking
look around for a shadowish looking
figure... I believe this is an evil entitty.
Next time you hear it say *who knocks their*
*who knocks their*

link   
sounds like you have a resident nuthatch, they love pecking at and around the windows for bugs and such.

link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Not another scary story

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Reminds me of The Raven- "something tapping at my chamber door..."

You of course know all about the woodpecker family, but I can't help but think it really was a bird- just a very elusive one. This is the time of year when then start banging like that- the mating calls. The ones that do it most up here in New England are flickers, and I've had them banging on window panes, aluminum screen edges, just about anything that makes a noise. And they really can be hard to see as they'll move so fast.

But you do sound like you've had enough practical experience with the birds, so if you say this is different, then perhaps it is.

What's your theory about it ?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
sounds like you have a resident nuthatch, they love pecking at and around the windows for bugs and such.

No it is most likely the shadow man
OP saw with his own eyes no bird there...
This is some type of entitity

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It couldn't have been a rat or a mouse in the wall?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Some insects can get pretty loud in warm climates or during the hotter days of summer. And a noise at a window can also mean a train passing with the atmosphere just right to spread the vibrations to the glass.

Or of course the obvious. Things! Things at your window! Watching and waiting, watching and waiting!!!
edit on 26-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The night before last i had that,but it was more like a huge moth fluttering hard up against the glass pane.I fell asleep,and woke up instantaneously alert,and then i heard it.A knocking,but not with knuckles.I dont normally sleep at night,but i felt in pain as i had an inflammation in my back,so i went to bed earlier.Was too creeped out to look,though.Something stopped me from wanting to look,im normally curious as a cat.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Something Wicked This Way Comes.

Run, for God's sake, run for your life. Don't pack anything just get out of the house.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

The Raven...thats what it was!!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
This sounds like the shadow mans doing,
next time you hear the knocking
look around for a shadowish looking
figure... I believe this is an evil entitty.
Next time you hear it say *who knocks their*
*who knocks their*

You know, it's funny that you should mention shadow beings because I was talking to my dad about this, who lives on the lower part of the property, and he told me that he seen the tall shadow man again the night before. That thing has always been around but no one has seen it for a long time. The shadow is about 7 feet tall with a black trench coat or cape and a tall top hat. I've seen it and so has my mother. The neighbors, who live about 100 yards on the other side of my dads, told my dad last summer that something was banging on their windows and the side of their house and they went out with guns and searched but there was no sign of anyone. After my dad told me that I got goose bumps.

To other people wondering if it was a bird or an insect; No. I was sitting right there and could see. It was nothing like that. It wasn't on the corner of the window frame, like a bird pecking, it was in the center of the top-right window pain---the highest one. I pecked my finger in a poking fashion against the window and it is exactly the sound that I heard. We live close to an old civil war hospital and a plantation. I'm thinking after all the paranormal trouble that we've had here, that has something to do with it. As I said, it just kinda caught me off gaurd. I'm a part-time paranormal investigator so I broke out the equipment but didn't get anything. Usually I'm not jumpy about these things but when it happens at home it kind of gets me.

Something followed me home from an investigation a long time ago and was messing with me and my family for a while, until it pissed me off, and I went through all the motions to get rid of it stopped. I haven't done a paranormal investigation for probably a couple of years because I don't really have time and when I have the time I don't feel like it. Thanks for you guys' input.

I'd like to share this real quick though, about a year and a half ago me and my family had to stay a week at my parents house next door, due to remodeling and in the bedroom that we were staying, something was pounding on the wall and woke me up. Pounding hard! I put my hand against the wall and it felt like it hit right behind my hand. No mouse or whatever can hit that hard. It went on for about 15 minutes or more and then it stopped. I was freaked out. I'm almost sure that it's the same thing--whatever that may be. I'm ready for it now and if it does it again I will capture it on video and post it here.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This may have likely been a small bird pecking at something and it might have got scared off, assuming you rushed to the window rather calmy walking

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Fylgje:

Based on your location, I either live in your state or in a nearby one.

A similar experience happened to me; and it was actually a Cardinal bird pecking at his/her reflection...apparently this is fairly common.

Now, I am not saying there are other possibilities as I tend to be skeptical and keep an open mind at the same time.

Try this: Insert cardboard on the window to completely cover the window...then report back to us as to whether this pecking continues.

If this isn't a bird then the cardboard may or may not be a deterrent...but if it is something else you can "test" it, ie., a shadow figure or something more sinister.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

I like how you think and will try that, but, I was sitting in my computer chair a couple of feet from these windows and if it were a bird, I would like to think I would've seen it doing it or atleast fly off. Pecking on the window frame and the window itself will sound very different. And it seemed to hard to be a bird but I could be wrong. Especially after my wife left the room and it pounded hard and fast on the window---I was sitting right there in front of the window. But thanks for your input. I appreciate it. As of now, it hasn't happened again.

Talk atcha later

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Please try the cardboard on the internal side of the window; on the external side of the window, too, if possible.

I had the similar set-up with a computer/office near the window, and the bird, I guess, would dart if I moved.

Actually, the more I think about it, if you were really that close, then I am not leaning towards a "bird" happening. That is why I suggest to you the covering of the window (simply to discard the possibility).

If it is something more strange/sinister, then it will be informative to find out how these deal with your covering of the window....and if something still happens then perhaps we can help you in providing more suggestions.

Also, if you have access to recording devices that you can upload, that can help us (you and all who participate here) as well too.

Best of luck, and looking forward to hearing from you.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Nothing has happened again. I want to thank everyone who was helping me. Ya know, I could've agreed that it ws a bird had it not knocked the way it did after my wife left the room. The whole time that she was there, it was totally silent, but the second she left, it knocked fast and hard. It was like it was being a smart allic or something. Oh well, If anything should happen again I'll bump this thread. If anyone has more they would like to contribute, please do.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I've had similar sounds as the season started to change.
On my two bedroom windows, even on the roof(I know not attic due to the muting/muffling of the sound).
I've chalked it up to the birds and the squirrels as my type of outer wall allows both to get a grip on the wall and window sill.
What's annoying is they only seem to make a racket when I'm trying to sleep.
Mostly during the day, but sometimes at night.
It also depends on the season, in the spring/summer some mocking birds like to nest in a crevice above my window.
In the fall/winter several bats will use the same crevice a few nights a week, but not too often.

I do think their could be other causes, but I've found the really strange sounds seem to come from nowhere or within my room itself.
These sounds I can trace to the windows or to the roof.

It's the ones I can't trace that stay my breath for a moment or two as I try and figure out what they were.

new topics

top topics

join