It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War II Grenades Found in a Potato Shipment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hi.

Check this out....

How crazy is that?!?

A processing plant in Greece found two grenades in a German potato shipment during unpacking. The first discovery was made during the washing stage when a strange sound was found but fortunately the grenade didn't have a detonator.

Early April, 2012, a 3 year old boy in UK found a live grenade during an easter hunt. The site used to be an American army base during the war.

And in yet another incident, according to BBC, a grenade was found in Nottinghamshire, UK at a recycling plant. The bomb which already had his fuse removed was discovered in a scarp metal bin.

I've heard about land mines being left behind this is the first I've heard about grenades.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
these days spuds are picked/sorted by machine, i can remember many a time buying sacks of spuds to sell on in our shop and find stones mixed in with the spuds due to they were in the right weight/size combo and given in the uk we had alot of 'dads army' and they needed somewhere to play its hardly suprising that alot of fields are still covered in ww2 gear

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If it had been German WW2 grenades it would've been more fitting.

Since they were nicknamed "potatomashers"

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Potential smuggling for an armed group planning to cause chaos or complete accident?

The shape probably has something to do with it, whether a machine accidently mixed them in or if people tried to hid them among the potatoes on purpose

top topics

join