It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Octomom Investigated - Squalor Conditions at Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Octomom update - squalor conditions at home

Nadya "Octomom" Suleman is in danger of losing her 14 children after police paid a visit to her La Habra, California home on Tuesday night after her hairstylist visited her home to do her hair, found deplorable living conditions, and filed a complaint. Not only were the youngest of her brood, the 3-year-old octuplets, dirty and walking around barefoot in only T-shirts, but they were being forced to urinate and defecate in training potties set up in the backyard because the house's plumbing was not working, according to the stylist named Stephanie (who will not release her last name). Stephanie also took photographs, which have been obtained by TMZ, and claims that while she was giving Suleman a Brazilian blowout and haircut on April 18, the children were locked in a bedroom. In one photo Stephanie took, the mother-of-14 is shown happily flaunting her new 'do — for which she paid $520 (that includes two previous haircuts and $80 worth of product), despite the fact she's on welfare — while behind her a chair is wedged underneath a doorknob, as if it to keep the occupants inside.

YIKES!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I find it so sad that so many people get pregnant and have no thoughts for their child... I've only been out of high school 2 years and in those 2 years there have been 5 children born to girls I went to school with. This is going to sound harsh but they are taking the easy way out as most of these girls haven't worked in their lives and won't have to now they get welfare/child support. Instead they drop the kids off at their own parents houses and go and drink or get high...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

She is not a Mother...she is a fruit loop. Has been an attention whore from the get-go. She needs to have all those poor children taken from her, and placed in homes, where their basic needs can be met.

Octo-mom only see's her kids as avenues to fame and fortune. what a waste.

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I went over there yesterday and they're not wearing any pants. And they're outside in the freezing cold, it was 60 degrees

What? 60° (that's +15°) is the new freezing? Did I miss something? That back yard looks like the average poor-ish person (with a ton of kids) back yard that I've seen in my life.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Apart from the hairdo and the very odd spray paint everywhere the place doesn't look too shabby for a woman with 8 kids let alone anymore than that. I don't want to delve into the she shouldn't have had them argument, she has them and that's that.

Potty training in the back garden.......Oh the horror!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Apart from the hairdo and the very odd spray paint everywhere the place doesn't look too shabby for a woman with 8 kids let alone anymore than that. I don't want to delve into the she shouldn't have had them argument, she has them and that's that.

Potty training in the back garden.......Oh the horror!

Eight children are from her most recent birthing. Those were all born at the same time, hence the name Octomom...she had 6 previous children So, her grand total to date is 14, FOURTEEN children...all on the taxpayers expense.

Big difference...plus, she spends all her time trying to get on tv reality shows, and posing nude for magazines. Anything that will get her attention. She could not give a crap about the welfare of her 14 children other than what she can get out of the situation. She got busted by the hairdresser who gave her an over $500.00 hair visit to her home.

No pity from me....

Des

edit on 26-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yes I know, I was just stating that I've seen far worse homes of people with less children than her. The fact that the taxpayer pay's for this brood, or the fact she attempts to scratch cash by flashing her flesh is none of my concern, neither do I pity her, yeah she bought it on herself and all that jazz..

I do wonder what effect the blatant and rabid bastardisation of this woman has on her children as they grow and am rather alarmed at the notion that people would willingly see these children, who to all intents and purposes must love each other, split up.

From what I've seen in other reports her floors look quite clean, the home though sparsely furnished doesn't appear to be a complete dump (other than the odd spray paint) and the children seem well nourished and quite content. Boy's wearing girls clothing? I'm not at all shocked at the prospect of hand me down clothing or a boy wearing pink given the circumstance, just to think of the accident's and changes of clothes kids get through whilst potty training, just getting them washed and changed is more important than whether they end up with a barbie on their shirt.

I don't see her hanging out with any dead beat abusive boyfriend, I just see a woman that didn't make a great decision in her life to begin with and when faced with the prospect of aborting all but one, couldn't bring herself to do it, I can't exactly say I blame her for that.

Yeah the hairdo thing is outrageous, and she's going to get flack. But how is she all that different to the other thousands of women who spend their childs fathers maintenance money on a fancy hairdo and nice nails every week?. I'm sure she isn't throwing THAT kind of money on the back of the fire at a whim like some women do. As for the hairdresser, she should get her own fair share of scorn and derision, what person in their right mind would take that sort of money off someone in their home and then bandy the tale around to the highest bidder?.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There are 14 kids there .. and I just feel really badly for them.
They have some not-so-good conditions to live in.
How much attention can they be getting?
And they have an IN-famous mother. That'll be hard on them later.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Article - Octomom says she was 'set up' for photos showing squalor
Set up? Maybe. OR .. she hasn't been in the news lately and needed some attention.
Dunno .. it's still a sad situation.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
There are 14 kids there .. and I just feel really badly for them.
They have some not-so-good conditions to live in.
How much attention can they be getting?
And they have an IN-famous mother. That'll be hard on them later.

I feel the same. I saw her, not too long ago, on the Dr. Drew show. She was complaining that she is so stressed out with the kids. That people who promised to help her stopped coming in to clean and babysit. If you remember, after she had the 8 children, there were a plethora of volunteers, who came in, in shifts, to help with the children. What happened was after about 6 months, it made it to the press, that Octomom was taking off when the volunteers were there, and reminding them to clean the house too. She shot herself in the foot on the free help. They got tired of being used, and stopped coming to help.

Back to Dr. Drew...she was crying the "oh poor me" routine, he blindsided her with nude photos of her in a nudie mag...she was not a happy camper. He offered to get her BACK into therapy to help her get to a place where she could be a better mom to her 14 kids. She wasn't all that receptive, and said she needed a tv show that paid her a lot of money more....

She was only on his show to try to segue it into something bigger. I have no pity for her at all...only the children. They didn't put themselves into the situation they are in....she did. They deserve a mother who loves, and cares enough about them to put them first.

Des

top topics

join