It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS seems to have an influx of Trolls...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
....just an observation......so, I repeat this VERY pertinent thread.....:

Trolling, And What To Do About It

A great guide.....wish it were followed a bit more............

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I don't think they are trolls. More likely government shills/stooges that purposely attempt to derail discussions that they don't want to continue.

I've noticed an increase in this activity during the past few weeks.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
....just an observation......so, I repeat this VERY pertinent thread.....:

Trolling, And What To Do About It

A great guide.....wish it were followed a bit more............

Or government grunt trolls have been lurkers here on ATS for years and are now being switched on.

They know that the people know too much now and they are all afraid.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
honestly, the trolls dont bother me, i can constantly catch them with their own words, then when theyre caught they try to twist YOUR words, thats when i tune em out

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

"Government" trolls??

Come on.....actual government people would NOT be so obvious....I'm referring to those who are.......('obvious')....usually, kids.....Hey !! THAT is the 'nature' of the Internet, noways.

POINT IS: What to do about it???

I have questions....are there answers? I hope those 'smarter' than me might come up with some...answers......

....this is only my "quest"......

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

You now your paranoid when you think the Government even gives a toss enough to send "stooges" to derail a thread on ATS about a fuzzy pic or reptilian overlords...

BTW, that pic of yours is scary. Looks like Simon Cowel on steroids..

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

honestly, the trolls dont bother me

Yes, "HomerinNC"...you are a member of ATS that I have learned to respect.....BUT...

.....when trolls DISRUPT a thread....OK, it's then up to the Staff, I know, I know.....but 'some' trolls are so clever, they learn to sift through the T&Cs......in a way that.....the stafff "cannot" slam the "Ban Hammer" on them....THIS is what's frustrating.....oh, wait...THAT is what the trolls "want"!!

(lol)..
OK....done here.

EXCEPT...once more, "Majic's take on "trolls":

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Don't 'feed' them....)....just refer back to the THREAD by Super-MOd 'Majic"....'nuff said.

(and sorry :'Majic' ....your are not just a "SUPER-MOD"....you are an "ADMINISTRATOR....so, my apologies for not recognizing that, right off!!

(PS..and NO!! I am NOT kissing anyone's....well you know!!! I'm NOT!!)
edit on Thu 26 April 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I'm not paranoid. I just know that I've seen such a huge amount of effort put into derailments. The kind of effort that an ordinary Joe Citizen wouldn't bother putting into trolling. A site like ATS is a threat to TPTB because it wakes people up.

Yes, the guy in my avatar is the result of Lou Ferrigno's DNA being mixed with Simon Cowell's. He can rip a phone book in half AND talent scout like a beast.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by HomerinNC

honestly, the trolls dont bother me

Yes, "HomerinNC"...you are a member of ATS that I have learned to respect.....BUT...

.....when trolls DISRUPT a thread....OK, it's then up to the Staff, I know, I know.....but 'some' trolls are so clever, they learn to sift through the T&Cs......in a way that.....the stafff "cannot" slam the "Ban Hammer" on them....THIS is what's frustrating.....oh, wait...THAT is what the trolls "want"!!

(lol)..
OK....done here.

EXCEPT...once more, "Majic's take on "trolls":

"Don't 'feed' them....)....just refer back to the THREAD by Super-MOd 'Majic"....'nuff said.

(and sorry :'Majic' ....your are not just a "SUPER-MOD"....you are an "ADMINISTRATOR....so, my apologies for not recognizing that, right off!!

(PS..and NO!! I am NOT kissing anyone's....well you know!!! I'm NOT!!)
edit on Thu 26 April 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

Could we get an example of what
this means? I do not want to get *trolled*.
I have noticed people trying to make
threads off the topic, does that make
a troll? examples please examples

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
I don't think they are trolls. More likely government shills/stooges that purposely attempt to derail discussions that they don't want to continue.

I've noticed an increase in this activity during the past few weeks.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

It seems quite ironic that a master troller initiated this thread, and you're responding as if this troller/gov shill is the innocent one that's complaining about trollers!

Sorry you fell into his trap.

.....Have another try, proud bird!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by stumason

I'm not paranoid. I just know that I've seen such a huge amount of effort put into derailments. The kind of effort that an ordinary Joe Citizen wouldn't bother putting into trolling. A site like ATS is a threat to TPTB because it wakes people up.

Yes, the guy in my avatar is the result of Lou Ferrigno's DNA being mixed with Simon Cowell's. He can rip a phone book in half AND talent scout like a beast.

Oy, He's one too!
They're taking you for a ride because you responded in all sincerity.

Don't fall for this one!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I agree.... Especially since DHS came out w/ those list of words that alert their kill team to start recording certain web-sites & thier activities.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
LOL I knew eventually Obama was gonna be blamed.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I have to agree. Its not just ATS though its all conspiracy boards. The government know they are losing the information war and have employed many trolls to infiltrate boards in an attempt to discredit truthful info.

What you need to do is get inside thier heads and screw them up. Its not too difficult, I have upset many trolls im my time and silenced them. Fear not, the truth is on our side my friend

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Now be nice to trolls... you don't have to feed them but they are good for business

After all who do you think clicks on all those ads that ATS makes a living on?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Sometimes the wrong people get called trolls, and that is even more frustrating than the actual trolls.

Proudbird, if you do see a troll, or a suspected troll, just report it. Let a mod look into it and make a decision.

However, it is not always so easy. Something you might perceive as being a troll post or thread, others might see as something different.

Fact is trolls are everywhere, not just under bridges, and we must learn to cope with them, and live with them.

vvv

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Whats the definition of Irony?

If this comment is trolling ,then so be it .Priceless piece of reverse psychology but ultimately transparent

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Seeing that we cannot have a discussion without the insults and name-calling...

Thread closed.

top topics

join