It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mach 10 flying Disk!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This craft will supposedly go Mach 10 and go up 75 miles without the use of rockets!

If someone knows how this works please explain it to me in detail, Its the only X-Prize contestant that isn't using rockets.

I dont understand where its getting its propulsion from.

X-Prize Flying Disk

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Wow that looks sweet!

It says it uses "blastwave pulse jets" whatever they are. My guess would be something akin to a PDE.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I like the laser powered discs better, they dont have any engine at all, heh.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   

It says it uses "blastwave pulse jets" whatever they are. My guess would be something akin to a PDE.

there basically sound waves ( Yeah,coz i really know what im talking about)
I want one of those things and im not sharing it with anyone!!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The disk is not designed to provide propulsion whilst in space only to achieve a very high velocity in earths atmosphere and then rely on inertia to fly the rest of the way.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I believe this ship design will utilise the coanda effect to gain efficiency and extra lift check the links below to learn more or just google it as there is tons of info on this subject:

www.angelfire.com...
www.fact-index.com...
abcasiapacific.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
wow that thing's NEAT

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo3
The disk is not designed to provide propulsion whilst in space only to achieve a very high velocity in earths atmosphere and then rely on inertia to fly the rest of the way.

Well yeah, I knew it doesn't get any propulsion while in space, I read some of your links,
its kinda confusing though.

I think the only way I will be able to understand this, is to see it fly, so I hope they dont stop working on it just because they wont get the 10 million.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
HOTT with two t's. i always love creative approaches to already interesting ideas.

i cant for the life of me figure out where they got the inspiration, though.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sure is a pretty pcture, but what are they using to disperse the heat from moving through air at 7,140mph?

Won't they kinda melt down first?

new topics

top topics

join