It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm writing about the killer of sustainability, MONSANTO !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Im currently researching and writing a paper regarding the future of the earth and the need for our development models to incorporate more sustainable practices. In our pursuit of a sustainable planet and a healthy planet there are many obstacles, one of the largest is GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) corporation Monsanto. Thus far I have found a couple points which shows that the company directly goes against many agroecological ideologies; PCBs (Polychlorinated Biphenyls ), patenting of sterile seeds, and their push of monocrops. I bring this to ATS because I hold your opinions very high, and see this community as one that has various opinions, facts and points of argument I may not considered. The bulk of my research is coming from this site..

bestmeal.info...

I've crossed checked it and most of it seems to check out. My argument will be formulated in this way ...
Intro- Importance of Sustainability and the Monsanto Threat.
Body 1 - Brief History of Monsanto
Body 2 - Patenting of Seeds and the Attack on Small Farms
Body 3 - PCBs and Other Poisons
Body 4 - Bee Collapse and its Effect on Agriculture
Body 5 - Politicians and their GMO Pals
Conclusion - Wrapping up Monsanto Impact and Possible Ways to Counteract

Im attempting to connect all of Monsanto's negative impacts in one cohesive piece, tackling major aspects in a broad sense while still staying close to the subject. Please give feedback, counter arguments, or anything which you feel pertains to this(even things i should research).
edit on 25-4-2012 by WordPlayJAy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WordPlayJAy

Sounds like it should be a good paper. Hopefully you can link it to us when you're done with it.

Possible Ways to Counteract

That's the part I'm most interested in.

The 2 biggest ways to counteract that I see are:

Community Gardens - Join one or make your own

And simply spreading the word.

It's amazing how other countries have banned their gmo seeds. Europeans know better than to allow that crap yet Americans blissfully gobble it down.

Monsanto has a big reach ..... I think it will be tough to overcome but definitely doable.

I bet 90% of lawns in America fertilize and kill weeds with good ol Monsanto made chemicals. They basically have a monopoly.

edit on 25-4-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)
edit on 25-4-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I suspect this thread is in the wrong forum?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

I think it's a good fit for this forum.

Here is a little blurb from Monsanto's website.

In addition, the company has worked with academics to review the potential risks and opportunities of climate change on agriculture, and is focused on delivering innovative products and advanced farming techniques that can help both mitigate the effects of climate change and enable farmers to adapt to changing conditions.”

"Climate Innovation" is a nice way of saying Geo-Engineering.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

While i agree there maybe other forums that are suitable, this forum seems to be flooded with only chemtrail threads and i would like a somewhat related topic to disrupt the stagnation. however, if a mod feels it should be changed i humbly accept.

Monsanto is everything, and many of their pesticides/chemicals are sprayed via air and their use of nanotechnology is abundant also.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WordPlayJAy
reply to post by Uncinus

While i agree there maybe other forums that are suitable, this forum seems to be flooded with only chemtrail threads

Well it is a chemtrail forum after all.....

Monsanto is everything,

not even close, and not even in jest!!

and many of their pesticides/chemicals are sprayed via air and their use of nanotechnology is abundant also.

As are many chemicals from other companies, and as many other companies do respectively.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is a helpful website
Corporatewatch.org

and this www.organicconsumers.org...

There are a few other large Corporations who also develop GMO crops and pesticides.

They are :

Monsanto aka Pfizer/Pharmacia/Solutia

Bayer Crop-Science/Aventis

Syngenta AG

Dow Agro-Sciences

Dupont Pioneer Hi-bred

GMO liability threats for farmers

Please look into Atrazine made by Syngenta

edit on 4/26/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/26/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Interesting interview about GMO's from PrisonPlanet

top topics

join