It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a "Paid Shill"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

These fringe topics will never gain any kind of legitimacy as long as people will jump on every video of an orb or every rock that looks like Sasquatch as proof of the unexplained.

I so agree to that!

I got started on ATS because it was one of the ONLY places talking about 9/11 -- and I didn't want to feel insane that when I looked at a building collapse at near free-fall speed -- the physics professor I can't shut up inside my head tells me; "that's not possible without something destroying the structure as it falls -- like a demolition."

The frustration is; that once people believe their is a conspiracy -- they tend to throw EVERYTHING at it, and the people who want to maintain the status quo, will go after the weakest, strangest argument and discredit the rest. Any conspiracy theory is only as strong as it's weakest thought.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I try my best not to believe in too many things. Belief is based on faith.

I strive to attempt to know things, although in most cases it is impossible, at least I don't feel like I am blind wandering around the in the dark.

My solution to being overwhelmed by beliefs, is to question them.
Why do I think such-and-such?
Are there any other alternative possibilities?
Do I really know for sure, or am I merely assuming the info others shared was true?

Question your beliefs in order to conquer them. After some hard work, one can begin to discard beliefs and replace them with knowledge.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I try my best not to believe in too many things. Belief is based on faith.

I strive to attempt to know things, although in most cases it is impossible, at least I don't feel like I am blind wandering around the in the dark.

My solution to being overwhelmed by beliefs, is to question them.
Why do I think such-and-such?
Are there any other alternative possibilities?
Do I really know for sure, or am I merely assuming the info others shared was true?

Question your beliefs in order to conquer them. After some hard work, one can begin to discard beliefs and replace them with knowledge.

And when there are no answers, deal with the mystery...instead of making a bunch of chit up.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
These are best quotes from the opening post. People please remember them.

1.) Instead what we're doing now is spending countless time and resources arguing over cases and evidence that in the end don't matter.

3.) So why do we spend all this time arguing over something that doesn't matter?

3.) This in turn just makes the conspiracy community as a whole look crazy and any data that is presented later will be seen as less in the eyes of the public.

4.) However, if we start weeding out those things that have mundane explanations and only presenting those things that are truly unexplained the public might actually begin to see that things aren't what they seem.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

To argue with facts, logic, and genuine belief is one thing, but to argue for the "conventional explanation" just for the sake of arguing amounts to trolling, and if that's the case with you, then you deserve to be called a shill and a troll.

Not saying this is you, but if you are constantly being labeled a paid shill then most likely you don't really believe your own argument, and it shows. In that case, no matter how much you try to convince yourself that you're contributing logic to the conversation, you're not. You are nothing more than a distraction and every bit a shill, albeit an unpaid one.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalBinoculars

And when there are no answers, deal with the mystery...instead of making a bunch of chit up.

Right I agree. Face the mystery head-on and deal with it.

However most people seem to react with cowardice and deny it, refuse to acknowledge it even exists.
Probably because the revelation of the truth would crush their "belief system".

That's why trying to avoid developing belief systems is beneficial, because they consistently attempt to override your ability to process new information and come up with alternative possibilities.

A belief system will prove to be the biggest stumbling block to attempting to find the truth.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by AlchemicalBinoculars

Right I agree. Face the mystery head-on and deal with it.

However most people seem to react with cowardice and deny it, refuse to acknowledge it even exists.
Probably because the revelation of the truth would crush their "belief system".

That's why trying to avoid developing belief systems is beneficial, because they consistently attempt to override your ability to process new information and come up with alternative possibilities.

A belief system will prove to be the biggest stumbling block to attempting to find the truth.

Problem is that the majority of people I personally know, and on ATS, have to have answers, closure. God-in-a-box.

I don't understand this but psychologists claim it is a deep underscoring of helplessness and insecurity. I dunno all I can say is it absolutely amazes me.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by AlchemicalBinoculars

Let's face it most of the theories on here have gaping holes in them. If the skeptics and the believers work together they could identify these holes and then begin on making the theory stronger. Who knows maybe they'll eventually discover some kind of truth. This doesn't get accomplished by simply screaming back and forth at each other.

This x 100^

I frequent the paranormal section more than any other, and this is a huge problem in there. I personally believe in a wide variety of paranormal phenomena, but I have standards. It seems like many people lack standards when it comes to what they believe.

Even when someone is called out in a thread in the paranormal section, when proof of them lying is right up front, or proof of them being wrong is right up front, they throw the "Skeptic" and "Debunker" arguments up. And this isn't just for people who reply with "Pshhh, that's so fake." It applies to people who are using logic and critical thinking to come to their conclusions.

I've participated in a few threads in which the majority of the posters just want to get in their and post their cliche response to whatever the OP has posted, which usually equates to them feeding their need for attention and reinforcing that they are special. They hardly ever bother to keep up with what's going on in the thread. For example, a recent thread I participated in:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Quite shocked they thought this would work. And even more shocked that people starred some of his posts where he tried to defend himself after being called out. It seems like I end up in a thread like that every once in a while, where people post something and want everyone to agree with them, and then get butt hurt when someone calls them out or questions them. Then they'll argue unimportant or irrelevant points, and ultimately leave the thread acting like it's everyone else who has a problem instead of them. This kind of attitude needs to be combated vehemently on a forum like this, where the subjects we post about are on loose footing to begin with.

And this, this is so true.

"These fringe topics will never gain any kind of legitimacy as long as people will jump on every video of an orb or every rock that looks like Sasquatch as proof of the unexplained. "

I started a thread a while back that is similar to this one but focused specifically on the problems within the online paranormal communities. If any of you guys are interested, here it is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If I could give you 100 stars I would, Xcalibur254.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

My thoughts are that you get a star and flag for speaking to common sense and reason.

I doubt any of us will ever agree on all subjects, but regardless if the evidence can't sway us one way or the other on any given topic, falling back to emotion or lack of honest analysis does no one any good, even when challenged directly or unkindly.

Well said, friend.

A star and a flag for what? For something to talk about? Everyone by now should realize why disclosure does not happen. The advanced UFO technology was paid for in blood. And that technology will not be allowed to help humanity until that debt is paid back to the one who paid for it to begin with. Ever heard the saying if I told you I woud have to kill you.Just reverse that saying and you get the idea If I told you I would be killing myself.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOOWNER

Everyone by now should realize why disclosure does not happen. The advanced UFO technology was paid for in blood. And that technology will not be allowed to help humanity until that debt is paid back to the one who paid for it to begin with.

Jesus?

ver heard the saying if I told you I woud have to kill you.Just reverse that saying and you get the idea If I told you I would be killing myself.

Makes sense.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well said Op. It's a shame that some folks aren't equipped with the necessary tools to discuss this without anger and belligerence.
edit on 26-4-2012 by MobiusShaun because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2012 by MobiusShaun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MobiusShaun

Wow, I am only a few pages in, and hope to never see your writings ever again.

He's a bit of a tool allrghty right.
edit on 26-4-2012 by raggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by raggin

Originally posted by MobiusShaun

Wow, I am only a few pages in, and hope to never see your writings ever again.

He's a bit of a tool allrghty right.
edit on 26-4-2012 by raggin because: (no reason given)

Hey, can't please all the peeps.

Easy enough, do as I do, When scrolling down posts, look at the avatars. Mine is unique...on purpose. See avatar, skip post.

If you need more detailed instructions, please U2U. TIA.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ooooh, okay....
So you all refused a perfectly good response to the unnecessary vitriol that is spewing forth from a myriad of (insert pretentious noun/adjective here) which I attempted to address in order to bring things to a conclusive.....conclusion.

Okay. New subject.
If all women gave up their jobs and stayed home to have children, there would be more jobs available for the male dominated work industry to take and would therefore help us to advance from our current state of recession, decay, personal self doubt and existential impotence and redress the balance of national identity and vision.
Discuss.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If all women gave up their jobs and stayed home to have children, there would be more jobs available for the male dominated work industry to take and would therefore help us to advance from our current state of recession, decay, personal self doubt and existential impotence and redress the balance of national identity and vision. Discuss.
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

Hmm...I'm not sure how I feel about that

Does this involve UFO's or Jews in anyway?
Is there a connection between flying saucers and zionism?
I think we need to be told

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Hmm...I'm not sure how I feel about that Does this involve UFO's or Jews in anyway? Is there a connection between flying saucers and zionism? I think we need to be told

WHAT???????
Sorry mate, you've lost the plot.
I aint sure what you're getting at, but it sure aint landing in my back yard.
Namaste.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Will someone PLEASE shut this shill up and give someone else a chance to speak.
Enough already.....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Will someone PLEASE shut this shill up and give someone else a chance to speak. Enough already.....

WHY are you still here, dude?
Oh, wait....

My wife got angry and upset with me the other day because I wouldn't be a gentleman and open the car door for her.

Mind you, I was trying to swim to the surface at the time...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

I'd say you and I have a lot in common.
The only difference is that I have seen a couple of the things you are still waiting to see.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by raggin

Everyone by now should realize why disclosure does not happen. The advanced UFO technology was paid for in blood. And that technology will not be allowed to help humanity until that debt is paid back to the one who paid for it to begin with.

Jesus? Yes and the one it is owed to has a nice symbol in the lines of the palm of his right hand the symbol looks like a spinning toy top a star and a tornado all combined into one. I am going to try and get a good photo of it to place under my name on ATS

ver heard the saying if I told you I woud have to kill you.Just reverse that saying and you get the idea If I told you I would be killing myself.

Makes sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join