Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Originally posted by xZodiacx
reply to post by OptimusSubprime
You should not make law enforcement your enemy, as they may be the ones who save your life one day. Police officers do much more than we think behind
the scenes. Ya a lot of officers are corrupt, but who's to say they are our enemy?! They do protect us and they do help us in many ways. Who would
you call in an emergency if not for police? No one. That's why they are supposed to be there. Unfortunately, yes, they have become corrupt in many
ways, but we still need them...
1) I, and I alone choose who my enemies are.
2) I will never call the police for anything, and I do mean anything. If they save my life it will be because I am unable to refuse their service
due to being incapacitated.
3) Cops do not protect us. If you need the police to protect you then you are a helpless human being. A cops sole purpose is to arrest you, and
they will look for any reason to do so.
4) It depends on the emergency... medical I call an ambulance. Fire I call the fire department. Intruder breaking into my house, I grab my AR-15 or
Mossberg 12 gauge and make a big mess all over my living room floor, and then I call the police to come get the dead guy(s) off of my carpet.
I can't think of one reason why I would ever need the police. They have become a menace to society.
Well lets see here, so many things wrong with this post, let me address them by the numbers you listed.
1) Fair enough, you are correct, you can choose any enemy you wish I will not disagree.
2) Even if you do not personally call the police there is still a very good chance that they may save your life of the life of a family member one
day, and they will do so because it THEIR JOB, and they will expect no "thank you's" or "atta boys" from you. It's all in a day's work for
3) If you truly believe a cops sole purpose is to arrest you then you are sadly misinformed. If you or anyone else calls the police to say that
there is a gun-wielding maniac at your door trying to kill you, then when the cops show up they will indeed do everything they can to SAVE YOU from
being injured or killed. They would not be there to arrest you.
4) All valid points, but just because you are armed and can handle things yourself does not mean that your neighbor is, or your friend is, or your
mother is if you get my point.
Granted my opinions are going to be biased, I have been in Law Enforcement for 12 years and I can assure you that our job is not to just go around
arresting as many people as we can. Our job is designed for the safety of the public. Sometimes that means arresting people, sometimes that means
getting shot at in order to save the life of an innocent civilian.
It's so sad that we get hardly any respect from anybody anymore. Yes I know there are bad cops, just as there are bad teachers, bad fireman, bad
politicians. They come in every occupation. You may not like what a cop represents, but just know that if you were out in a public setting and gun
fire opened up between 2 rival gangs for instance, you would have the choice and option to run away from that gunfire. We as cops do not have that
choice(even when we are off duty) we must run towards that gunfire(wiilingly putting ourself in harm's way) because it is OUR JOB TO PROTECT THE