It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Nice Cop...They are still out there

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A young mentally disable man pokes at a sheriff, yanks and uses his walkie talkie, hugs and kisses his head and the cop remains cool calm and collected. Now this is a feel good video that we all so do need these day's. I loved this, it reminded me not to generalize all cops as we all can do when we watch the news and get constant bad and depressing information.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

It seems in just about ALL scenerios there will be the good and the bad, so 1 agrees there are still some good policia its just they are overwhelmed by the many who may not be of good nature who just wish to gain power over social locations.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing this. It's great to be reminded that we hear about the bad ones because they make news. If it bleeds it leads and a badge doubles the headline size.

The good ones like your video show are nice to see now and then. They don't make news of course, so it's hard to remember they are there right next to the bad ones.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yes there are nice police, just as there are nice politicians (RON PAUL!), nice Muslims, nice people in general. Every profession has a good side and bad side, no matter where in the World you look. I have a friend who's father is a local police officer and he is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. In his own words: "I am here to enforce the LAW and ensure safety, not to ruin peoples days by giving speeding tickets." This guy gives more warnings than he does tickets. He is all about awareness of the laws, not the money involved with the law enforcement "industry".

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
There are plenty of decent people who become police officers. The problem is when police agencies receive too much control and too little accountability, which draws in the crowds that are not looking to help the public, but satisfy their own ego.

Just like the TSA attracts some pretty twisted people, just like the Vatican attracts people who would prey off children. No accountability causes problems....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Cop or mall security guard? There may be "good cops" out there, but they are complicit in the usurptation of our civil liberties by virtue of the fact that they choose to remain employed as cops. They are still my enemy.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

A young mentally disable man pokes at a sheriff, yanks and uses his walkie talkie, hugs and kisses his head and the cop remains cool calm and collected.

Actually, after watching the video, this is the one time I would condone police abuse...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

You should not make law enforcement your enemy, as they may be the ones who save your life one day. Police officers do much more than we think behind the scenes. Ya a lot of officers are corrupt, but who's to say they are our enemy?! They do protect us and they do help us in many ways. Who would you call in an emergency if not for police? No one. That's why they are supposed to be there. Unfortunately, yes, they have become corrupt in many ways, but we still need them...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yea it's sad that I have to post this video and saying it's a nice cop video when in reality the bad ones should be the far and few in between. We just have to remember like was said there is good and bad in everything. MSM only shows the bad...never good.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Pol Pot had some nice guys on his side too.

The problem isnt with individual officers. The problem is with the institution of law enforcement (and vicariously the politicians who make the laws) as a whole.

Good on him for not pummeling the kid within an inch of his life and charging him with assaulting an officer...I guess. Sad that is a thing to be acknowledged. Should be the norm.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

To add to that, do you think that just because few politicians are corrupt, do you think that they are our enemy? If so, would you suggest just getting rid of Democracy? Our World could not function properly without law enforcement.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't think we should get rid of democracy, but I do think Washington needs an Big Enema that is long overdue. The corruption in Washington and in the Justice Department has gotten so bad that it is as if the real life Game of Thrones is being played out.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Ya I agree...especially with this new thing that just passed
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Oh of course! I worked at Walgreens and while we moved from regular hours from a 24 hour store we used to get cops in all the time they were really nice and fun to talk to! Even in times were we had problems they would stay calm and collected in the various incidents eventually and not sure when and how this happened but we began to give cops employee discounts for their service. It just seems that we love to put more attention on the bad cops and not so much on the fact that for pretty much every bad there is also good. It's like the world thrives on more bad news than good so we kind of skimp over the good stuff and go for the bad to get people to say "Look at this! Look at how they are so abusive!" Well yes they are human and are susceptible to such behavior but not all...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's a real feel-good moment when a cop doesn't beat a disabled boy for poking him.

I'll still have my suspicions toward anyone seeking power to control others. There's something wrong with that intent.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Nice! I like that.
feels good to see something positive. The good cops get ever looked or they get fired for deffending the little guy.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xZodiacx

You should not make law enforcement your enemy, as they may be the ones who save your life one day. Police officers do much more than we think behind the scenes. Ya a lot of officers are corrupt, but who's to say they are our enemy?! They do protect us and they do help us in many ways. Who would you call in an emergency if not for police? No one. That's why they are supposed to be there. Unfortunately, yes, they have become corrupt in many ways, but we still need them...

1) I, and I alone choose who my enemies are.
2) I will never call the police for anything, and I do mean anything. If they save my life it will be because I am unable to refuse their service due to being incapacitated.
3) Cops do not protect us. If you need the police to protect you then you are a helpless human being. A cops sole purpose is to arrest you, and they will look for any reason to do so.
4) It depends on the emergency... medical I call an ambulance. Fire I call the fire department. Intruder breaking into my house, I grab my AR-15 or Mossberg 12 gauge and make a big mess all over my living room floor, and then I call the police to come get the dead guy(s) off of my carpet.

I can't think of one reason why I would ever need the police. They have become a menace to society.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Originally posted by xZodiacx

1) I, and I alone choose who my enemies are.
2) I will never call the police for anything, and I do mean anything. If they save my life it will be because I am unable to refuse their service due to being incapacitated.
3) Cops do not protect us. If you need the police to protect you then you are a helpless human being. A cops sole purpose is to arrest you, and they will look for any reason to do so.
4) It depends on the emergency... medical I call an ambulance. Fire I call the fire department. Intruder breaking into my house, I grab my AR-15 or Mossberg 12 gauge and make a big mess all over my living room floor, and then I call the police to come get the dead guy(s) off of my carpet.

I can't think of one reason why I would ever need the police. They have become a menace to society.

Well lets see here, so many things wrong with this post, let me address them by the numbers you listed.

1) Fair enough, you are correct, you can choose any enemy you wish I will not disagree.
2) Even if you do not personally call the police there is still a very good chance that they may save your life of the life of a family member one day, and they will do so because it THEIR JOB, and they will expect no "thank you's" or "atta boys" from you. It's all in a day's work for them.
3) If you truly believe a cops sole purpose is to arrest you then you are sadly misinformed. If you or anyone else calls the police to say that there is a gun-wielding maniac at your door trying to kill you, then when the cops show up they will indeed do everything they can to SAVE YOU from being injured or killed. They would not be there to arrest you.
4) All valid points, but just because you are armed and can handle things yourself does not mean that your neighbor is, or your friend is, or your mother is if you get my point.

Granted my opinions are going to be biased, I have been in Law Enforcement for 12 years and I can assure you that our job is not to just go around arresting as many people as we can. Our job is designed for the safety of the public. Sometimes that means arresting people, sometimes that means getting shot at in order to save the life of an innocent civilian.

It's so sad that we get hardly any respect from anybody anymore. Yes I know there are bad cops, just as there are bad teachers, bad fireman, bad politicians. They come in every occupation. You may not like what a cop represents, but just know that if you were out in a public setting and gun fire opened up between 2 rival gangs for instance, you would have the choice and option to run away from that gunfire. We as cops do not have that choice(even when we are off duty) we must run towards that gunfire(wiilingly putting ourself in harm's way) because it is OUR JOB TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Totally agreed.

All cops do is beat you to death and plant some weed in your pockets.

RIP Kelly Thomas

www.huffingtonpost.com... ll_n_911419.html

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I wish we could post this in Social Issues, but it would get moved. Apparently only stories about police bashing people are welcome there, not stories of them being kind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join