It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel military chief: Iran not pursuing nuclear weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Israel military chief: Iran not pursuing nuclear weapon

www.rawstory.com

JERUSALEM — Israel’s military chief toned down the rhetoric over Iran’s nuclear programme on Wednesday, describing the Iranian leadership as “very rational” and unlikely to take the decision to build a bomb.

Speaking to the left-leaning Haaretz newspaper, Lieutenant General Benny Gantz said Iran was systematically approaching the point at which it would be able to decide on whether to build a bomb, but had not yet made that decision.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
As has long been reported, Iran is no where near having a nuke, or even choosing to make them.

On top of this we see Russia playing a little missle defence game with the US to try and disuade the West from attacking Iran.

I am, as many know, not a birther, and have debunked many an anti-Obama, anti-left wing thread, but believe me, if Obama attacks Iran, I'll vote for "anyone but Obama".

www.rawstory.com

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I feel so sorry for the great people of Persia. The West must lift the embargo's/sanction's and offer friendship to Iran and its people. There also needs to be a seperation between a State and its people as far as foriegn policy goes. It is demonic to punish the population of Iran. What did these poor Persains ever do to anyone?

Its just like how the United States has punished the unfortunate people of Cuba all these years. The Pope was right on that one. Same goes for the Persians and North Korean's. The United States and the West must stop punishing these poor people.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

The West's attitude toward Iran is one of the biggest foreign policy failure's of the last 50 years...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

I am, as many know, not a birther, and have debunked many an anti-Obama, anti-left wing thread, but believe me, if Obama attacks Iran, I'll vote for "anyone but Obama".

Unfortunately, Obama will attack Iran if he is re-elected. Otherwise, Warlord Romney has already promised war with Iran, so it doesn't matter who you vote for, unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
I feel so sorry for the great people of Persia. The West must lift the embargo's/sanction's and offer friendship to Iran and its people. There also needs to be a seperation between a State and its people as far as foriegn policy goes. It is demonic to punish the population of Iran. What did these poor Persains ever do to anyone?

Its just like how the United States has punished the unfortunate people of Cuba all these years. The Pope was right on that one. Same goes for the Persians and North Korean's. The United States and the West must stop punishing these poor people.

Iran and North Korea can still trade with Russia/China/India. Those countries can supply Iran and North Korea with anything they could possibly want except maybe Coca-Cola
edit on 25-4-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Iran and North Korea can still trade with Russia/China/India. Those countries can supply Iran and North Korea with anything they could possibly want except maybe Coca-Cola
edit on 25-4-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This just goes to back up what I've said countless times on these boards.

There will be no overt war between the US and Iran.
Not now, and not in the foreseeable future.

new topics

top topics

join