It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK back in recession. Double dip.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I think things are starting to look eerily like the events prior to WW1 and WW2. Prepare yourselves is all I can say.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
What are the Euro crash failsafes, if any?

Well, the UK isn't in the Euro, but if it died we would certainly feel it..

As for fail safes, there are none aside from huge bailout funds. It was never conceived it would ever fail, hence the current crisis as they don't have a plan B.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Just throw money at it it will go away.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

It's not really any of my business, but the problems and solutions are quite obvious and some posters here already expressed it very accurately:

Originally posted by Freeborn
[...] the benefit system needs an urgent and drastic overhaul. It has become a reflection of all that is both good and bad in our society.

Originally posted by splitlevel
The UK has been in decline for 30 years, due to the manufacturing industry being scrapped[...]

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
[...] look at all the countries out there, take a note on which ones are improving, which getting worse, compare demographics, manufacturing etc and decide what works.

The first point is the most obvious in my opinion.
The UKs benefit system is a joke. I'm sorry that I cannot put it more politely (and I'm not mocking here) but it really is nothing but a bad joke. Reminds me of this thread.
edit on 26-4-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Firstly I can complain because I pay my taxes and everything else this country asks of me, secondly I live in a supposedly democratic country where I have a right to vote and by democracy itself should be able to choose not to vote...........that is democracy right !!!!

If you think voting for one of the same old three parties will further your beliefs, life, lifestyle then go ahead and rightfully so vote via your democratic right to do so but please don't accuse me of been part of the sheeple as you said "think and make a decision"..................I made my decision and that was not to vote.

Wolfie
edit on 27/4/12 by Wolfie_UK because: always checking

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Wolfie_UK

Problem is matey, by not voting, your increasing the strength of those who do vote for the same old crap. At least by voting, there is a chance that if others do as well, there may be a some chance of an upset.

I'm sorry if this post is a bit off topic:

Why do you specify Labour in your profile, 'hater of labour'. How do you feel about the tories? Or even worse, the coalition?

ETA: I am in no way attacking you, just in case you thought that I was. I am peeved with all these idiots in government.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: pow wow

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I'm a paid up ED supporter. I despise Labour for what they did, but the Tories aren't exactly much higher in my list! I did vote for them in 2010 though, mainly as there was no ED candidate and secondly because out of the lot, I believed they were best placed to sort out the mess. By and large, I still think they can, but I am pulling my hair out at some of the other things they have done...

In short, the whole lot is a shower and we need a full reboot..

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Watching the debacle at Heathrow the question that springs to mind regardless of who is running / ruining the country, is these politicians put into their various jobs how come they seem so 'kin incumbent of making a decision for the good of the country???

If the majority of the workforce had the failings of only 2% of what these voted in ego tripping fill their own pockets politicians have then we would have 20 million people sacked..........yet these lot get away with so much!!!!

Wolfie

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Agreed.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join