It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Deregulation is the answer, the question must be "How can we steal even more from America?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Do we really want to turn the page back to methods that got us into so much trouble in America? Do we really want to Deregulate our country by gutting government and turning back sensible laws and practical rules and pragmatic guidelines? Do we not recall the recent troubles that are still so strongly ongoing for so many in America, where the banks and Wall Street have gained control over so much that was formerly owned by American Citizens in the form of homes and businesses? How about Clean Air, Clean Water, Safe Food and Drugs, Safe Consumer Goods, Safe Energy Extraction?

There are so many criticisms of Obama, despite all the problems he was handed after the election, that I can believe the Republicans lost the election on purpose as they knew that WHOEVER followed Bush was going to fail in many ways, to gain the respect of the public for the handling of the deep and troubling situations we have been put in by the malfeasance during the Bush era. Start TWO wars while cutting taxes? Deregulate the banking industry and Wall Street?

I can believe that McCain chose Palin because they wanted to lose. Despite her being attractive and charming, she was in no way ready for the power that could have ended up in her hands. Being governor of Alaska is like being mayor of a fairly large city, Half a million people, that's it. Little knowledge of world politics, and didn't even finish out her term. But that's beside the point...... if we elect Romney, how is it going to get better, when the type of policies he wants to enact will put us right back where we were before Obama, heading for a cliff? Can we afford to go over Another Cliff?

Regulations, if sensible and actually enforced, protect Americans. Simple as that. If they aren't sensible, they shouldn't be there, but for regulations to disappear....... this only allows the crooked and corrupt to exploit the system to disadvantage of the rest of Americans; hardworking or out of work, poor, middle class or formerly middle class, and even the rich who are not a part of the corrupt crowd. Our children deserve a future with opportunities, not just as debt slaves for the abusers.
edit on 24-4-2012 by jaxnmarko because: paragraphing

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The problem is not always with the regulations themselves.

It's the way they are or are not enforced.

It's the --> C-o-r-r-u-p-t-i-o-n

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a republic is not a democracy and the fundamental differences mean that the elect in a republic will view persons within its borders as non citizen.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Way too many regulations already
Majority of them need to be abolished

Only zombies are pro-regulation

Many people don't even really believe in regulation but they just push it for partisan reasons

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If MORE regulations are the answer, the question must be:

"How can the government steal even more from America?"

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
Do we really want to Deregulate our country by gutting government and turning back sensible laws and practical rules and pragmatic guidelines? Do we not recall the recent troubles that are still so strongly ongoing for so many in America, where the banks and Wall Street have gained control over so much that was formerly owned by American Citizens in the form of homes and businesses? How about Clean Air, Clean Water, Safe Food and Drugs, Safe Consumer Goods, Safe Energy Extraction?

Yes, we do need to deregulate our country by gutting government and turning back nonsensical laws (spilled milk is a biohazard? really?), inefficient rules (no more teaching kids how to work!), and bonehead guidelines (dust regulation...'nuff said).

There's nothing wrong with wanting clean air, water, safe food and drugs, etc. Those should be regulated. However, they're no longer just regulated, they're now dictated.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
Do we really want to turn the page back to methods that got us into so much trouble in America?

It depends on who you mean be "we".

There is such a thing as over-regulation, but the areas in which the GOP want less regulation are already rife with corruption and abuse. We could trim our regulatory budget in half by simply updating old laws and regulations and achieve better regulation for less expense to government and business, but the agenda seems centered on freeing up Wall Street to return to thier near criminal (and often outright illegal) dealings that lead to ever greater bubbles that burst and rapid transfers of wealth to the 1%.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
The problem is not always with the regulations themselves.

It's the way they are or are not enforced.

It's the --> C-o-r-r-u-p-t-i-o-n

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

Practical rules such as reported in this article: dailycaller.com... ?

The popular measure of acquiescence to current regulatory guidance is, in my opinion, a few parsecs off course. Aside from that I would rather address solutions to problems that don't exist.

edit on 25-4-2012 by Kovenov because: clarified

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The CDOs and bank dealings with them were not regulated or transparent. That seems to have worked out quite well, didn't it...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Regulation=fascism extreme right wing big government nonsense

Deregulation=liberalism left wing limited government freedom

So who believes in the free market?

Not too many it seems.
edit on 25-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Without sensible regulations I could build a nuclear waste site next to your house, or a pig farm with all the stench. I could dump chemicals into the waters that support your home or town or city. I could fly build dangerous cars, planes, toys for your children, lead filled paint, E coli in the food without penalty, let the bankers sell you mortgages you shouldn't have then take the house when you default, let me have outrageous user fees on credit card use or ATM use, have ultra high rates on your loans or credit cards, build unsafe houses, flammable clothing and bedding and so on and so on. You don't think we need regulations??????? So what keeps us safe then? When the Chinese send us pet food that kills our pets, uses lead paint and heavy metals on toys for our kids, poisoning them..... would that be okay if our own people made it and sold it? Regulations are crucial because human beings can be corrupt and criminal and have no conscience about how they treat other people. The point is, we NEED SENSIBLE AND ENFORCED REGULATIONS, and not overly burdensome and illogical regulations. There are plenty of those that need to go away, Absolutely! But letting the Foxes run the Chicken House is only asking for more trouble! Can you say Madoff? Regulations are for protecting us, when used correctly, and trust me, we Need Protection! Or would you like that nuclear waste site next door to you?

edit on 25-4-2012 by jaxnmarko because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join