It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Trip to New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hi you all,

just came across these marvelous pictures that I want to share with you.
The pictures are made in New York during the first 40 years of the 20th century.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

When I look a these pictures I wish time travel was possible.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this! Great find!
I like the one of the workers hanging off the bridge, WOW

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

I really do like it when these threads appear. I like you, wish it were possible to go back. I wouldn't even want to interact with the past, just be an observer.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Good find. This city has a lot of history and an awesome skyline! When i look at the NY skyline, it always amazes me how so many magnificent structures could be built by man. Looking at these photos its even more amazing that they were building them a 100 years ago, and at equal or even quicker pace than today.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

dont feel back about the time travel thing.
you couldv'e caught the pox,
and died of consumption

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
As a lifetime resident of Manhattan I always enjoy looking at pictures like those.

I was very excited when I heard about these photos but NYC Dept. of Records website has been overwhelmed since the announcement so I haven't been able to see any other than those posted in articles.

For me personally, I absolutely love the shots that show our current infrastructure being built... for example the picture of the Manhattan Bridge tower being put up.

Also, the abundance of elevated tracks in those days (which thank goodness were all moved underground) really gave Manhattan a different look.

While I do find the shots fascinating I don't think I would have wanted to live back then... people tend to think that the past had cleaner air etc. The opposite is true. The smokestacks, factories, people burning their garbage... the noisy elevated trains... Maybe a quick visit... not a move.

new topics

top topics

join