It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radar signature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
can anyone tell me something about this?????? because i understoud that all stealth planes for example do leave one or something?!

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 187onu
can anyone tell me something about this?????? because i understoud that all stealth planes for example do leave one or something?!

its where the radar bounces off the plane, everything has a radar sig. now stealth makes it bounce away from the craft aka makeing some little ones , not very noticeble ones but still there or makes it glide over it yet still makes a few small ones as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
A "Radar Signature" is not the reflection itself but the specific waveform of the radar reflection.

Just like everyone has a different thumbprint, each type of aircraft has a specific "signature", and computer analysis of the signature can tell a radar op what type of aircraft he/she is seeing on the scope.

"Radar signature" should not be confused with "radar cross section", aka RCS.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
A "Radar Signature" is not the reflection itself but the specific waveform of the radar reflection.

Just like everyone has a different thumbprint, each type of aircraft has a specific "signature", and computer analysis of the signature can tell a radar op what type of aircraft he/she is seeing on the scope.

"Radar signature" should not be confused with "radar cross section", aka RCS.

ah well i was close, mabye not but i tried.
listen to intergurl, 187onu she kens about this stealthy stuff.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
^WTF............................................................................................................................
:d n:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

^WTF............................................................................................................................
:d n:

what?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

listen to intergurl, 187onu she kens about this stealthy stuff.

WTF is this suppose to mean?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

listen to intergul. she knows about aircraft and stealth. what did you think it meant?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
oh never mind
, i see what you mean now
!

so intergul go on.............

btw another thing, back in the 60's or something like that the russians for instance weren't able to calculate the angles of the stealth fighter and B2, but a long time has pasted so now they prolly can calculate it right?
so they should be able to detect it somehow, no???????

[edit on 29-9-2004 by 187onu]

[edit on 29-9-2004 by 187onu]

E_T

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

listen to intergul. she knows about aircraft and stealth. what did you think it meant?

Yeah, it's easy to understand...

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk...

RCS means how well plane (or anything) will show in radar.

The radar cross section (RCS) of a target is the projected area that would intercept the transmitted signal and reflect isotropically an amount that produces the returned signal at the receiver. In other words, radar cross section provides an indication of how well a given target reflects radar energy. With these ideas in mind, it is not surprising that the physical area of a target is normally greater than the radar cross section because some the incident energy is scattered and absorbed by the target. Use of radar absorbent material (RAM) and specific shapes and angles helps to minimise the radar cross section. Target aspect also changes the radar cross section markedly...
www.argospress.com...

radar signature: 1. The detailed waveform of a detected radar echo. Note: Radar signatures may be used to identify or distinguish among objects, i.e., targets, such as aircraft, decoys, missiles with warheads, and chaff. [From Weik '89] 2. The detailed characteristics of a radar transmission. Note: Radar signatures based upon emission analysis may be used to identify or distinguish among specific radar types.[/url]
www.its.bldrdoc.gov...

join