It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil actor playing Judas dies from accidental hanging

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Brazil actor playing Judas dies from accidental hanging

www.bbc.co.uk

Tiago Klimeck, 27, was enacting the suicide of Judas during the performance on Good Friday in the city of Itarare.

The actor was hanging for four minutes before fellow performers realised something was wrong.

Klimeck was taken to hospital suffering from cerebral hypoxia but died on Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I know many cases when actors playing Judas and the other members of the crucifixion suddenly died for no reason.
so do not be surprised when it happened again.
more surprising that people repeat the mistakes of others over and over again
re-enacting the scene in which Judas commits suicide in repentance for his betrayal of Jesus Christ.

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There is no way that I believe that. The reason the people playing Judas die so much is because TPTB are not having them murdered. I don't believe he died accidentally.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Good friday? how long ago was that? a month

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
There is no way that I believe that. The reason the people playing Judas die so much is because TPTB are not having them murdered. I don't believe he died accidentally.

Unfortunately.. accidents do happen. In some cases they even cause death. There's absolutely no reason, as far as I can see anyway, to suggest that this person acting out this scene was physically murdered.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yes, because the tentacles of conspiracy reach theaters across the world, and god forbid that people watch a piece of art that has been portrayed for centuries in the Bible.

Seriously, some people seem to be detached from reality.

These guys were doing a theater version of "the Passion of Christ". Accidents happen. The same way in almost every movie a stuntman gets hurt while doing a car chase or jumping out of a window.

The only reason why this is news is because, 1- he died, and second, he died in a very freaky way. It was an accidental hanging. Something went wrong with the preparation of the gear used to simulate the hanging.

Give people some respect.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

I know many cases when actors playing Judas and the other members of the crucifixion suddenly died for no reason.
so do not be surprised when it happened again.
more surprising that people repeat the mistakes of others over and over again
re-enacting the scene in which Judas commits suicide in repentance for his betrayal of Jesus Christ.

www.bbc.co.uk

please share with us the long long and distinguished list of actors dying on set playing Jesus and Judas

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

They're too convenient, and too charged with judgment issues. Not at all likely this was an accident. And apparently this has happened many times before, apparently playing Judas is a dangerous role to take on. The odds are slim in my books that this was an accident.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The actor was hanging for four minutes before fellow performers realised something was wrong.
Obviously, they're all idiots. The dead one, and all of the fellow performers.

Stupid people always do stupid things that get themselves hurt. Not sure how this is in any way 'Breaking News', but I do find it amusing, so thanks nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

This actually happens more than people realize, especially around Halloween. There was an incident a few years ago, where the person actually hung (dead) for days before people realized that it wasnt a prop.
The case was filed under "M" for Moron.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Stupid people always do stupid things that get themselves hurt. Not sure how this is in any way 'Breaking News', but I do find it amusing, so thanks nonetheless.

Someone died and It's "Amusing"? Well, I have to disagree. It's not funny at all.

It doesn't make anyone "stupid" either in my opinion. I dare say you don't know the true circumstances of what really happened here, how he died exactly, what the other actors were doing or focusing on at the time, how much of a struggle took place, and so on. It's not right nor is it fair to call them stupid for what took place.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

They're too convenient

Really? To who?

and too charged with judgment issues.

No, it wasn't. Brazil is a very religious country. And not many people have money to buy DVD's or go to the movies, so many movies are translated into theater plays.

This was the case. He was playing Judas in "The Passion of Christ" (yes, the same one that was a movie). It's the only access this people have to art. Low-budget reenactments.

Not at all likely this was an accident.

Proof?

And apparently this has happened many times before, apparently playing Judas is a dangerous role to take on.

Yes, apparently hanging yourself, even when pretending, isn't very safe. I thought that hanging was healthy for your neck, you know, with all the stretching.

Who would knew that Judas hanged himself?....

The odds are slim in my books that this was an accident.

I'm glad the world doesn't use your books for odds.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You may not believe me but it constantly happens

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
For all those people are saying this constantly happens - can you provide us with a list of links and cases.

I'm struggling to understand why people would want an actor dead? Unless you're saying 'god' did it?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Someone died and It's "Amusing"?
Not usually. In this particular case though, yes, to me it kinda was.

Originally posted by Rising Against

It doesn't make anyone "stupid" either in my opinion. I dare say you don't know the true circumstances of what really happened here, how he died exactly, what the other actors were doing or focusing on at the time, how much of a struggle took place, and so on. It's not right nor is it fair to call them stupid for what took place.
Obviously, some better decisions could have been made.

Police are investigating the apparatus that was meant to support Klimeck.
[color=E9FFD6]It appears the knot may have been wrongly tied.

Ж

An intelligent person would not allow someone to tie a rope around their neck, and then jump, without first inspecting the entire apparatus, in order to be 100% sure that everything was put together correctly, by using the proper knots and other necessary safety precautions.

The one whom is jumping with a rope tied around their neck, should be in total control of the situation. Apparently he wasn't.

Personally, I don't think these contain anything too graphic, but.......

[color=FF470F]WARNING: The following images could possibly be considered as being of a graphic nature. Those with weak stomachs and weaker minds, may not want to click the lil thumby links to see the slightly larger version of these images.

www.cnn.com...

edit on 4/24/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/24/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

It happened in another South American country about 10 years ago.

On a slightly related note, there was a church in North Carolina that had 12 trees out front named for the 12 apostles. The Judas tree was struck by lightning.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Obviously, they're all idiots. The dead one, and all of the fellow performers.

Why is it amusing, he would have been playing dead if he actually wasn't. Something had gone wrong with the harness underneath his clothes that would have supported him.

You really find it amusing that an actor died in this way? Look around for a sign that says 'get a life' and follow it.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Well if you're going to tie a rope around your neck, with not enough supporting your body, you would die, wouldn't you?

Not every thing is a conspiracy, not every thing is mysterious. Some logic will go along way.

That's like saying , some one was playing with a real gun, shot themselves and died....

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Originally posted by something wicked

Why is it amusing,
Why not? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, regardless of whether or not it is the same opinion as is shared by the majority of others.

I opened this thread. I read the OP. I laughed. So be it. It is what it is. Some people find certain things to be humorous, while others may be appalled by it.

Does the "Why?" really matter? Even if I did know exactly why, you wouldn't wanna know anyways, so why even bother to ask why? Now that is a much more important "Why?" that you may want to ponder.

.....he would have been playing dead if he actually wasn't.
He actually wasn't. There is no 'IF'.

Look around for a sign that says 'get a life' and follow it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Why not? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, regardless of whether or not it is the same opinion as is shared by the majority of others.

Yes they are, you're exactly right there.. And it's also for that reason why we're allowed to openly disagree with you here too - Something you seem to be forgetting about It seems. See, In my opinion laughing at someone's death is just plain wrong and just disgusting, especially in this case.

That's just me though, but I think I see life as a bit more important than some others I guess. At the end of the day though this is just another everyday person, It's someone's son, someone's brother perhaps, someone's best friend even. And he died in an accident too. Certainly not something that should be mocked or laughed at really.

I opened this thread. I read the OP. I laughed. So be it. It is what it is. Some people find certain things to be humorous, while others may be appalled by it.

With utmost respect of course but I really think you need to take a closer look at what you really did there, just really think about it..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join