It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 20, 2012 - A Significant Date

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

wow, are you really that dense or just pretending ??

i have no shame in sharing an internationally published notification.
where you got the idea that i am

pushing a story which does not appear to be true
sure has me baffled.

Do you need a scope to determine if the Moon is full or new?
yes and no.
full moons are kinda viewable but not clearly (can't see the shadows or craters anymore), phases have to be confirmed by another person (or scope).
new moons are usually easier to detect as the overall darkness is apparent.
[although, clouds are making that determination more difficult each year]

look, i am not making excuses, i am nearly blind.
drs anticipated legal blindness 5yrs ago, but i'm not there, yet.

i have difficulty spotting Orion let alone any other constellations. (with naked eyes)
thanks for your cooperation though, so noted.

Seeing a planet clearly is not necessary to determine if it is where the quatrain claims.
2 things are very wrong with this one statement.
1) seeing more than one planet is necessary to complete said task.
2) since NO planet is currently positioned as it will be at 20 degrees of Taurus, even if i could see all of them, they are not currently positioned as they will be then. so, how is looking at the sky now, a determination of their positions then ??

and on a side note, you are assuming the interpretation of said quatrain is correct ... that's an awfully big assumption.

funny, even though you have equal access to this real world, you sure are lacking linking skills.
for someone who claims to know all about it, where's your sources ??? i'm pretty sure more than i would like to know.

here's one source: www.lunarplanner.com...
(cannot link map directly or i would)

re: Leo Tanguma in his own words ... www.leotanguma.com...
(typical that you'd reference a lesser source to make an invalid point)

hail.org... --> for those interested in the recent hail storms throughout the US

and to correct a previous error, this Full Moon cycle occurs during the transit of Venus in early June ... the Moon cycle during the eclipse is a NEW moon ... i'm surprised no one corrected me.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

wow, are you really that dense or just pretending ??

You are very close to be reported.

2 things are very wrong with this one statement.
1) seeing more than one planet is necessary to complete said task.
2) since NO planet is currently positioned as it will be at 20 degrees of Taurus, even if i could see all of them, they are not currently positioned as they will be then. so, how is looking at the sky now, a determination of their positions then ??

There are some very wrong things here.
1. Each planet can be viewed individually
2. The change in positions of the planets is so small that it does not matter. There is no way that the positions will change to what is stated in the quatrain. Go ask your telescope buddies.

and on a side note, you are assuming the interpretation of said quatrain is correct ... that's an awfully big assumption.

Actually, that is false. I am responding to the claims about the quatrain which are obviously false.

funny, even though you have equal access to this real world, you sure are lacking linking skills.
for someone who claims to know all about it, where's your sources ??? i'm pretty sure more than i would like to know.

That's just bad thinking on your part.

(typical that you'd reference a lesser source to make an invalid point)

Another example of bad thinking on your part.

the Moon cycle during the eclipse is a NEW moon ... i'm surprised no one corrected me.

Another correction: it's not a cycle it's called a phase.
edit on 2-5-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot more threads popping up about May 20, 2012 lately. I'm having fun reading the discussions. I have nothing more to add. I'm just going to kick back and enjoy the "Ring of Fire" eclipse on the 20th. 18 days to go...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

threats and mini-modding are equally reportable or did you miss that section of the T&C ?
it is odd that you'd issue a threat rather answer a simple question.
pretending isn't frowned upon 'round here, read up a bit.
although, those who do often own up to it when called out.

There are some very wrong things here.
1. Each planet can be viewed individually
2. The change in positions of the planets is so small that it does not matter. There is no way that the positions will change to what is stated in the quatrain. Go ask your telescope buddies.

not with the naked eye ... and, a change is a change, regardless how small.
nice deflection technique though.

i am responding to the claims about the quatrain which are obviously false.

actually, you are disputing one interpretation of a quatrain that may or may not be false.

That's just bad thinking on your part
well, then where are your sources ??

Another correction: it's not a cycle it's called a phase

actually, a NEW moon is regarded as the beginning of a new cycle, not just a phase.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

The problem with your theory is that the Peleides Cluster is many Light Years away and we would be viewing an alignment that is not occuring. The light from that star cluster is just reaching us as it was in visual position today or on May 20th...many years ago.

So basically you will be seeing a false alignment as the Star Cluster is and will be on May 20th...in a very different position that what you actually see.

It takes 8 minutes for light from our sun to reach Earth so we see the suns light as it was...8 minutes in the past. When you start talking about 100's or even 1000's of Light Years...each Light Year is the distance it takes Light that travels at 186,300 miles per second in one year or about 6 Trillion Miles.

So an object 500 Light Years away is viewed in a position it obtained 500 years ago. Split Infinity

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

threats and mini-modding are equally reportable or did you miss that section of the T&C ?

I find it hilarious you are calling out another poster for "mini-modding" but thank you for the term.

It will be useful to me in the future.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

not with the naked eye ... and, a change is a change, regardless how small.
nice deflection technique though.

The issue is that there is no change of the constellations that the planets appear in. Go ask your telescope friends. Pretending that the change in position of the planets would affect which constellation they appear in is wrong.

actually, you are disputing one interpretation of a quatrain that may or may not be false.

Quibble if you must. The facts are simple. The planets are not in the constellations mentioned in the quatrain.

actually, a NEW moon is regarded as the beginning of a new cycle, not just a phase.

Let's see why this claim makes no sense in the discussion at hand.

This is what you wrote.

the Moon cycle during the eclipse is a NEW moon

What you should have written was "the Moon phase during the eclipse is a NEW moon
The eclipse is an event and the state of the Moon at the time of the event is the phase.

The fact of the matter is that the quattrain describes the position of planets and those positions do not match the skies this month. Whoever started this was completely mistaken or simply wanted to see how gullible people were in regards to the heavens above. Apparently, people are really gullible and do not realize how slowly some things change or how easy it is to view these bright celestial objects.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hey there yes Pleiades is in fact a place for higher beings. Pleiades is known as the seven sisters .

The seven Rishis According to the epic Mahabharata, composed in about 500 B.C., the stars of the Big Dipper were the seven sages called Rishis. These seven sages are said to be those who made the Sun rise and shine. They were happily married to seven sisters named Krttika.

They originally all lived together in the northern sky. But one day, the god of fire, Agni, emerged from the flames of an offering performed by the seven Rishis and fell in love with the seven Krttika. Trying to forget his hopeless love for the Krttika, Agni wandered in the forest where he met Svaha. To conquer Agni's love, Svaha disguised herself as six of the seven Krttika. Svaha could mimic only six of the Krttika because the seventh sister Arundhati was too devoted to her husband to be imitated.

After a while, Svaha gave birth to a child that she named Skanda. With his birth, rumors began to spread that six of the Rishis' wives were his mother. Six of the Rishis divorced their wives. Arundhati was the only one that remained with her husband as the star Alcor. The other six Krttika went away to become the Pleiades.

edit on 3-5-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Great theory and finds for your thread, S & F
I remember that crop circle and thought it was odd at the time, for whatever reason.

The quatrains you mentioned: "[X.67] A mighty earthquake in the month of May, Saturn, Capricorn, Jupiter, Mercury in Taurus: Venus also. Cancer, Mars in Nonnay (cero). Hail will fall larger than an egg. [lX.83] Sun twentieth of Taurus the earth will tremble very mightily, it will ruin the great theater filled: To darken and trouble air, sky and land, then the infidel will call upon God and saints."

THe first and second, could they tie together for one thing, I wonder? The great theater filled, darkened, troubled air and land, infidels, earthquake, I wonder if this could be the NATO summit in CHicago? If so, some might say bombs, I wonder if it could be 2 things, bombs and quakes there. The fact that it mentions infidels is interesting, because we are just so worried about terrorist attacks on the summit, whether actual or "fale flag", and bombs would definitely fit the description of the air and skies being darkened and troubled, and would definitely ruin the great theater filled, the meeting place filled with dignitaries,etc. There are too many odd things with the NATO summit and it seems everyone feels a little uneasy about it, in one way or another.

I am biased against this already happening, so maybe I'm just reading too much into it, like everyone tends to do with the Nostradamus quatrains. However, I have been feeling uneasy about a large quake in the Midwest and have felt for a while that something could happen in May, middle to third week, which would coincide with another earthquake event here in Colorado, but Colorado would precede it by a week or so. I don't know why I feel any of it or why I feel they'd be related, I just do.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
For those of you that will be on the West Coast on May 20th here's an article that may interest you (Even if you aren't going to be on the West Coast on May 20th the article has good information about the solar eclipse and is worth a quick read through.)

Want to see the solar eclipse on May 20, 2012?
National parks in the United States are gearing up for the event.

Jonathan B. Jarvis (National Park Service Director) said:
"This will be spectacular. There are 33 national parks positioned for a great view of the eclipse and six parks – Redwoods National Park and Lassen Volcanic National Park, both in California; Zion National Park in Utah, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area in Arizona and Canyon De Chelly National Monument and Petroglyph National Monument, both in New Mexico – are at the center of the eclipse path."

Source Article: Watch May 2012 Solar Eclipse At A National Park

edit on 5/3/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The issue is that there is no change of the constellations that the planets appear in. Go ask your telescope friends. Pretending that the change in position of the planets would affect which constellation they appear in is wrong.

who said anything about constellations (except my inability to view them?)
regarding the topic, the planets travel through a variety of astrological/zodiac energy changes.
perhaps, these are the changes to which the quatrain refers ??
btw, many of my astronomer friends also deny any significant change in the astrological energies so your stance is not surprising.

What you should have written was "the Moon phase during the eclipse is a NEW moon

if you say so even though the phase of the New Moon arrives prior to the event of the eclipse which occurs during a new Moon cycle.
each phase has it's own cycle but whatever dude, it's a pretty petty point, don't ya think ?

The fact of the matter is that the quattrain describes the position of planets and those positions do not match the skies this month.

actually, the fact of the matter is i disagree with your interpretation of the quatrain.
arguing your misinterpretation is as fruitless as shrimping in the GOM.
and, since you are not open to alternate theory, why continue this discussion ?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

who said anything about constellations (except my inability to view them?)
regarding the topic, the planets travel through a variety of astrological/zodiac energy changes.
perhaps, these are the changes to which the quatrain refers ??
btw, many of my astronomer friends also deny any significant change in the astrological energies so your stance is not surprising.

Not surprised to hear that people that actually know about planets and stars think astrology is baloney.

The quattrain is clearly not about the current time, or next month, or the month after. Just as important, the quattrain is not about a particular date.

actually, the fact of the matter is i disagree with your interpretation of the quatrain.
arguing your misinterpretation is as fruitless as shrimping in the GOM.
and, since you are not open to alternate theory, why continue this discussion ?

You can make up anything you want, but the quastrain very clearly connects constellations and planets.

I am not open to creating a hoax by making up some idiotic excuse as to why the quattrain refers to May of this year.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by lovemyworld

That would be a big relief. Just in case, suppose a real earthquake of a bigger magnitude happened,
what would be everyone's reaction? Would all the Mayan prophecies turn out true? Nostradamus turn right

The simple answer is no.

If I suggested that since all cows in the world are blue there will be a 6.6 quake or larger tomorrow. Suppose there is a quake. Are we now going to suppose that all cows are blue? Certainly not, just as Nostradamus' quatrain meaning the 20tyh of May when it is clear that it can't be due to the mismatch of astronomical conditions. Are there Mayan prophecies for 2012? Sort of. There is a Mayan calendar that predicts a shortage of squash of corn this year. Then again that calendar is a short term calendar.

You are an idiot.... Prove that all crop circles are a hoax, prove that all ufos are swamp gas, then prove that anything is just false.... People that come up with these theories like the OP was done on their interpretation of certain material. Just because it isn't your interpretation doesn't make it untrue. Your analogy is terrible and it's things like this that make the world the kind of place it is. If you are half as intelligent as you are purporting to be you could have came up with a better analogy. Frankly your mockery about blue cows is pathetic...
edit on 7-5-2012 by SonofLeod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You know the earthquake could just be the G 20 summit and something being a major change from TPTB, this makes more sense than a Real ULTRA quake, still a big quake may happen, take a look it from my view and star me

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

"[X.67] A mighty earthquake in the month of May, Saturn, Capricorn, Jupiter, Mercury in Taurus: Venus also. Cancer, Mars in Nonnay (cero). Hail will fall larger than an egg. [lX.83] Sun twentieth of Taurus the earth will tremble very mightily, it will ruin the great theater filled: To darken and trouble air, sky and land, then the infidel will call upon God and saints."

do tell, in the above quoted quatrains, where is there mention of constellations ??
nonnay isn't a constellation.
plenty of planets listed but not by relation to any constellation.

like i said before, your interpretation of said quatrian is questionable at best.

The quattrain is clearly not about the current time, or next month, or the month after. Just as important, the quattrain is not about a particular date.

really ??? May is a month (current one at that).
20 degrees of Taurus references a specific date frame (which isn't the 20th day btw)
since May 21 is the beginning of Gemini, the 20th of May is just a conincidental anomally regarding A date, why is that so hard for you to acknowledge?

You can make up anything you want, but the quastrain very clearly connects constellations and planets.

if you're so sure about that, how 'bout some sources to back it up ??
i don't see any mention of constellations in the specific quatrains being discussed.

I am not open to creating a hoax by making up some idiotic excuse as to why the quattrain refers to May of this year.
ahhh, but creating a hoax based on a hoax seems to be right up your alley, eh ??

(sarcasm) those RT reports about joint military exercises are just bunk

those hail storms (egg sized hail) are just a figment of our imagination
the current weather patterns are normal
so far in this month of May (1 week so far), we haven't had any anomalous activities to report, right ?
yeah ok, (end sarcasm) believe what you will just consider that others don't share your limits.

in case others don't know or just forgot ... one simple reminder ... astrology has been practiced and consulted for more centuries than astronomy has been labeled a science.
yet, ask a scientific astronomer and they'll often tell ya, they always know best
regardless of the fact that both astronomy & astrology were comprehensive studies before the "age of reason" (if there ever really was one)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SonofLeod

You are an idiot.... Prove that all crop circles are a hoax, prove that all ufos are swamp gas, then prove that anything is just false.... People that come up with these theories like the OP was done on their interpretation of certain material. Just because it isn't your interpretation doesn't make it untrue. Your analogy is terrible and it's things like this that make the world the kind of place it is. If you are half as intelligent as you are purporting to be you could have came up with a better analogy. Frankly your mockery about blue cows is pathetic...

Crop circles are installation art. I never mentioned UFOs.

The OP repeated material without checking out the material. It turns out that much of what was posted was wrong - plan and simple wrong. That's what happens when no checking is done. That's why newspapers sometimes print false stories. The reporter forwarding the story did not check to see if it was true.

My analogy is not terrible. It points out the odd nature of the claim. It discusses how many predictions are made. The issue is this. If someone claims A implies B and B turns out to be true, it does not mean that A is true. In my example I used blue cows. There is such an animal if you did not know. Well, actually the animal is called a blue bull or nilgai. The existence of nilgai is unrelated to earthquakes.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

like i said before, your interpretation of said quatrian is questionable at best.

Thanks for providing your interpretation of the quattrain, an interpretation which is dubious.

really ??? May is a month (current one at that).

My statement was about the quatttrain as a whole. Not the sort of word by word dissection you do here.

20 degrees of Taurus references a specific date frame (which isn't the 20th day btw)
since May 21 is the beginning of Gemini, the 20th of May is just a conincidental anomally regarding A date, why is that so hard for you to acknowledge?

Nothing in the quattrain provides units. Here you choose units of degrees.

That doesn't matter Mercury is not in Taurus now. Mercury won't be Taurus till the end of the month.
Mars is in Leo.
Saturn is in Virgo.

if you're so sure about that, how 'bout some sources to back it up ??
i don't see any mention of constellations in the specific quatrains being discussed.

Taurus is a constellation.
Capricorn is a constellation.
Cancer is a constellation.

You were kidding right?

As far as hail - it happens. It is normal to have hail. Hail happens every year.
So far only one place is the source of the military report.

one simple reminder ... astrology has been practiced and consulted for more centuries than astronomy has been labeled a science.

You are right, astrology has been practiced for a long time. It has been baloney for a long time. Unlike the baloney of astrology astronomers were able to predict and find planets. Unlike the baloney of astrology astronomy can predict events with great precision.

yet, ask a scientific astronomer and they'll often tell ya, they always know best regardless of the fact that both astronomy & astrology were comprehensive studies before the "age of reason"

Actually, astrology has been a failure ever since it was started.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
12 days until the 20th! I'd say if anything goofey was going to happen, like a mega-earthquake, it will be from today (May 8th) thru June 8th. So now is the time to start watching things closely.
We shall see... we shall see.

By the way, some key dates to watch are May 10-12, May 18-22, and June 3-8th according to Patrick Geryl and some earthquake predicting researcher (I forget his name)(Jim Berkland maybe?) combined. Sorry no time to post their links but you can look up their names and find their predictions yourselves if you feel so inclined.

Patrick Geryl wrote 3 books on 2012, his basic hypothesis is that in 2012 a MEGA-Solar Flare will strike the Earth causing a magnetic pole reversal and a possible geographic pole reversal and/or cause the Earth to start rotating in the opposite direction so the Sun would begin rising in the West. FUN!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join