It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil actor playing Judas dies from accidental hanging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

A Brazilian actor has died after accidentally hanging himself while playing Judas in an Easter Passion play.

Tiago Klimeck, 27, was enacting the suicide of Judas during the performance on Good Friday in the city of Itarare.

Klimeck was taken to hospital suffering from cerebral hypoxia but died on Sunday.

The Passion play was being performed in Itarare, 345km (214 miles) west of Sao Paulo.

Source

Investigator Jose Victor Bacetti told the G1 news website Klimeck accidentally hanged himself during a scene in which his character Judas commits suicide.

About four minutes passed before anyone noticed, believing he was playing his role.

source

Ive seen the reports on TV where people get nailed to the cross pretending to be Jesus from the Christian Bible and to be honest i think its just taking things to far. I had no idea they pretended to be Judas as well.

I guess the man upstairs wasn't looking out for this poor guy..

edit on 23-4-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I believe they call this "method acting".

Method acting is any of a family of techniques used by actors to create in themselves the thoughts and emotions of their characters, so as to develop lifelike performances

Source
edit on 23-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I guess the morel of the story Dont play Judas!

That does suck but I must wonder why it was hooked up in a manner that he could actually hang himself!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a tragic occurrance, no doubt that someone will link this as some sort of message from god. in my opinion it is a tragic coincidence that the death at which he suffered was also the same as the character he was portraying. why the hell would they use a noose that would actually hang someone?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by josephamccoy

why the hell would they use a noose that would actually hang someone?

To be fair, when things like this happen with actors, the first two things that need to be considered are:

1. Did someone tamper with the equipment because they wanted the actor dead?

2. Did the actor tamper with the equipment because he wanted to commit suicide but have it look like an accident?

*Cue music theme from xfiles....

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I believe they call this "method acting".

Method acting is any of a family of techniques used by actors to create in themselves the thoughts and emotions of their characters, so as to develop lifelike performances

Source
edit on 23-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Not to steal your thunder, but I believe it pertains to "lifelike performances".

This was "martyr acting". Nobody even noticed at first, which means he did a really nice job on the martyr part of it.

new topics

top topics

join