It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt scraps Israel gas supply deal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

The devil's always in the details. Unfortunately the west's "free press" isn't very good at details, especially when the Arabs try to level the economic playing field.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Did you read the link? Israel has not paid for its fuel this year, giving the company concerned a perfect opportunity to cancel a contract that should never have been agreed at that price in the first place (and for which someone is under investigation).

The Egyptian company was, in effect, being ripped off twice by Israel - first by the deal and then by non payment. Good for them i say.

I did. I was responding to the blind hate speak "bully, screw the israelis" posts. Yes Israel cut itself a good deal, yes it was agreed to by both parties. Now it is no longer agreeable to both parties and the deal was dissolved. But the "lets F*** Israel" is classic. If I dropped any one of you in Ramala you would change your tune real quick.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Flavian

Believe you me, this is not going to hurt Israel, only Egypt in the long run

Ok, get your point. However, if the shoe was on the other foot and this was an Israeli company cancelling the contract with Egypt i would still be applauding the company. For me, this is nothing to do with love for either nation, more for a company sticking up for itself that was getting ripped off.

ETA:

Perhaps some can explain to me the blind support for Israel on this matter? I do not understand why supporting this is hating Israel?
edit on 23-4-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Firstly, there is absolutely no love affair between Egypt and Iran.
a simple research would tell you that.
When you write stuff up, next time take some time to see if you actually know enough about it, so you at least sound smart.

Also, you wrote some funny things about Antisemitism in Egypt, as if it doesn't exist.
Next you will write how it's the Jews that always play the AS card.

Antisemitism in Egypt:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

The Egyptian Govt is in regular contact with the Knesset......none of us really know whats going on behind closed doors - perhaps to keep the Egyptian masses quiet while supplies go through the back door?

Egypt is not the only nation with a gas field and the Israelis are not going to suffer if supplies are cut off! Israel knows what they're doing!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Israel has not paid for its fuel (gas) this year because the gas pipe was blown up for 14 times.
It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Flavian

Egypt has FINISHED....got it?

Israel is sitting on one of the largest natural gas reserves in the world, ya think they give a sh*t about Egypt cutting off supplies?

Israel probably also has ample water resources but that doesn't stop them from taking Palestinian water and it doesn't stop them from coveting the Latani River in Lebanon. Its the mentality of what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine, too.

Egypt is far from finished, although there are many saying the reverse for the future of Israel.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Ok fair enough. However, why are people that support this being accused of being anti Israeli? Are Israelis really that paranoid? Is it a case of blind support for Israel, even when they are in the wrong? We seem to pillory people of other nationalities on here who engage in this type of behaviour - does the same not also apply to Israel?

Personally, i am neither pro nor anti Israel. For me, they do lots wrong and lots right (that they probably do not get the credit for that they deserve). In this case, i see absolutely no problem with what the company has done but most of the pro Israel response appear to be on the lines of (basically) rah Israel and boo everybody else - why is that?
edit on 23-4-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I think its no different in Israel than it is in America ~ there are the Israeli people and the American people, who often dislike what their respective governments and corporations do. The same is true of the Egyptians and every other country on earth. My hat's off to people EVERYWHERE who step up to stop the corruption.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

It's the Litani river, not Latani. please go check a map to see where it is,
and stop parroting everything you hear.
You have absolutely zero knowledge
when it comes to the water issues in the region.

Nice try diverting the thread.
edit on 23-4-2012 by gravitational because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
reply to post by frazzle

It's the Litani river, not Latany. please go check a map to see where it is,
and stop parroting everything you hear.
You have absolutely zero knowledge
when it comes to the water issues in the region.

Nice try diverting the thread.

Go back and read my post again, I spelled it Latani. You have absolutely zero reading skills.

But you got it right on edit ~ it is Litani.

However:

The 1978 South Lebanon conflict (code-named Operation Litani by Israel) was an invasion of Lebanon up to the Litani River, carried out by the Israel Defense ...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 23-4-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen

Originally posted by Flavian
Did you read the link? Israel has not paid for its fuel this year, giving the company concerned a perfect opportunity to cancel a contract that should never have been agreed at that price in the first place (and for which someone is under investigation).

The Egyptian company was, in effect, being ripped off twice by Israel - first by the deal and then by non payment. Good for them i say.

I did. I was responding to the blind hate speak "bully, screw the israelis" posts. Yes Israel cut itself a good deal, yes it was agreed to by both parties. Now it is no longer agreeable to both parties and the deal was dissolved. But the "lets F*** Israel" is classic. If I dropped any one of you in Ramala you would change your tune real quick.

Did aid work in Ramala when i first left university. Well aware of the situation there, thanks. Totally disgusting place and, frankly, a blight on Israel's reputation globally. Also came across plenty of good work and initiatives that were being undertaken by Israeli's and Jewish organisations, so works both ways.......(not all negative by a long stretch).

Have to say though, not being back since and that was years ago (pre Palestinian State - the one Israel doesn't recognise). Things could have changed drastically "on the ground" since i was there..........

It is like you say, i hate the screw Israel posts too. Just as much as i hate the pro Israel posts (whatever they do). Surely rational people look at each situation on merit? If Israel is in the right on a particular topic then good luck to them. When they are in the wrong though, you would also expect people to accept they are in the wrong, providing they are of rational mind.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Flavian

Egypt has FINISHED....got it?

Israel is sitting on one of the largest natural gas reserves in the world, ya think they give a sh*t about Egypt cutting off supplies?

Well obviously they do, otherwise this would be a complete non-story. The fact that Israel itself if making a lot of noise about this clearly shows that they do give a sh*t about it.

Sorry to burst your little fantasy bubble there, but clearly you're wrong.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Yes, they probably do care but I'm sure Joe Lieberman and the gang are working on another aid package.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Yet Israel has the largest natural gas field in the Middle East so won't be needing Egyptian natural gas! Even though Israel was buying Egyptian gas at a very cheap price, that should hit the Egyptian economy big time....or whats left of it!

Technically, about 1/2 of that gas reserve belongs to the Palestinian people.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by coolieno99

You mean those people both Gingrich and Santorum have said don't exist? Oh, I forgot one, Herman Cain said the same thing. And people say Ron Paul has screwed up foreign policy ideas. What a beacon of hope the US has become. [/sarcasm]

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

www.bbc.co.uk...

Gas deliveries to Israel dried up for a total of 225 days in 2011 and 66 days during the first three months of 2012, and ceased after an explosion on 5 March, according to Ampal-American Israel Corporation - a stakeholder in East Mediterranean Gas Company (EMG), which operates the cross-border pipeline.

The shortages have seen the state-owned Israel Electric Company increase rates by a third and warn of rolling blackouts this summer

since no one has posted this

this could be interesting to see what israel does.
with 40% of its supplies cut off

They will do what they did before, they will raise the cost of living expenses even more and piss in alot of peoples' wheaties. You can expect to see more protests and maybe riots.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by coolieno99

Technically, about 1/2 of that gas reserve belongs to the Palestinian people.

No it's not.
It only takes 5 seconds to find a relevant map and possibly save you from the embarrassment of sounding ignorant.

Even the 67 armistice line are sketched for your convenient.

www.oilinisrael.net...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Egypt stops supplying gas despite existing contract while there was 0 provocations from Israel - and it is "hooray it is preventing strike on Iran"

You are aware that there has been a revolution in Egypt and there continues to be so. You are aware that the previous government was in the pockets of the Isralis and the US..

The US gave a lot of military aid to Muraback, trained his police force in the art of torture etc. Egypt gave Israel cheap gas and helped with the enclavement of Palastine.

Things have changed..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join