It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler DNA test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

DNA test could clear doubts about Hitler’s death

The Russians buried the bodies in a secret gravesite on one of their military bases in East Germany. Shortly before the facility was turned over to East Germany in 1970, the Soviet Union's secret police cremated the remains - except for a jagged piece of skull and four fragments of jawbone.

Just why the Russians held on to these body parts isn't clear; DNA testing didn't come into vogue until the 1990s. They seemed to be little more than ghoulish spoils of war until the Russian archive put them on public display last month and indicated a willingness to allow a DNA test.

That column was written 2000, You would think it doesn't take 4 years to pull one DNA test. I have never heard about that jawbone since.

Have they tested it ? Why isn't there anywhere about the results ? Did they find out it wasn't Hitler after all ? Has there been any explanation why hasn't there been any results published anywhere or do I just suck in googling ?

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Wouldnt they need one of Hitlers relatives to do a DNA test? Are any of his family still around?
I think if they were they would have a hard time getting any of them to come forward. Short of digging up his Mum or Dad im not sure how they woulf go about it.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
There was a report from south america that a guy down there died recently (1990ish) i am totally drawing from memory here, but he had lived wiht a woman he called Eva, and in his house they found all sorts of various high ranking nazi ensignias and maps, pictures of hitler in various poses with big shots etc. his age matched up and alot of other cooinicidences but i don't remeber much more than that, any of you guys remember the scoop?

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
There was a report from south america that a guy down there died recently (1990ish) i am totally drawing from memory here, but he had lived wiht a woman he called Eva, and in his house they found all sorts of various high ranking nazi ensignias and maps, pictures of hitler in various poses with big shots etc. his age matched up and alot of other cooinicidences but i don't remeber much more than that, any of you guys remember the scoop?

I seem to remember this also, but can't seem to find any other info on it, right away, but I will keep looking. They would need some base DNA to go by, he had family, theres probably still a line, just not people jumping up an down to let everyone know they're related to Adolph Hitler.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
Wouldnt they need one of Hitlers relatives to do a DNA test? Are any of his family still around?

Apparently there's a few of his great-nephews or something of the sort kicking around in NY State. >>;

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I was always under the impression that most nations helped Hitler's relative sstart their lives over again with no ties to the man. Only way to be fair, try getting a job when you're Hitler's cousin.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
but cmon whats the purpose of this so they found his remains Im sure Russia dealt with him approately for invading their country so I guess theres nothing to worry about? Wait, they're going to clone him and now he has the name GWB hahaha jk.....but what if?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by navajoprophet
but cmon whats the purpose of this so they found his remains Im sure Russia dealt with him approately for invading their country so I guess theres nothing to worry about? Wait, they're going to clone him and now he has the name GWB hahaha jk.....but what if?

I think the purpose is to verify that the remains are who they say it is, and to see if he really died in that bunker, or took off in exile and lived to an old age.

top topics

join