It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Australian Interactive CSG map.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I've had this in my inbox for about a week or so, but i've not had proper net access to share with you guys.

This is the link to an interactive map, which shows all the Coal Seam Gas wells, along with 'stories' and 'incidents'. I was pretty shocked to see the stats of how many wells are actually so close to my town! on the map at the moment it stands at:

QUEENSLAND: 4243
NEW SOUTH WALES: 485
VICTORIA: 0
AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY: 0
SOUTH AUSTRALIA: 52
TASMANIA: 0
WESTERN AUSTRALIA: 0
NORTHERN TERRITORY: 0

anyways, check it out here: The coal seam gas map

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Yeah mate, it isnt good. The problem in Queensland is that it may be too late to stop the effects (soil and ground water pollution etc), as you can see by the sheer numbers of CSG sites in Qld. Lucky the state governments stepped in when they did, or there would be a lot more.

The worst part about a lot of the sites in Qld is the fact they are on prime agricultural land. I think it was Alan Jones i heard on the radio who said "You cant eat coal, you cant drink gas".

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Is GetUp crossing parliamentary allegiances ?
For an (organisation) to support the far left for many years, to now all of a sudden to be swinging to the opposite side of the pendulum, makes me wonder.. Like rats on a sinking ship? These guys supported the Carbon Tax and any 'green' initiative.

join