It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Injured After Northeast Dog Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

1 Injured After Northeast Dog Attack

www.nbcwashington.com

Man saves two children from being either seriously hurt or killed fromt what appears to be two pit bull dogs..
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22-4-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What appears to be two pitbulls going after some kids on top of a car...disgrace..

I wonder if the same people that want to ban guns would like to ban dogs such as pitbulls? Clearly any person who gets a dog like this should carry a substantial amount of money in the event of some horrible situation. I wonder if this guy will even get his hospital bills covered if these nitwit owners do not have the insurance?? Regardless who sweet your pit bull is and how it plays with your kids, your neighbors kids or your 1 year old baby bottom line they should be phased out. Bottom line if you own the dog fine but those dogs that are left should be neutered and we should halt the sellling of these dogs...and sure poodles too if you want to make the argument that they are horrible also...and I have owned several dogs as a youngster...this guy is a hero regardless of the dogs but these dogs were big...

www.nbcwashington.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I wont even jump on or address the "ban pit bull" bandwagon...

I will address dogs in general. Dogs are animals. They are unpredictable. I don't care how well your dog behaves at home around you...........they are unpredictable and anything can set them off and they can harm anyone.

Having a incredibly well trained German Shepherd....who behaves herself at home and would protect me against anyone......she is still unpredictable. Certain sounds or action could set her off. She could kill a person easily...esp a child. I never let her be alone with my daughter. NEVER. And it annoys me when adults do leave their dogs alone w/ their kids.

At my daughter's school people bring their dogs all the time. They walk to school w/ their dogs. I cant tell you how many times these cute little dogs (non pit bulls or the like) decided to flip out and try and attack someone. These very dogs where the owner is SHOCKED their poor little innocent puppy dog could do something like that. Oh noooooooooooo, not MY dog. I have a sweet little this or that.

Again, animals are unpredictable no matter how well YOU think they are trained. ANY dog can become a weapon.

With all of that said........these dogs (in the story) were not being controlled by a human. They were on the lose and the owner should be heavily charged for not being in control of.......animals.

/vent

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Get rid of pitbulls? How about we get rid of the middle east first....

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't get rid of my pitbull. A black lab and a mastiff attacked my (at the time) girlfriend and my pitbull jumped in and protected her while suffering substantial wounds in the process. Banning a certain breed of dog is the equivalent of being racist. Can I ban black people?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
Banning a certain breed of dog is the equivalent of being racist. Can I ban black people?

Hahah wow....

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Half the time "pit bull" isn't even a pit bull, the media immediately calls most dog attacks pit bull attacks, I own a pit bull nicest dog I ever had.

Any dog in the wrong owners hands is dangerous, is not about the breed its about the person.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I understand the premise that a bad owner raises a bad dog but how many kids are going to get mauled by these types of dogs? Any moron can own this type of dog and for the most part all I see are young, thug like nitwits walking these dogs down the beach being pulled by them...so because any moron can by this type of dog I have to worry that one of them getting away and chomping on one of my kids..I have no other solution unfortunately because much like children any one can have one regardless of their mental status or past history...again I'm sure their are normal folks out there that own these dogs but when is enough, enough?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

not in this article...they simply mention dogs in the paragraph section

new topics

top topics

join