It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your true self...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Your true self is oneness. You are an individualistic expression of the universe, but that doesn't mean you are separate from it. Individuality is not about separation, its only about relativity. Individuality is an opportunity for the universe to observe what existence is like from every angle. If the universe saw from only one angle, that would be boring and the universe is anything but boring. So individualized perception had to be the way to perceive in order to be congruent with the universe's infinitely glorious and diverse nature.

We are all one. The next big leap in human consciousness is to know that everything we observe is part of the one selfness that we are. It is to know that everything you see, touch, taste, smell, and hear, is you. Not you as an individual, but you as what you are as your essence of youness.

The brain is how you see, but the mind is what you see. See that. Can't you see how everything you observe makes up your own mind? Its all inside you, as you. It's you because you define it. Everything you see has to be filtered through your own preconceptions, and what is seen, isn't necessarily ever what is actually there, but what is seen is what is there the way only you can see it. See? What is seen is seen the way you see it, because it is you seeing and it is you seen. Get it?

This is how our nature is freedom. You are your body, and your body can only do what your body can do, but your mind is free. Your mind is not your body. Everything you observe makes up your mind and everything you observe is free and what is living that you observe has free will, so the nature of your selfness, of your mind, is that freedom.

This is also what harmony truly is. Harmony is just the knowledge that everything you see is your own mind. I really can't explain it with words, but once you see that everything is your own mind, you will know about the harmony I am speaking of. Harmony is the awareness that the motions of everything you see is in harmony with your self. The way this is possible is knowing that everything you see is your mind.

I want to point something else out. I already said all is one and we experience this unity from individual perspectives. But as individuals, and particularly as humans, we have been granted, probably through a variety of mental distortions, the ability to create technology. All is one, so what you create, technologiically, THAT YOU SURROUND YOURSELF WITH, is an extension of your individualized self and also, by your individual efforts, now part of the greater unified self. So, be mindful of your creative power and efforts, because we truly do get what we put in.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My definition.

Peace of mind / Harmony : The ability to justify and cultivate, in every moment of consciousness, the feeling of comfort and love.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My true self is an idiot... thats why I take this form, so I can communicate with regular humans like you all.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
My definition.

Peace of mind / Harmony : The ability to justify and cultivate, in every moment of consciousness, the feeling of comfort and love.

This is true. Love is what we are. It is a feeling, but it is a feeling that is felt when we are feeling our true self; when we are in harmony. So, the feeling of our true self, is love and peace. That is how our true self feels. Hate and fear are feelings of separation from our true self. So hate and fear are the absence of awareness of our true self, and thus the absence of love. Our true mind is what is observed. Our true self is everything that exists.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

You're preaching to the choir on this one. If they don't understand by now, we can't convince them.
edit on CSundaypm434340f40America/Chicago22 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I am Sahabi, I approve this message.

One superficially fragmented Self in order to experience Self subjectively. To experience and observe All is the only way to ever truly kgnow All.

The gnosis of All-One helps me to:
Fear less. It is foolish for Self to fear Self.
Hate less. It is foolish for Self to hate Self.
Forgive more. It is foolish for Self to not forgive Self.
Love more. It is foolish for Self to not love Self.
More compassion, empathy, and helping. Is if foolish for Self to not care for Self.

Peace.

edit on 4/22/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
When I think about ones true self it is the "I am" and the mind is what percieves and create thoughtpatterns.
I like the idea that our true self exist outside of space and time, and fragments of ones true self exist in every time you begin another life. after death the experience joins together with your true self again.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

We are all one. The next big leap in human consciousness is to know that everything we observe is part of the one selfness that we are. It is to know that everything you see, touch, taste, smell, and hear, is you. Not you as an individual, but you as what you are as your essence of youness.

We are all one...well finish the sentence—one what?

I disagree. We are made out of the same stuff and bound by the physics of the universe, but we are not one. The Universe is one (maybe) but we are just parts of the universe. If we were indeed one, we'd be able to become one physically, we would all experience the same thing at the same time, but we cannot because we are merely parts and not "one". I'm not sure how one can claim that "we are one" when they can plainly see that we are not. The statement "all is one" or "we are one" is a huge contradiction. If all became one, it would cease to be all, but since we know we are not one, we still continue to contradict ourselves.

The brain is how you see, but the mind is what you see. See that. Can't you see how everything you observe makes up your own mind? Its all inside you, as you. It's you because you define it. Everything you see has to be filtered through your own preconceptions, and what is seen, isn't necessarily ever what is actually there, but what is seen is what is there the way only you can see it. See? What is seen is seen the way you see it, because it is you seeing and it is you seen. Get it?

I don't get it, sorry. Are you saying the world is a result of our organs? Wouldn't that mean our organs are also a result of our organs?

This is how our nature is freedom. You are your body, and your body can only do what your body can do, but your mind is free. Your mind is not your body. Everything you observe makes up your mind and everything you observe is free and what is living that you observe has free will, so the nature of your selfness, of your mind, is that freedom.

I would disagree here. Our mind is a part of the body, it goes with us wherever we do. If our mind is free, we could leave it at home and be done with it. Our mind is in fact not free at all. It's only in your imagination where one can pretend that it's free.

I want to point something else out. I already said all is one and we experience this unity from individual perspectives. But as individuals, and particularly as humans, we have been granted, probably through a variety of mental distortions, the ability to create technology. All is one, so what you create, technologiically, THAT YOU SURROUND YOURSELF WITH, is an extension of your individualized self and also, by your individual efforts, now part of the greater unified self. So, be mindful of your creative power and efforts, because we truly do get what we put in.

I would discourage the use of the word "you" when speaking of unity, maybe a "we" would suffice; or better yet, a "me" would work better, as people can only ever really speak for themselves.

I don't want to always have to be Mr. Negative when it comes to All Is One threads, but I become fearful when people mention we are merely gears in some giant machine, when in fact, we still hold value as individual gears and we are not that machine.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by smithjustinb

We are all one...well finish the sentence—one what?

I disagree. We are made out of the same stuff and bound by the physics of the universe, but we are not one. The Universe is one (maybe) but we are just parts of the universe. If we were indeed one, we'd be able to become one physically, we would all experience the same thing at the same time, but we cannot because we are merely parts and not "one". I'm not sure how one can claim that "we are one" when they can plainly see that we are not. The statement "all is one" or "we are one" is a huge contradiction. If all became one, it would cease to be all, but since we know we are not one, we still continue to contradict ourselves.

We are one consciousness. In that we are physically one- experiencing the same thing at the same time. But it is not you, the individual, who is aware of this. Your individualized self is supposed to feel separate so that the mysteriousness of what consciousness actually is can be observed from a unique angle to get a better grasp on what it is.

What you see is made one thing by it being seen. Physically, matter is separated by space. In fact, everything seen is 99% empty space. Yet, you still somehow are able to maintain the awareness that your world is full of objects when in fact it is not, its full of space. It is your own relative placement that allows for this illusion- this falsehood. Relativity, by which is the result of individualized observation. In other words, without consciousness, everything that is so pronounced is hardly anything at all. So, you see, the universe that you claim to be real is only as real as you make it.

The point is, for life to have occurred, there must be something in the fabric of what the universe is that is living and conducive to being able to observe. In other words, matter and energy itself is consciousness. Protons, neutrons, and electrons are really all the same substance, but just with different polarities. What is that substance? Consciousness. Consciousness has the ability to express itself in many ways, but whatever the expression, it is consciousness.

Consciousness is that which has the ability to observe and define the universe. All observations are relative and nothing observed is what actually exists so all definitions are false. What you see is not what I see. What you see is you. What I see is me. As what each of us see is what can only be seen by each of us. The world you see is yours and yours alone. It isn't the same for anyone else. All is one YOU by your observation of it. It is you because you are the one who has defined it. You are the one who has said that it exists and it has been defined by your own relative terms.

All is one by observation.
edit on 24-4-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

We are one consciousness.

Incorrect. Perhaps we are meant to be one consciousness...but as of yet, we are not. At least, not to the degree that it is proven and easily observable.

Physically, matter is separated by space. In fact, everything seen is 99% empty space. Yet, you still somehow are able to maintain the awareness that your world is full of objects when in fact it is not, its full of space.

Then, if I were to ask you what you had for breakfast, you would say homogenized milk and corn-based cereal? Not just cereal?

If we are to be technical, we will be forever discussing matters that would otherwise take a mere minute to unravel. And the fact that we perceive these things as solid (whether or not they actually are is irrelevant at this point) says that we were MEANT to see them as such. As simple creatures - for we are, in fact, rather simple - we cannot process information that is greater than our capacity to understand.

The point is, for life to have occurred, there must be something in the fabric of what the universe is that is living and conducive to being able to observe. In other words, matter and energy itself is consciousness. Protons, neutrons, and electrons are really all the same substance, but just with different polarities. What is that substance? Consciousness.

I both agree and disagree with this. Consciousness is energy with intention. Energy with awareness. Atomic particles are made of subatomic particles, which are made with sub-subatomic particles...which are made up of energy with differing flows and currents.

So the question that begs asking is this: where does consciousness come from?

I'm sure, whether or not it is actually correct, you have an answer to that.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

So the question that begs asking is this: where does consciousness come from?

I'm sure, whether or not it is actually correct, you have an answer to that.

Consciousness is neither created nor destroyed.

new topics

top topics

join