It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kony 2012 Indirectly Exposed as a Psyop On NPR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
For those paying attention, NPR's broadcast this week about American's in Africa "looking for Kony", was as close to an admission of the real agenda as we are going to get.

Not that Kony isn't a bad man, but the question is, why now? Even the Ugandans say it is too little too late and it's six years in the past. With the establishment of Africom, the American Empire is moving in. It appears that Kony 2012 was simply a PR campaign so that the US would have good cover for whatever they are doing. This has been my suspicion from the beginning, and then this was broadcast on NPR

Months Into Kony Mission, US Action Unclear

Roughly 100 U.S. Special Forces soldiers have divided up and spread out into Central African Republic, as well as to parts of South Sudan and Congo and Uganda. Their mission: to track down the notorious Kony,

Good excuse to get our special forces guys in there and looking around, perhaps doing some spooking while they are at it only...

it's not yet clear what exactly these U.S. troops are doing, much to the frustration of locals who have long lived in fear of Kony...

CORNISH: So, Sudarsan, I understand that these special forces troops, they can't actually go into the forest and look for Kony themselves, right? I mean, what are they doing?

RAGHAVAN: That's correct. They have a base in Obo, which is a very small town in southeastern Central African Republic. It's a pretty small base. They have security cameras on top, razor wire surrounding it. I saw American Special Forces guys with tattooed forearms and sunglasses come in and out. But in speaking with the residents of Obo, they themselves just wonder what the Americans are doing.

You know, they've yet to see them, you know, in action, so to say. Now, the Americans tell me that their role is purely advisory. They're just assisting the Ugandans, and it's not their role to actually go in and track Kony down themselves. And to be frank, I mean, it's the regional forces, Ugandans, who have - you know, they've been hunting this guy for nearly three decades.

So what exactly are they doing then? How much assistance can they be to guys who have 30 years experience tracking this guy? The special forces advisers may be sharing new tracking technology and better tracking techniques, but I'm positive that's not all they are doing.

As to political reasons why we are there:

there's also a sense that, you know, the Americans want to support the Ugandans.

The Ugandans have been key allies of the United States in counterterrorism, especially in Somalia, where the Ugandans make the bulk of the African Union Force there that is fighting the al-Qaida-linked militia al-Shabaab, which certainly the United States consider a key threat to its own security and to regional security. There's also, you know, pressure from human rights groups, like the Invisible Children's video that gained so much attention over the past few weeks is also adding pressure to find Kony.

But the Ugandans have said it's too little too late. Plus, I like how he throws in the initial psyop at the end as justification for why we had to go in there and connects it all with All-CIA-duh to boot.

Who's the next guy we are going to go after? Hitler's ghost?

edit on 22-4-2012 by coyotepoet because: cleaning

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

it's not yet clear what exactly these U.S. troops are doing, much to the frustration of locals who have long lived in fear of Kony...

Now this is a very curious sentence to me. I can't tell whether or not the author is implying that they used to fear Kony and don't any more or if the author accidently pointed out the absurdity of this all.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Why the hell do you need 100 special forces to track down Kony?

I bet i can do it alone and with a 50mm sniper rifle take him out from a safe distance (although i consider this very low)...

Anyway, my money goes on another military base to extend the US empire.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

The movie Blood Diamond hinted at this, if oil was ever discovered in africa it would be a nightmare for them. Considering africa is its own continent it was only a matter of time before it was discovered. Heart of darkness all over again.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Some neighborhood dork(s?) posted this KONY s**t all over the neighborhood the other night...mailboxes, doors, walls, cars, etc. Now I am wondering if they are going to clean it all up now?

When I see these

KONY

posters, it makes me think that KONY is running for election or something.
Also, KONY reads to me like K-O NY (knock out New York). Weird.

Also, speaking of Hitler..interesting that their "Cover the Night" campaign fell on Hitler's birthday.

edit on 22-4-2012 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

That's exactly what I thought of this Kony 2012 campaign. I thought the GOP through him in too distract voters from Paul
but in all honesty that was a 'red flag' for me.
About this update of the U.S's presence in Uganda... I'm not the least bit surprised.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11

Some neighborhood dork(s?) posted this KONY s**t all over the neighborhood the other night...mailboxes, doors, walls, cars, etc. Now I am wondering if they are going to clean it all up now?
[...]

Also, speaking of Hitler..interesting that their "Cover the Night" campaign fell on Hitler's birthday.

edit on 22-4-2012 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

Dude, exactly the same here in my hood in SC. Brainwashed much? Thanks for the litter, a-holes. The amount of paper it took to do this could have probably deforested Africa enough to find him PDQ. Ah, the irony. Kill the trees, stop a bad guy, build a military base. Great work, guys.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Wait a minute......You mean to tell me that a single Seal Team can take out Bin Laden.....But we need 100 Operators to take out this Kony guy.....?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird22

Wait a minute......You mean to tell me that a single Seal Team can take out Bin Laden.....But we need 100 Operators to take out this Kony guy.....?

Ha! I hadn't thought about that. Funny (ha ha and strange)

new topics

top topics

join