It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you like your meat?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

How do you like your meat?

www.ft.com

Bioengineers in the Netherlands are now growing meat in a laboratory where the future of food is being prepared – in a Petri dish
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www2.macleans.ca

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Lab-grown meat could be coming to a fast-food chain near you
Coming soon, the test-tube burger: Lab-grown meat 'needed to feed the world'

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It's true we were warned that lab grown meat was just around the corner back in 2011. Well that corner is here.

A lab in the Netherlands is expecting to produce "meat" in October of this year. Apparently, if it is lab grown, it will be healthier, and contain less of the bad fats, and more of the good oils our body needs.

edit on 4/21/12 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I like mine medium rare...hold the gov please!

2nd

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia

It's true we were warned that lab grown meat was just around the corner back in 2011. Well that corner is here.

A lab in the Netherlands is expecting to produce "meat" in October of this year. Apparently, if it is lab grown, it will be healthier, and contain less of the bad fats, and more of the good oils our body needs.

edit on 4/21/12 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

As creepy as it sounds...it would also be minus the animal cruelty in large corporate facilities, and the growth hormones and pesticides found in most commercial meats.

Des

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I like my meat pink and slimey.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
I like my meat pink and slimey.

I like my steaks to be organic and med rare...

I have found however that I tend to like my burgers pink and slimey...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

* doing my best Brittish accent....

I like my meat boiled.

I like my ham boiled.

I like my steak boiled.

I like everything boiled.

Not really.

I like mine medium well.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
even more bizzare, the Japanese are researching how to create meat from feces and Chinese have been doing it at a low-tech level for quite a long time

the entire planet has gone insane, our food quality is not a priority anymore, only the profit gained from selling it

I buy my food only from local farmers whose goods I can personally inspect

those of you that still live in the big cities and don't get it, enjoy your forthcoming cancer

the quality of the food you eat should not be an afterthought, but ensuring the quality of their food is very low on modern people's priority scale

edit on 21-4-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
even more bizzare, the Japanese are researching how to create meat from feces and Chinese have been doing it at a low-tech level for quite a long time

the entire planet has gone insane, our food quality is not a priority anymore, only the profit gained from selling it

I buy my food only from local farmers whose goods I can personally inspect

those of you that still live in the big cities and don't get it, enjoy your forthcoming cancer

Yeah! I did see that here on ATS.

Poo Burgers.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
au naturale; garnished with a1 bold and spicy and blood.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Not sure I follow you......

I'm British and I have just ate (7:00am) a nice healthy sandwich comprised of 3 rashers of smoked bacon, 1 slice of Black pudding and 2 Cumberland sausages, all shallow fried with a generous helping of tomato sauce and washed down with a mug of Columbia's finest coffee.

I feel like I can take on the day in style!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

Like the A1.

But I cant have it bloody.

I cant even handle raw chicken. It bothers me.

More gross than that is...

Milk with steak.

eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I would go to my friends house as a kid, and his mom would serve us that.

I think she was just testing me.

I just couldnt do it.

I would eat the steak. but not the milk.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
yaa i seen that girl Japanese feces vid to dont think it was on ata tho lol thats dirty

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Not sure I follow you......

I'm British and I have just ate (7:00am) a nice healthy sandwich comprised of 3 rashers of smoked bacon, 1 slice of Black pudding and 2 Cumberland sausages, all shallow fried with a generous helping of tomato sauce and washed down with a mug of Columbia's finest coffee.

I feel like I can take on the day in style!

Joking brother.

In the states we have cooking shows and they always say that Brittish food is bland and boiled.

Its just a sterotype.

I know that this is not true.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

That's probably something to do with that idiot Jamie Oliver. The only things I can think of that I would ever eat boiled is rice, pasta, eggs or Haggis.

I would say the average Brit is probably lazy when it comes to cooking, shove it in the microwave/oven/deep fat fryer and forget about it until it is done.

That being said, I do love to make a good curry or pasta bake, or even a nice Sunday roast.

I would love to know where you Americans get your stereotypes of us British from, probably Family Guy, seen a few funny ones on there
On that note mind you, it usually seems to be the southern Brits that get it, it's a whole different world up here in the north.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
for the benefit of our members

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

That's probably something to do with that idiot Jamie Oliver. The only things I can think of that I would ever eat boiled is rice, pasta, eggs or Haggis.

I would say the average Brit is probably lazy when it comes to cooking, shove it in the microwave/oven/deep fat fryer and forget about it until it is done.

That being said, I do love to make a good curry or pasta bake, or even a nice Sunday roast.

I would love to know where you Americans get your stereotypes of us British from, probably Family Guy, seen a few funny ones on there
On that note mind you, it usually seems to be the southern Brits that get it, it's a whole different world up here in the north.

We have BBC America, So we do get all those shows.

But the sterotypes prolly come from old Montey Python.

On TV the other day. I saw a skit on SNL where one of the players asked David Bowie.

" Sooo, You married a black girl?"

David say "Yeah"

Player says... " Oh, but you're Brittish."

Audience laughs.

edit on 21-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I like my meat from Mcdonalds with some salt and ketchup hold the onions and the pickles and the hairs and dropped on the floor.

Test tube burgers yummy!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
for the benefit of our members

I like how the scientist uses his fake hand to touch anything.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Cut off its horns and wipe it's butt rare for me.

I'd try it from a petri dish, but it might not have the life force good food has. I don't like any food that doesn't have that life force zing that once you know, you crave - in all foods, not just meat. Avacodos and horse apples and basil and fresh tomatoes, goat cheese, mint....just the bomb.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join