It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google execs, director Cameron in space venture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

Ads in space would be unacceptable, and I think even those CEO's realize that... The point I'm making is that the space race is gearing up again.

The only difference this time is it won't simply be country pitted against country. It will be the corporations fighting each other. Honestly, it is the ONLY way for us to actually REACH the stars, as a race.

Our governments won't sink the ludicrous amount of money it would take to start up these types of ventures... but think of the deep pockets of these companies.

JUST THINK ABOUT IT!

edit on 22-4-2012 by jephers0n because: typo

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

Yes, I have no doubt that the combined funds of Cameron and Google is enough to send a small army into space. i don't think I'd have as much as a beef with this story if they were going into space for research, or even to film. Its just the promise of "billions added to the GDP." That makes me fishy. They arn't claiming to be passengers in space like Lance Bass and Bill Gates wanted to. They are claiming that not only are they qualified to be astronauts, they are somehow going to find tons of money up there. Its just strange. I understand the appeal of going to space, it would be a trip to make a lifetime.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl
reply to post by jephers0n

Yes, I have no doubt that the combined funds of Cameron and Google is enough to send a small army into space. i don't think I'd have as much as a beef with this story if they were going into space for research, or even to film. Its just the promise of "billions added to the GDP." That makes me fishy. They arn't claiming to be passengers in space like Lance Bass and Bill Gates wanted to. They are claiming that not only are they qualified to be astronauts, they are somehow going to find tons of money up there. Its just strange. I understand the appeal of going to space, it would be a trip to make a lifetime.

Okay, so you have a problem with them mining asteroids to gain more resources for the planet?

We ARE starting to realize the finite amount of materials here on earth are dwindling...

<< 1   >>

join