It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer and Diseases - Natures Response?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Does anyone else think that maybe cancer and disease is natures way of lowering the population?

Over population is becoming a massive problem, maybe cancer is the plan provided by nature.

It can affect anyone, anytime, you don't even have to have a unhealthy lifestyle. 1 out of so many people will die of it.

Good people, bad people, it doesn't matter, the population needs to be controlled.

Imagine, Cancer and all disease was cured. The population would sky rocket, life expectancy would rise sharply.

We would be killing ourselves through good intention.

??

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Imo it's nature's reaction to all the chemicals we put into our mouth every day.

And a cashcow for big pharma.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

I like to think of it like this.

We are Parasites, we feed off the Earth. We are spreading.

If we were a Virus in a living organism, we would be attacked by White Blood Cells.

Earths response to lower our spread, is to unleash new Viruses, Diseases, and Cancer. Not to kill everyone. But to control our growth.

Once parasites have consumed there target they either die, or move on.

We cant move on as we have no inhabited any other planets. So we will die.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Could be, though i still think it's more about factory food and the likes. I do however agree that we can be seen as parasites of the planet, especially seeing how we treat it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
NO No no..... u guys.

its all the junk in our food.

all the pgpr, cornsyrup, tbhq, in our chocolate bars.

all the junk in monsanto.

all the prescription meds/ i mean POISON.

all the fluoride.

its not my fault, its the governments fault.

edit: its obvious that the government and bad guys with chemicals are destroying the environment and hurting everyone and everything.

i recycle, and i cut the little holes in the bottle plastic stuff so a fish doesn't choke, but its so much more than that.

monsanto simply doesn't care about nature and wants to give everything cancer.

im not surprised so many people get sick, the GOV still doesn't even wanna be honest about how much radiation and mutation and junk is happening as a result of fukushima in japan after all the junk that went down over there.

don't think mother earth is trying to kill us off, im sure she knows we are more than capable and on the right path anyway.

in a million years if we are all dead, and all the plastic finally broke down, earth will be chilling and watching the fish and monkeys and bananas, without us to poison them.
edit on 20-4-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Along with what everyone else said, it's also the lack of organic nature in our diet.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

Does anyone else think that maybe cancer and disease is natures way of lowering the population?

In a word No
Cancer can't depopulate the planet quicker than people are being born
Natures way would be to unleash a Pan-Demic Virus Plague which could send us back to stone age populations
Could start anytime soon when somebody coughs sneezes near you on a train plane or lift

Cran

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
survival of the fittest, if people want to get educated and change there eating habits to live longer, props, if they continue to eat the same junk then get cancer, whatever, that's fine too.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

It starts to get hard to change your eating habits though when all non-polluting food is slowly phased out of stores and such. I live in a farming district and even at the farm themselves you can't buy food anymore (which used to be common). They're not allowed to sell their food "unprocessed".

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by godofme
Over population is becoming a massive problem, maybe cancer is the plan provided by nature.
??

Absolute rubbish!! If every human on the planet were placed into Texas it would have a population density of London. That would leave the rest of the planet EMPTY!!

We're not overpopulated, we are severely restricted giving the impression of overpopulation.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I remember reading that cancer is a defense mechanism against carcinogens, and like an allergic reaction that ends up killing you, the body reacts in ways that is supposed to help the organism, but the reaction gets out of control and kills the thing it was supposed to save.

We all have cancerous cells in us, every day, but our immune systems take care of them and they die off, while we are none the wiser. Occasionally, there is a breakdown in the ability of the immune system to stop the growth of these cells, and that's when things turn ugly.

I believe the missing link in our current fight against cancer is to bolster our immune system, to allow it to do what it is supposed to do, which is to choke off the tumor and eliminate it before it gets out of control.

With all the things in our modern environment which destroy our immune systems, I'm surprised that we live as long as we do. With that being said, the baby boomer generation is the first generation in a long time which has a life expectancy that is lower than their parents.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
To say that it is a plan by nature is to infer nature has a conscience, an awareness, and an ability to restructure at will. In other words, you are supporting intelligent design.
Now, seeing how our bodies are in constant decay, and there is a cycle of war, disease, and hunger that combine to keep our lives finite, that leads me to believe there is already a natural cycle, so I would have to say I do not think so.
How would a dynamic celestial body that in itself does not have a core intelligence to design or create something to destroy something living on it, like we do with medicine fighting illness? Even more so, how would it target only humans? Why wouldn't it also target parasites, destructive swarms of insects, etc.? Why purpose would it have had in wiping out dinosaurs? What about the people who cultivate the earth, plant new trees, create plants that process pollutions efficiently to help clean the air? Does the overall design exclude them? I think not since they suffer the same fate as the rest.
Wouldn't that be genocidal and in our self preserving nature be driven to fight back, in effect destroying our own habitat to the point of having to find a new home? The diseases and viruses we carry would follow us to the new residence as well, so then again, I would have to say no; nature is not a single crafty intelligence plotting to thin mankind out, or even have the ability to do so by it's own will.
Watch, "The Happening," and when you figure out why people are doing what they are doing, you might roll your eyes realizing just how stupid M Night Shyamalan's plot really is, thus, you might just think this concept is along the same lines.
Just my opinion, though. Not empirical by any means.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by wlord

It starts to get hard to change your eating habits though when all non-polluting food is slowly phased out of stores and such. I live in a farming district and even at the farm themselves you can't buy food anymore (which used to be common). They're not allowed to sell their food "unprocessed".

sure but going to the store and buying then eating some greens and fruits regardless of how they were harvested and grown is better than eating a fried steak and french fries w/ ketchup

join