It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter service to Badger Peak 4/2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I got an email from a person that hiked Tikaboo last week. One of the Sundance Helicopters (N53SH) flew by Tikaboo on the way to Badger to service the facility. It isn't much of a secret that Sundance does contract work on the NTS and NTTR. I've spotted their tourist choppers doing very un-touristy things around the range. Checking my records, I caught another Sundance helicopter servicing Badger in August 2008. This company does Grand Canyon tours, so their pilots are certainly skilled at flying close to mountain peaks. [Not trivial since there are updrafts near the peaks.]

This spotter got a bearing on the chopper as it approached Tikaboo. Using the bearing and searching google earth, I was able to find a likely spot that it visited:
36°53'31.87"N 115°47'38.51"W

It left Badger heading eastward, which could imply it might have serviced one of the other NACTS (former ACMI) facilities such as Highland, Ella, Mormon.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Is this a 420 joke like THIS is?
www.ebaumsworld.com...

Or like this?
www.youtube.com...

When you say Badger, can you be more specific?

Or I'm making a joke about 420? I'm confused.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I won't bother looking at crap. Can the moderator remove the post?

Badger Peak is the peak closest to TIkaboo Peak.
www.peakbagger.com...

It is one of many remote sites that is used by Nellis AFB for telemetry related to Red Flag. These sites, as I mentioned in the original post, are serviced by Sundance Helicopters out of Las Vegas. There was a crash near Pioche servicing one of these remote facilities.
aircrashed.com...

When the spy camera showed up on Tikaboo, it was a total farce that the USAF needed to set it up for weather monitoring. They own the next peak over (Badger). They could have put the weather tower on Badger. I doubt the weather is much different than Tikaboo.

Incidentally, the spotter also saw the base's SU-27 in flight.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I posted the link to the wrong Badger Mountain. The peak is here:
N37 21.098 W115 19.568

The clearing for the helicopter is at:
37°21'16.34"N 115°19'33.45"W

The base itself is at:
37°21'17.71"N 115°19'31.83"W

Use the history feature of Google Earth since the older posts are clearer. Also note the imagery on Google Earth without using the history feature is older.

top topics

join