It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Van Jones Attacks 'Hater' Breitbart; Conservatives Want ‘Slavery, Segregation, Children in Facto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Van Jones Attacks 'Hater' Breitbart; Conservatives Want ‘Slavery, Segregation, Children in Factories
Breitbart story

Van Jones, the self proclaimed communist and former Obama appointee is going after conservatives.

In a wild tirade (video in the article) he really flies off the handle and accuses cons of being guilty of the very same thing that his beloved China and old Soviet agendas do ....

Van Jones: “You always have some Americans that, they don’t want to go forward. ‘We like slavery,‘ or ’we like segregation,‘ or ’we like women not voting,‘ or ’we like the environment being destroyed, we like workers having no rights, we like children in factories…’And they want to conserve, ahem, conserve, ahem, conserve the old ways.

“And then you have people who say ‘no, we can be a better country than this,‘ let’s progress, ahem, let’s progress beyond those old hateful ways. And so that’s always been a debate and a divide, but you know the people who are trying to make America progress always win in the end.”

“You have these people out there like Glenn Beck and we have the late Andrew Breitbart, who will take a half of a fact and a half of a fact, and half of a lie and mix it up together and sell it to you. And you know a lot of these haters actually think I’m like a 9/11 truther and a felon and all this type of stuff. And you can go and see it’s not true, but in their little information bubble the facts haven’t…they’re still tricked. It’s like they live in Ashton Kutcher world. You know what I mean? They’ve just been “punked” and they don’t know it.

Be very very careful with this dangerous person !!

Proceed with extreme caution when supporting his views !!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This sounds like a pretty good conservative platform to me.

“You always have some Americans that, they don’t want to go forward. ‘We like slavery,‘ or ’we like segregation,‘ or ’we like women not voting,‘ or ’we like the environment being destroyed, we like workers having no rights, we like children in factories…’And they want to conserve, ahem, conserve, ahem, conserve the old ways. "

I would hope most neo cons would realize WHY we have some of the regulations that we have. Corporations have done all of those things in the past to insure their profits. I am not a Van Jones fan, but crap, can you really imagine living in this country now like it was 1899?

I am honestly pretty moderate/middle of the road, but try reading "The Jungle", or looking at pics of Corporate Mining in California from the late 1800's, early 1900's, or pictures of a river catching on fire in the 1960's or 70's in Cleveland, and then tell me you want your 15 year old child working in a factory with no safety regs. Neo cons piss me off as much as neo tree huggers do.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well, in theory, complete DE-regulation very well could lead to child workers and environmental destruction.

The Cuyahoga river in Cleveland, Ohio caught on fire because it was so polluted. It was only cleaned up after regulations were put on the factories to stop polluting the river. It still isn't great but at least it is no longer flammable.

There have reportedly been at least thirteen fires on the Cuyahoga River, the first occurring in 1868.[12] The largest river fire in 1952 caused over $1 million in damage to boats and a riverfront office building.[13] Fires erupted on the river several more times before June 22, 1969, when a river fire captured the attention of Time magazine, which described the Cuyahoga as the river that "oozes rather than flows" and in which a person "does not drown but decays

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't really get the slavery,women or segregation comment, I'm sure some people feel that way but not most.

All you have to do is look at a country with very little to no regulation to see what happens. Child workers, slave wages, exploitation of the worker, and pollution happens. I don't see why staunch libertarians can't realize this.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Aw man, I double posted.
edit on 19-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Van Jones is a communist loser.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Van Jones is just one more of the racist scumbags this President brought into our lives and national suffering. I'll be quite happy if Obama takes the scum with him when he vanishes back wherever such people go when they are thrown from office.

When I hear him and several others in the same boat of hate start babbling their thoughts about..well..about anything at all..I just tune out. If they've ever had anything important or meaningful to say, I've sure not heard of it. Now for those looking for new reasons to hate and old reasons to justify the hate they already have, people like Jones here must sound like all the best music ever written. How sad.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yep... I'm a Conservative(Libertarian) and I want all of those things. Van Jones is a militant, pseudo-intellectual communist, who will say anything to try and remain relevant.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Yep... I'm a Conservative(Libertarian) and I want all of those things. Van Jones is a militant, pseudo-intellectual communist, who will say anything to try and remain relevant.

Alright, you have Ron and Rand Paul saying that they don't believe in the civil rights act, and people should be able to discriminate if they want to. The Koch brothers wanting to rape the environment to up their profits, repubs wanting the fed to have no say about anything, except for women's reproductive rights. We should have no safety standards or regulations because what BP did to the GOM was ok in the name of profits. And you really think these policies have traction anywhere except old, rich, white guys?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Breitbart is no better. None of these rabid dog commentators, bloggers etc are. They're motivated by money to keep spewing their bile and keep us divided.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Alright, you have Ron and Rand Paul saying that they don't believe in the civil rights act, and people should be able to discriminate if they want to. The Koch brothers wanting to rape the environment to up their profits, repubs wanting the fed to have no say about anything, except for women's reproductive rights. We should have no safety standards or regulations because what BP did to the GOM was ok in the name of profits. And you really think these policies have traction anywhere except old, rich, white guys?

Great talking points. It's real easy to regurgitate some emotionally based demagoguery heard on one of the failing Progressive radio/TV shows. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 made racism worse, not better. The bottom line is, in a free society a person has absolute authority over their private property, and can serve or not serve anyone they choose. If a restaurant owner wants to put a sign in his window that says "No Blacks" then that should be his right. In a free market, the consumers would choose to not patronize that restaurant and it would go out of business, as it should. Because of the CRA, racism can now be hidden, and people give their hard earned money to business owners that they wouldn't if they knew that business owner's heart. The Koch Brothers are agenda driven rich guys, just like Sorros, Buffett, and Bill Gates. They all suck and are detached from reality. The Koch brothers ARE NOT Conservatives, they are Republicans, and they are not one in the same, contrary to what the mainstream media says. BP was a big campaign donor for Obama, and Sorros benefited from the $2 billion Obama gave PETROBRAS in Brazil to drill in much deeper water than BP was drilling in the Gulf. Hypocrisy? Of course. Conflict of interest? You bet. Keep listening to Randi Rhodes and stay in the dark.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
He's "insane in the membrane..."

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Van Jones: “You always have some Americans that, they don’t want to go forward. ‘We like slavery,

Yo it was a Republican who fought a war to end slavery wasn't a democrat

’we like segregation,

Yo who came up with the hypenated American names instead of just being called an American that would be liberals.

we like women not voting,

Except when they are named Palin,Ann Romney,Bachmann,Elizabeth Castlebeck and conservative women

we like the environment being destroyed,

Having a job a house and a car and putting gas in your tank that is if you can afford it or work in those industries such as closing coal mines and funnel taxpayer money to failed corporate fascism that has put millions out of work here and million to work in a place that couldn't give a rats ass like China and India and Mexico

“And then you have people who say ‘no, we can be a better country than this,‘ let’s progress,

Yeah some of us say no to failed thinking that has led this nation to a 15 trillon dollar deficit over 100 million people living on the Government dime.

There is nowhere left to progress to

“You have these people out there like Glenn Beck and we have the late Andrew Breitbart, who will take a half of a fact and a half of a fact, and half of a lie and mix it up together and sell it to you.

Hey Vann what the hell do you think you have been doing eh?

And you know a lot of these haters actually think I’m like a 9/11 truther and a felon and all this type of stuff.

Actually Vann is just an idiot which is true and really punked Vann Vann Vann when are you going to stop acting like a punk?

new topics

top topics

join