It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Won't Believe What This Taliban Commander Did For $100 Bucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

You Won't Believe What This Taliban Commander Did For $100 Bucks

www.abovetopsecret.com

A Taliban leader in Afghanistan has stunningly exemplified a new low in the insurgency.

A U.S. official told Kevin Sieff at The Washington Post that Mohammad Ashan turned up at a police check-point in Paktika province last week so he could collect the reward advertised on his Wanted poster. No joke.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-4-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Now guys I really was tempted to pop this story into the "jokes" forum but this is a true story. He must either have been desprate for the money or just stupid. I wonder if it was worth the hundred dollars?

whats more I really do have to ask myslef if they gave him over the reward, I really hope the millitary are not that inept that they would do such a thing.

who knows this could become the new tactic in catching Taliban leaders.

www.abovetopsecret.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I would be pissed if all they thought I was worth was 100 measly bucks.

I would have do something to increase that value, at least get a second opinion.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
your link is taking us to the breaking news page
not to your story

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I love this story! Kind of shows though how the Taliban are not terrorists - they are defending their homeland (whether i agree with their practices or not - not as it happens).

Basically, poorly educated peasants scratching out a living. Many recruits join the Taliban for the promise of pay ( a pittance but far more than they would earn locally).

Bonus for his family as well.....easier to share the reward cash amongst fewer family members!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Sorry if you use the one in the quote it should take you right to it, that one does seem to work for me.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
More US propaganda BS.

Why would you believe anything from a country who's army piss on the dead, mock the dead, pose with body parts, tortute people , get drunk and murder innocent families, bomb and kill innocent children with drones, bomb and kill people without trials or convictions, the list is endless.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

if his family was going hungry and he had no other way to help them , then i could understand his actions.
his country is in a shambles and maybe the work he did to provide for his family is no longer possible

don't judge this man as stupid because he sacrificed he own freedom for the sake of his family.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yes the world is full of such idiots sadly-Its not just an Afghan phenomena..

I have read that someone in the USA phoned the cops to report they had their cannabis plants stolen,and there are many instances of goons bragging about their crimes on FB here in the UK(which the cops must just love!).

Thank goodness most crims are very stupid-Not saying this particular Taliban was though-who amongst us would not be fighting for our homeland if we were invaded by the world's most powerful cartel??

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I guess maybe the guy couldn't read all that well?

Would be my thoughts, lol.
That or he felt guilty and wanted to be caught.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
On the other hand, the man may have defected and/or cut a deal with the military before he turned himself in...in which case, he would likely be more intelligent than anyone that has thus far posted to this thread. Your folly is evident in 1) just assuming that the biased article/propaganda is true and/or 2) believing that the U.S. military tells the truth about anything.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I've got a band new $100 bill for the next Taliban Commander that turns himself in. Any takers?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thier stupidity is born out yet again.
They commit suicide by blowing themselves up in order to kill innocent people. That is the all time stupid mark on the stupid scale but this turning oneself in for a measley 100 dollars they will never get to spend is not far away from that.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

like our workers frm Tadjikistan

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
$100 would've made him the 4th richest guy over there, the exchange rate is SICK! He'd've been able to buy 2/3rds the air force for that amount!

What is even better, with how tightly knit the folks are over there he'd've just had to ask to be let go and they'd let him out as it is part of their honor!

Derek

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Sieff says officials are wondering whether desperation and lack of resources is catching up with the insurgents Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

And yet NATO has been unsuccessfully fighting these guys for a decade.

Hmmmm

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join